It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics - Or why no single person can save the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So you think that Bernie Sanders can save US politics?

So you think that ANY single person can EVER save us from the mess that TPTB have produced in so many countries over so many decades?

When will we learn that only we ALTOGETHER can change this situation?!

With extremly rare exceptions a politician must have the following properties and you will find many politicians which perfectly fit this description:

- consistent liar - must be able to lie without ever stopping to do so even if the lie has been exposed
- greedy / corrupt - money makes him / her say what TPTB want to be said; it's just a matter of how much must be paid to reach the goal
- selfish / egomaniacal - the candidate must think he / she is better than anyone else and preset himself / herself accordingly
- willing to sell one's own grandmother
- will not think himself / herself
- will never ever do what has been said during the fantasy show election campaign
- smile / laugh away any scandal that has been shaking the past
- nice to have: good actor even under tough circumstances
- nice to have: can read without mistakes from a tele-prompter
- nice to have: criminal past or at least some stinking jobs in the economy

And so here we go. Another soap opera is running on US televisions. Hundereds of millions of dollars have been spent to give the American tax payer the most colorful illusion of having a choice.

And still many of us are STILL debating here whether Sanders or Clinton would be better... I don't get it.

We are here on a conspiracy site and yet many of us still belive in Santa and look up to these elections as if they would EVER change anything for the better.

This is NOT the way the establishment can be stopped.

We must build a network of people and do politics ourselves! We must get adults who are willing to make decisions themselves. No more elections. Everyone must be able to participate at any time. Don't let a few crazy-minded self-chosen half-gods play out their egocentric narcissism in the open public.

I don't need another so called "democratic" election. IT'S FAKE!

I need people who understand that only we ourselved can change this.

When will we ever learn?
edit on 5-2-2016 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
One person can make a big difference and change the world...maybe not everything at once, but one man can make a difference.

MKL made a huge difference. He was a Catalyst for change.
Gandhi made a huge difference.
Nelson Mandela made a huge difference in the world.
Modern history is full of people that have made huge differences in the world.

I'm not saying Sander is like those three, but just that one man can make a difference.

What about Abraham Lincoln, or Benjamin Frankilin or Mikhael gorbachev or Rosa Parks or Mother Theresa or Princess diana...Charles Darwin, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, bill gates, steve Jobs it really never ends. You never really know who, why are how someone is going to change the world, they just do sometimes.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Today there is no longer room for people to change the world. And I do not think it is responsible of us to let a few decide what happens to a whole country or even the world.

I want a network of people so that each one of us can participate in these important decisions. So that decisions become OUR decisions and not the ones of a few people who have lost ground contact long ago.

Maybe there were people in the past which inspired some of us. But TPTB have made it increasingly impossible to make somethiung like this happen again.

We need global effects not dim lights in the dark. We all can reach this goal together. But before that works we must get rid of the current political system as a whole. There is no other way!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mrMasterJoe

Look into proportional representation government.

It makes better sense, than two party, winner takes all system we have.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Ok, there are other models. But I asked why we consistantly put out power away into the hands of a few. Because it's convenient? Because we "don't have the time" to do it ourselves?

Wouldn't a system where everyone can participate at any time - guided by a large group of experts - make much more sense?

We must ask the question: How can we transform the system into something that serves each and everyone? And not just a few people who get richer and richer at the cost of others dying and suffering?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrMasterJoe
a reply to: amazing

Today there is no longer room for people to change the world. And I do not think it is responsible of us to let a few decide what happens to a whole country or even the world.

I want a network of people so that each one of us can participate in these important decisions. So that decisions become OUR decisions and not the ones of a few people who have lost ground contact long ago.

Maybe there were people in the past which inspired some of us. But TPTB have made it increasingly impossible to make somethiung like this happen again.

We need global effects not dim lights in the dark. We all can reach this goal together. But before that works we must get rid of the current political system as a whole. There is no other way!

I see what you're saying and you're not entirely wrong.

However I've done it and seen it first hand, change the world that is. I've gotten people to do hundreds of thousands of dollars in repairs to public buildings that would otherwise not have happened.

And on a larger scale, it's not that some person is trying to control you. It's you find a cause or something you are passionate about and take it on. Think MLK, he didn't force anyone to do anything, but just by taking on a cause and doing what he thought was right, other people (a network, just like you said) started helping him and following him and doing what he was doing, that's how one man effects huge change.

Now take Sanders, he's getting people that are supporting him to run for office and he's got people talking about getting money out of politics in a way that we really haven't been talking about before. He's already changing things.

There are two ways to change a thing. From the outside and from the inside. Both can be effective.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Well;

1) the lessons of history is that the only people who ever have changed the world are individuals or small groups of individuals. The masses have never been known to make any real, lasting and meaningful changes at all.

2) Any change starts with a one person having a dream and then having a hell of a lot of courage.

Does Sanders have this? who knows but if Ron Paul and Berine Sanders teamed up I think they could command such popular support from the awakening masses that their lives would be in less danger than might otherwise be the case and they just might be able to pull it off.

Who knows? Berine Sanders might just be nothing more than a foil for the real PTB candidate.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So you think that ANY single person can EVER save us from the mess that TPTB have produced in so many countries over so many decades?

When will we learn that only we ALTOGETHER can change this situation?!

Not even Bernie thinks he can "save US politics" - he openly acknowledges that NO ONE PERSON can get anything done.
He or she can garner attention to important issues - after that, the US system requires cooperation from all involved; to find a workable MIDDLE GROUND........

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think people need to live by Ghandis now cliched advice, "be the change you want to see in the world".
There's not much else you can do

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Part of the problem is that we can't get everyone to agree on anything at any given time. If you try to rely on the masses to get anything done, it will be a massive standstill as everyone argues on what we need to do and how we do it.

That's why a democratic republic, while certainly not perfect, is probably the best way to get things done. We vote people into positions who will represent our views. It was a decent system in the beginning - it has gotten corrupt with lobbyists representing huge business taking over the system, leaving the average joe without adequate representation.

I think we definitely need reform, but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
As was mentioned above, be the change you want to see.

I've done that, I've had multiple things I wanted to change but had no power, no following no money no name recognition no connections no nothing...so I did the research, ran the numbers, made the face book posts, talked to people and met with people in charge of this and that... and then I started making the changes I wanted, meaning no one was going to save me or do these things for me, I must do them myself. I volunteered my time and took it upon myself to do things that no one else could, would or wanted to do. When you take action yourself, people will start to follow you and soon you have many people.

It's not one person changing the world, it's one man/woman must take the first action so that others can follow. The guy that first rant he four minute mile is a classic example. After he did it, every elite athlete did it. It just takes one persn to be the catalyst for huge change.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

We must build a network of people and do politics ourselves! We must get adults who are willing to make decisions themselves. No more elections. Everyone must be able to participate at any time. Don't let a few crazy-minded self-chosen half-gods play out their egocentric narcissism in the open public.

Yes, yes, a million times, YES. I had this thought a couple days ago, but have been struggling with the words to use-which you found and used so succinctly. A network of people who recognize the need for change, the desire to be that positive change, the determination to carry it out. ACTION must be taken in these days, word will do nothing. A billion voices can be ignored, but a million actions cannot.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5leepingWarrior

Yes, yes, a million times, YES. I had this thought a couple days ago, but have been struggling with the words to use-which you found and used so succinctly. A network of people who recognize the need for change, the desire to be that positive change, the determination to carry it out. ACTION must be taken in these days, word will do nothing. A billion voices can be ignored, but a million actions cannot.

To which I respond: What happened to all the communes of the 60s/70s. You know, all those people who were going to change the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If I had to venture a guess? MiB? a lack of "the determination to carry it out"? Vehement opposition? lack of sufficient communication. Vices, inhibition, fear, doubt, propaganda. take your pick?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
People have been trying to change government forever. Never gonna happen. No matter how genuine a person is, power will corrupt.

In the old days they built castle walls and blockades. Certain people were allowed to live inside. Today we have gated gated communities for a select few who choose or are chosen to live behind protected walls - - - while the rest of us peons shuffle for safe living in the "outside world".

Today we have about 320 million people in the US, many trying to be individuals screaming Me Me Me.

If you can't figure out you need to work within the system - - ya gotta problem.

I say try to shore up what ya got, tighten waste, go after corruption, etc.

Good luck with the "governments not going to force me" people.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

People have been trying to change government forever

Yeah, that is why, to me, the word government is a black joke. People talk about "good governments" without even realizing the irony of that statement. Any body that governs, that is, holds power over other peoples lives that is comprised of humans is going to by its very nature be corrupt. That's the beauty of:

I mean, just imagine that if, instead of something to be reviled or feared, government instead was an hour or two out of your day? We have the means, thanks to internet, for all of humanity to literally be on the same page. It is kind of funny, actually. I am quite opposed to 'social media' nowadays, being convinced that its a nsa data mine and social engineering construct. But just last night I was thinking about how to change the world, and the irony slapped me in the face when I realized: That's exactly what this world needs. One page, one Human race. People, reporting in from all around the world on what needs to be done, what steps need to be taken, then people actually taking those steps.

I realize, that this puts great responsibility on every shoulder. In fact, that's the beauty of it! A burden is, after all, lighter when it is shared. If the power rested equally upon every pair of shoulders this race has, then literally nobody would be able to use their power to subvert another. There would be no hidden agendas, no secret plots. No black budgets. No power grabbing, money scheming.

This does have one big ass IF: It would require most(not all, you're never going to get all) people to have a sound, freethinking mind on their shoulders, with a healthy respect for all life and a strong, clear desire to see a better future, today. Hmm, now, where does that sound familiar, from?

Oh, Yeah. Isn't that what being an ATS member is all about? Only, I think it's time for action as I said. Talking about things is all well and fine, but if you never then ascend to acting upon those things, then ultimately, what's the point?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Today we have about 320 million people in the US, many trying to be individuals screaming Me Me Me.

Well, setting aside the fact(read: opinion) that that's "their" whole plan succeeding, that's what this thread is addressing. The fact that, if we are going to actually DO something about all the corruptness and vileness and disease in our world, we have to do it as a singular body comprised of many, many different parts. Different parts that, while realizing their differences, choose instead to focus on the similarities, the things that bind us all together and then proceed in a positive direction with the whole race in mind.
Again, read:

We must build a network of people and do politics ourselves!

Literally all of humanity on the same page, looking past our collective differences and deciding to build a better tomorrow, because nobody else will, until SOMEBODY does.

edit on 6-2-2016 by 5leepingWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

To which I respond: What happened to all the communes of the 60s/70s. You know, all those people who were going to change the world.

We're still here.
Raised our kids (who are now Millennials), and still going to change the world.

edit on 2/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." ~ Margret Mead~

While it is true one individual can not change the world, he just has to influence a few, which will influence a few more people and so on (the Domino Effect if you will).

Look at the Revolutionary War (American War of Independence for you non-Americans), 10% were for Independence, 10% were Loyalists (want to stay with British Empire), and 80% just want to go about living their lives (the fence sitters if you will). Over time, that small 10% of people for Independence managed to grow, and carry the day. If you look at the History of Americas fight for Independence its a miracle we won.

Now while Donald J. Trump may be one man, he can motivate army of people, who if committed enough can do anything they set their minds too.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
No, I don't think one person can save the world. Neither did America's Founders. That's why they created a decentralized government structure. Only people who put faith in government as their savior are naive enough to think one man or woman has all the answers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join