It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Covers Up Bush-Era War Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mr. Nobel peace prize, Obama, it’s revealed again has come up short on transparency, one of his many broken campaign promises.

The photos show U.S. troops posing with corpses and simulating forced sodomization. But “the most transparent administration in history” won’t let you see the horrors

Just another example of Obama’s moral nothingness.

He’s just a mouthpiece for BS

After more than a decade of fighting to keep them out of public view, the Pentagon released 198 photographs on Friday, mostly showing close-ups of tiny cuts, bruises, and scars on a series of anonymous men. But the real story is what the Obama administration decided to keep hidden. Friday’s photos are an innocuous fraction of a much larger cache of 2,000 images, detailing the abuse of detainees in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Some of the most graphic images are said to show American troops posing with corpses. Others depict U.S. forces holding guns to people’s heads or simulating forced sodomization. In one, a large man rides an elderly woman as if she were an animal and whips her with a stick. The mistreatment of corpses and prisoners are widely considered to be violations of the international rules of war.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Obama again proves that he is a moral swamp of empty noise.

He talks but never delivered. 8 years of nothing only what was expected of a pedestrian leader.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
I would say America hide your faces in shame....this is what your boys (and girls) get turned into in the Service.....
They like them as perverted as their evil masters.........

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So sad that one man's wrong choices still haunts America till this today. It is even sadder that Our President has to clean up so much of what Bush started ages ago. I wonder how long the effects of the Bush administration will go on, I wonder how many more generations will suffer and be embarrassed by the atrocities that were left behind.I wonder how many more presidents in the future will have to clean up this eternal mess?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There's a reason he's not exposing that kind of 'stuff'. I am sure it happens under ALLL POTUS' watch. If they go exposing all that, what might they discover about Obama while investigating? These days, it doesn't really seem to matter as the past president can just pull an Obama and claim no knowledge. In fact Bush could even state he heard about it in the news.

More and more, the POTUS gains advanced power but has less accountability.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The war in the Middle East was and continues to be generated and bankrolled by corporate oligarchies in their never-ending pursuit for Oil & Gas. 911 was the excuse, PNAC had the motive and Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et all carried out the mission. Obama has simply continued the mission.

Irrespective of atrocities committed by US military personnel - those pale in comparison to the bigger picture of why the US is there in the first place, and it has absolutely nothing to do with "freedom and democracy" regardless of what the propaganda machine would have folks believe.

13 years later, the ME is a trainwreck and this says a lot about how Saddam, Qaddafi and others in the region were/are able to rule and maintain a degree of stability not seen since their demise...thanks to these same corporate oligarchies wanting them ousted because they stood in the way of their agenda of wanting all the oil & gas in the region.

This is just the propaganda machine using deflection tactics so that folks are watching, focusing and arguing about what the "left" hand is doing whilst the powers guide their agenda with their "right" hand.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I couldn't agree more.

Anyone who thinks Obama is the only one solely responsible for this cluster **** of coverups over the past 15 years... has not been paying attention.

edit on 5-2-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's a given the President elected after the last one will cover for their crimes and abuses of office.
It's inherited like the White House china - it comes with the office.
They know it would come back to bite them in the ass should they fail to cover for their partners in bi=partisan crime.
If the skeletons started falling from the closet they would fast run out of floor space.
It would fill a small encyclopedia of financial manipulation, assassination, starting wars, endless propaganda to cow the public in to accepting their schemes, torture, chemical and biological warfare - any evil done by man had been done to perfection by governments the world over. The bigger the country there is a proportional correspondence to amount of depravity they will sink to. The US, Russia, China - that's us and them.

We've become what we thought we were fighting against.
Finding the strength to accept that is impossible for many.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
I would say America hide your faces in shame....this is what your boys (and girls) get turned into in the Service.....
They like them as perverted as their evil masters.........

I find that an offensive broad generalization. I've known more honorable people that have served this country than I have known horrible ones who would do the things mentioned. Many of the people that served are quite candid about the problems.

The behavior cited may be shameful and people need to be accountable, but I will never hide my face in shame because of the actions of monsters.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Victors have been desecrating the corpses of the vanquished since Achilles tied Hectors corpse to his chariot and drug the body around the walls of Troy for everyone to see.

I'm not condoning it but as others have said, this pales in comparison of true war crimes.

In my opinion the accusation is more hyperbole than atrocity when compared to the actions of groups like the Khmer Rouge intellectual purge or the tribal feuds between sub saharan Africans that grew into acts of terror so gruesome they deserved to be grouped in the same category as Nazi eugenics.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So it's Obama's fault that these trained killers decided to have a lil fun with some corpses ten years ago? I imagine war is an ugly thing to endure and sometimes it takes less than savory characters to perform it. I'm guessing after killing a few dozen people and fighting for your life, a couple of pics to commemorate the insanity isn't all that bizzare. Blame whoever you like, but what good would it do for Obama to release these sickening photos? Anyone who would want to view these photos is just as sick as the ones who posed in them, so whats the point?
edit on 6-2-2016 by Tuomptonite because: edit

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

It not about viewing the photos it’s about revealing the crimes of America.

Obama, if he didn’t have the heart to correct the Iraq war then he shouldn’t have run for president.

Because of that invasion there will be a curse on America probably FOR EVER.

Obama, the ignorant fool, has no idea on how to correct that endeavor.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Of course Obama is not the only one responsible who said that.

But now that he has some power he has responsibility.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We all know it had nothing to do with freedom and democracy.

The point is Obama, had a responsibility to the Iraqi people.

As Colon Powell said to stupid, jack ass Bush before the invasion: “if you invade you own it”

Obama is a liar and deceiver by pretending that he would be so transparent as he conned the people to vote for him in 2008 and he has turned out to just be another no good lying, deceiving president, but with a brown face.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is nothing new.

New presidents do what they can to keep the problems of the last administration from becoming theirs.

The thing is that usually becomes more of a problem than it is an answer, as people don't let things happen that way.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The point is Obama, had a responsibility to the Iraqi people.

Except he doesn't, as there is nothing that says the new administration has to fill any responsibility left by the prior administration.

Although that usually doesn't happen. It isn't a rule for becoming president.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Of course we know that happens. So what

That doesn’t make it right.

Along with the fact that this lying politician Obama went around like he was the new messiah and promised to be different.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Of course we know that happens. So what

That doesn’t make it right.

Never said it was, but that is the cold hard facts.

Along with the fact that this lying politician Obama went around like he was the new messiah and promised to be different.

That is how one get's elected...you promise everything when campaigning, but do nothing once elected.

It s been that way for as long as presidential elections have been going on.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

All that’s true.

Therefore I’m holding another cheap, phony politician to account.

For the record

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I am old enough to remember Watergate.
I was naive enough to think politicians would learn something from it.

I guess Nixon was the only one to learn , it is worse to be caught covering up a crime than to point out the guilty.
All it really take's is the "intestinal fortitude" to know right from wrong. By allowing these war crimes,and the list is a long one, to go unanswered is a continuing miscarriage of justice.

However, I remain confident that one day their deeds will catch up to them. Not just those who committed them but also those who continue to cover for them.

new topics

top topics

join