It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange SKID marks seen from ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheEnlightenedOne

Nice catch. I was thinking the volcano as well. No hard data to back that up, but it seems to fit. Would be interested to hear from anyone who can explain how this works (is it solely the winds/jet stream, out does the rotation of Earth, or differing atmospheric pressure come into play in forming the pattern?)

My assumption would be more of a gradual fading smear than what appears to be fairly taut edges.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hurricane Lexi ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I can explain the prevailing winds but whatcha think about this......

that's nothing normal......can you guys see that it continues concentric around where....is the question. Please don't tell me it's Russia's powerful H A R R P.....where's the ground track....hard to tell, huh!

wait....is that possibly what a standing scalar wave would look like......geesh

E T A....wait....is that another to the right meaning concentric " bulls eye "...concentric on that continent up there looks like. AND....it is pushing that huge cirrus mass down toward the lower part of the skid mark. tell me

edit on 6-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 6-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 6-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Its from the eruption in Japan but that's not even the coolest part. They caught something you don't see often during an eriptuon . check out the video on volcanic lightning . as for the Skid mark the eruption through massive amounts if suit into the upper atmosphere higher than most clouds so the wind pattern is entirely different and yes the earths rotation has a very big impact.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheEnlightenedOne

Might there just be a smudge on the camera lens?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This is the ISS Position and HD Camera FOV for 20:07 EST, 5 Feb 2016

Click for larger image.

ISS Tracker 3D

I don't know much about the ISS. So given this positional information, if you know where the camera is located and what direction it's moving, you may get a better idea of the magnitude of the skid mark.

-dex
edit on 2/6/2016 by DexterRiley because: added link

edit on 2/6/2016 by DexterRiley because: date

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
If the ISS were indeed somewhere in that part of the world when the "skid mark" appeared in the view, this makes me think of the dust and sand being blown from Sahara across the Atlantic. news.discovery.com...

One thing we can try doing is examining the images of Earth from the DSCOVR spacecraft for that day and area of Earth. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for the images from Feb 5th to 6th, but here's an image from Feb 4th: epic.gsfc.nasa.gov...

We can also keep an eye on the latest imagery of Earth from the ISS but, again, we have to wait for the images from Feb 5th-6th.
edit on 6-2-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

The DISCOVER Spacecraft image for Feb 4 that you linked shows a dark band around the equator that would be in about the right place.

Is this the African dust stream that we're seeing, rather than the Japanese volcano?

-dex

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: wildespace

The DISCOVER Spacecraft image for Feb 4 that you linked shows a dark band around the equator that would be in about the right place.

Is this the African dust stream that we're seeing, rather than the Japanese volcano?

-dex

I'd guess so, seeing how the ISS was practically on the opposite hemisphere of the Earth at the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Not a likely candidate, but also something to look at from space.

Giant garbage fire in Mumbai

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Maybe its the wake of a black triangle mothership?

Doubt it.

Seriously though, I think its pretty impressive how fast you guys determined its probably from the volcano.

If not the volcano or sand then what?

It does look unnatural to me sort of.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
This is the ISS Position and HD Camera FOV for 20:07 EST, 5 Feb 2016

Click for larger image.

If it was then the photo would show nothing like what we see, as it was night at the time.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
If it was then the photo would show nothing like what we see, as it was night at the time.

Then TheEnlightenedOne must double-check when did he see that "skid mark" appear on the screen. And whether is was indeed a live image and not something from half an hour away.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for the correction, nice catch.

I ran the time back to just before the ISS entered the Earth's shadow. That would be about 30-35 minutes before the OP post time. Rather than 10-15 minutes as TheEnlightenedOne thought.

Following is the map of the ISS position at 19:45 EST, 05 Feb 2016.

Now it's at the same latitude as Japan. Looks like it probably is from the Volcano. It's interesting nonetheless.

click for larger image.

-dex

top topics

<< 1   >>

join