It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Establishment has decided Carly Fiorina ought to be excluded of the ABC TV debate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

Carly Fiorina was not invited to take part in the ABC Republican debate of this incoming Saturday that is in preparation to the Caucus of New Hampshire, the reactions have been many from different sectors, including some her own potential rivals like Ted Cruz or the former Republican nominee Mitt Romney that have tried to change unsuccessfully such an openly discriminatory decision against her, in spite that her performance in Iowa was better than the ones of some of the invites.

www.theatlantic.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

ABC is any way defending their decision arguing that Fiorina according with the polls they trust is not as popular right now to be in the debate. However candidates like Jeb Bush or John Kasich didn't perform much better than her in the same primary.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The situation is clear, Carly Fiorina is an extremely inconvenient and highly dangerous potentially emerging candidate to the great interests that are right now being played. Iowa has showed that the two Supercandidates invented by the Media, promoted by the Establishment are not as invincible as they were advertised just weeks ago.

Donald Trump has fell dramatically in Iowa under Ted Cruz in a way that panic has entered in his own lines, he is certainly gravely injured in his image and if he can't win this February 9th we are going to see a really chaotic scenario in his campaign.

In the Other side Hillary showed a so weak performance in Iowa, she was the favorite , according with the prearranged polls along many weeks, it was expected that she was going to humiliate Bernie Sanders and the situation was absolutely in the other way around, she finished getting the most painful and Pyrrhic victory ever, gaining for less than 1% of vote difference.

Carly Fiorina is precisely the kind of Candidate that with a good performance in New Hampshire could pull a lot of votes needed urgently either by Mr Trump or by Hillary Clinton to try to stop their course toward the abyss.

She is a business person, an former executive of a great corporation, one of the leader companies in America, her expertise and interesting career in the private sector is no doubt a challenge to the idea that only Donald Trump could rule from the White house with a enterpreuner mentality.

But Fiorina is much more than that, she is also the other woman in the Election, a lady that has showed a lot of intelligence to perform along this campaign showing that she is several times more professional than Clinton in all aspects, after all she was already in an extremely important position in the Industry when Mrs Clinton was still only the wife of a President with no political experience by her own at all.

Are we going to see if the TV debates will really carry out the miracle so required by Clinton and Trump ? or to the contrary if this so evident and notorious exclusion is going to move a strong vote of protest among the electors to show that it is the common people after all who has the last word in a political election to determine who deserves or not to continue running? .

In order to weight properly the so complicate scenario that the establishment candidates are dealing with let us reflect finally in the so desperate attempt to recover position of Jeb Bush, who is this weekend moving along the state with his own elder mother Barbara Bush doing campaign for him.

Bush is appealing to the strong femenine image of the Bush matriarch since he needs that Fiorina can't out perform him in order to survive politically. The great Hope of Jeb is precisely the strength of his family in Texas, He needs to remain alive until the primary of that state and of the surrounding conservative southern states arrive.

The Bush clan can't allow that a Texan Candidate as Carly Fiorina has the chance to survive to be able to fight Jeb such an important key State in his strategy to try to find a path to the nomination. So they are moving all their influences to boycott the inconvenient candidate for the political establishment.

When a candidate needs to invoke the past in the way Bush is doing right now and make the electors dream in the old glories of the past as they were 20 or 25 years ago, it is clear that he or she is dealing with a very difficult adverse present moment. His campaign strategy is not so much different than the Clinton's one that it is bombing through her commercials the New Hampshire electors with archive images of her time as a first lady, creating a curtain of Nostalgic smog to hide the so ugly performance she got in Iowa.

Carly Fiorina is insisting today that the decision of ABC to exclude her is an insult to the electors, to the way the number of votes showed in Iowa in her favor.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.politico.com...

The Thread is of course open to the free discussion, provided that you remain in the topic and express with respect and decorum you own opinions.

Thanks for your attention

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/5/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I actually like her more than many of the candidates, but if she hasn't pulled more numbers by now I find it unlikely that she will given the debate formats and the refusal of mainstream America to pay attention to anything that can't be reduced to a twitter post.

Our system is crap and money talks. I would encourage you to vote Sanders or Trump if it comes down to it. We need to break this system.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Her numbers suck, like her time as a CEO
edit on 5-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

New Hampshire is a primary, not a caucus.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

May the Light guide you.

The cold, hard truth is that she has 0% chance of winning anything. And to be honest, ABC should only put Rubio, Trump, and Cruz in the debate because no one else has a chance from the republican side. The debate would be so much better with less people anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Dear EightTF3,

Did you check in details the numbers of John Kasich? He was not better than her but it is in the debate.

She is clearly sharing the sixth position in the table of results in Iowa:

www.bing.com...

This primary of New Hampshire is no longer the caucus of Iowa, the two states belong to very different regions of the country, so a decision can't take those results as its only referent to call candidates in a debate , national polls must be also taken in account.

How about the other candidates that are doing campaign this weekend in New Hampshire?, do they deserve to be completed ignored?

It is true that they were clearly below her scores, like Mike Huckabee, Christ Christie or Jim Gilmore, but they have not yet dropped, and the fact that they were not favored in Iowa does not mean that they have the same level of support in the East coast.

A debate for the candidates with lower scores in Iowa might be fair to offer the people options, specially to the many electors in New Hampshire, Nevada or South Carolina that don't feel identified with the winners of Iowa.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/5/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Stephanopoulos is known Clinton supporter. Fiorina always goes after Clinton when not attacking Trump.

IMHO there should be only 3-5 on that stage. However that would possibly relegate Bush to a junior debate, can't have that happen either.

I don't like Carly but think she's being shafted by not having others join her.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: EightTF3

Dear EightTF3,

Did you check in details the numbers of John Kasich? He was not better than her but it is in the debate, how about the ones of candidates that were clearly below her scores, like Mike Huckabee, Christ Christie or Jim Gilmore?

This primary of New Hampshire is no longer the caucus of Iowa, the two states belong to very different regions of the country, so a decision can't take those results as its only referent to call candidates in a debate , national polls must be also taken in account.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

A) I find it hard to respond to you directly cause your shtick is weird

B) I didn't comment on the other candidates. Nobody in the establishment(or outside) cares about Carly Fiorina anymore. She's a worthless candidate all around

May the Force be with you

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

A very timely thread for our warped times, good angel.
May the system fall right after the heavens if need be.
As much as I also don't like Carly's resume and trail of
unemployed, she ascended a notch on my respect scale
for her calling out the rigged system. It got her shut out,
which I hope will tell the average voter more than hearing
her story. I also quietly hope she gets a VP nod, she's that
skilled.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I actually like her more than many of the candidates, but if she hasn't pulled more numbers by now I find it unlikely that she will given the debate formats and the refusal of mainstream America to pay attention to anything that can't be reduced to a twitter post.

Our system is crap and money talks. I would encourage you to vote Sanders or Trump if it comes down to it. We need to break this system.

And vote in every House, Senate, state, and local government race. Don't overestimate what the President alone can do.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The debate criteria are top 3 in Iowa, top 6 in polling in New Hampshire, top 6 in national polling. She did not come in the top 3 in Iowa, she polls in 7th in New Hampshire and polls 9th in the national polls. And since most people that were polling at her levels have dropped out their is no point to under card debate.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

Without a doubt you are correct.

People like talking about grassroots movements, but it only seems to come up in big elections. True grassroots movements need to start at home. We need local, county, and state officials who support the kind of change we want to see nationally.

We need some trickle-up politics and we need it now.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Our country is so absurdly apathetic that we can only characterize any form of grass roots movement as a pipe dream.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

Our country is so absurdly apathetic that we can only characterize any form of grass roots movement as a pipe dream.

Hey, pipe dreams built this country. Nobody thought it would work out. If I have to hang my hope on a pipe dream I'll take that over giving up hope.

If I can open a few minds and each of them can open a few.... better than giving up. Truth can be contagious under the right conditions.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Hey, pipe dreams built this country. Nobody thought it would work out. If I have to hang my hope on a pipe dream I'll take that over giving up hope.

If I can open a few minds and each of them can open a few.... better than giving up. Truth can be contagious under the right conditions.

Well making sure people are informed and educated on the issues is step one. Most people seem happy as lemmings. If that is the case, we need to make sure the leader is walking them to better pastures and not off a cliff.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dear Readers,

I have the impression that in spite of the lack of opportunity granted to Fiorina this weekend she is going to surprise the Tuesday with a score that can challenge the status quo decreed by the establishment.

People is sympathetic with the candidates that represent the voice of the rebellion, the voice that is denouncing and asking for a change, this is not time for discrimination and although ABC thinks that they did the correct the fact is that If Kasich was there she must be also too, their numbers were pretty tied.

Ben Carson also supported the presence of Fiorina in the debate, and that says a lot, since his ticket was not attached to hers in any way.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Now, it is shocking to see Christ Christie, a candidate that was worst than Fiorina in final votes in Iowas sharing the scenario in a debate in which she was literally banned.

www.timesofisrael.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dear readers,

The already announced dropping of the Republican campaign of Carly Fiorina, Christ Christie, Mike Huckabee and Rick Sanctorum plus the non announced but obviously unavoidable dropping of the other less favored candidates in the caucuses of Iowa and the primary of New Hampshire: Rand Paul and Jim Gilmore is automatically releasing around 13% of the vote, the great question is to whom this is going to benefit?

I can predict that this is not going to favor at all Donald Trump, to the contrary, these voters are going to move toward either Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio. They are clearly not even remotely interested in to support the adventure of to follow an entertainer as the Republican nominee.

it is interesting to notice that none of the dropped candidates is adhering Trump, Sanctorum is the only one that formally has endorsed somebody, in his case Marco Rubio.

It is likely that the majority of the supporters of Carly Fiorina would prefer to adhere a candidate Senator like Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz or another coming from the Private sector like Dr Ben Carson, but the followers of Chris Christie will align most probably on another Governor as John Kasich or Jeb Bush.

Of course this is an opportunity in the hope of Ben Carson, who resist to drop, He is who needs more to get important part of this miraculous catch of fish, as his only chance to remain in the race. South Carolina will be the moment of truth for Carson. He will not have more momentum to continue if he does not have one of the higher scores in that election. His supporters have seen twice him falling dramatically in Iowa and New Hampshire in spite of all the expectation created by the polls.

I think we could see again Fiorina or Christie coming back as potential runners mates of the mentioned candidates if any of them is able to defeat Trump.

Now, if one of the stronger runner ups is able to absorb the majority of these voters we could see perhaps somebody able to teach Trump a lesson of humility in Nevada or North Carolina.

Donald Trump certainly has had a moment of relaxation in New Hampshire, but with just only 1/3 of the Republicans on his side it is clear that all his opportunity to get the nomination depend exclusively of to continue having so many rivals, since otherwise he will have to face a secure defeat soon or later.

His performance in New Hampshire was even poorer than the one of Hillary Clinton that was beaten in a horrible way by Bernie Sanders but with 40% of the Democratic vote.

The Next crucial moment on this campaign will be the day after the Super Tuesday March 1st , the day 9 primaries or caucuses will be celebrated at once, that day we will see another moment of massive dropping of candidates.

Thanks for your attention to the thread.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/11/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

May the Light guide you.

The cold, hard truth is that she has 0% chance of winning anything. And to be honest, ABC should only put Rubio, Trump, and Cruz in the debate because no one else has a chance from the republican side. The debate would be so much better with less people anyway.

I don't know. I think Kasich is picking up steam. And I've always wanted all the candidates to be in on the debates. Smaller is better though, I agree. I like the Democratic debates now it's just Hillary and Sanders. No interference or distraction.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

May the Light guide you.

I don't know. I think Kasich is picking up steam. And I've always wanted all the candidates to be in on the debates. Smaller is better though, I agree. I like the Democratic debates now it's just Hillary and Sanders. No interference or distraction.

To be fair, my post was pre-Rubio meltdown and NH shocker (who the F* votes for JEB?!). Kasich is tolerable.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

May the Light guide you.

To be fair, my post was pre-Rubio meltdown and NH shocker (who the F* votes for JEB?!). Kasich is tolerable.

I know, that's funny right? Someone is voting for Bush. Of all the GOP Candidates, he's the one I like the least. He's the one everyone likes the least.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join