It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenneth Copeland: Ted Cruz Has Been 'Called And Anointed' By God To Be POTUS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Yep, and "God told him to invade Iraq" too......

scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
im not sure why but when politicians talk about their faith and religion it makes me extremely uncomfortable. sometimes it's like they're trying to win support based on who can out "i love jesus" the other.

faith and religion seem so personal and intimate to me, i don't understand why people have to loudly declare their beliefs to others who might have different views.

i have absolutely no issue with religion (as long as it not hurting anyone). but when people have to constantly profess their beliefs for everyone to hear, it just feels off.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thewindwaker

First: Welcome to ATS!!!
Second: Thank you for voicing your very legitimate concern.

sometimes it's like they're trying to win support based on who can out "i love jesus" the other.

That's exactly what they're doing, trying to win support from other like-minded people.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thewindwaker

I agree. Your personal faith is not relevant, your platform is.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I actually agree. I don't care about the religion of a candidate so long as it does not conflict with the constitution, it can't be a political religion in other words. I would vote for an atheist if I thought he would be better for the country.

That said, I am a Christian and I don't like it when people pander. It does bother me as I feel like they are treating me like an idiot. I like Trump, but it bothered me when he started saying he was Christian. He isn't, although I am sure he might actually think he is not having experience with the Christian faith and people who follow Christ.

I would personally rather not talk too much about faith, although when they talk about faith you can get a grip on what kind of president they would make, Cruz claims belief but doesn't act Christian even after being raised as a Christian, Trump claims Christianity but doesn't have a clue about it - I never gave Rubio enough consideration because of policy to ever much hear about his faith, but he seems much like Cruz.

In this I know that Cruz is a hypocrite, and if a hypocrite in faith, you are more likely to be a hypocrite all the way around. Trump is excusable in my book since he doesn't know better but I prefer him not pander to me, I am more intelligent than that and to me that was a bit of an insult to my own intelligence, but again, at least in his ignorance of the topic and the way he plays media, an excusable thing.

So, faith does speak about the person more sometimes than just policy. But in general, it is not as necessary either, and amounts to treating me like I am just a dumb hick who will vote for someone who says what they think I want to hear. Anyone can say anything, and it means nothing. I can say I am the easter bunny, and it means nothing. Its character which is important, and that is what most forget.

As far as a Christian saying their faith, it is no different than an atheist stating such - it is just a part of who we are, part of what shapes us and shapes a lot of how we think. So I don't mind stating it, but I don't usually make it the biggest issue, unless the issue is belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
That said, I am a Christian and I don't like it when people pander.

Except that they almost all do it and on both sides of the spectrum.

You even had Trump trying to out Jesus Cruz. If Presidential hopeful Camacho Dorito is doing it then you know it is bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As I said:

Trump is excusable in my book since he doesn't know better but I prefer him not pander to me, I am more intelligent than that and to me that was a bit of an insult to my own intelligence, but again, at least in his ignorance of the topic and the way he plays media, an excusable thing.

But yeah, I was rolling my eyes the whole time when Trump tried the whole lets out Jesus Cruz thing. It was sickening really. I have yet to figure out how people even fall for it in the first place. Like with Cruz, biggest hypocrite ever, but maybe that is just because so many Christians are hypocrites that so many seem to relate to him.

edit on 7-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
I have yet to figure out how people even fall for it in the first place.

People want to be fooled. Critical thinking is too hard.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They must be preaching that crap in churches here in the south, my crazy churchy neighbor lady said the same thing. I bet her my car Trump will stomp Cruz, she got mad at me. She is crazy if she thinks Cruz will beat Trump in South Carolina or really anywhere else (that isn't infected by religion like Iowa).

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

On the republican side Trump is honestly the best we have. A lot of republicans here where I am seem to be either for Carson or Trump, I have yet to meet anyone in person who likes Cruz or Rubio. I like Carsons platform, but he is too quiet not really presidential material in my opinion, and since I don't want Cruz or Rubio when we go to vote in the primaries I am voting Trump.

We have been talking about who we will vote for if Cruz gets the nomination. Some are saying if its either Cruz or Rubio we ought to either vote for Sanders or just not vote cause both of them (Cruz and Rubio) are bad news.
edit on 7-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Rubio seems like an arrogant, obnoxious brat to me, so even if I was a Republican I wouldn't want him, though he's probably better than Cruz.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Kenneth Copeland Declares That Ted Cruz Has Been 'Called And Anointed' By God To Be The Next President

Whoa. Guys - this is from earlier today....
Rafael says Ted "spent six months in prayer"

it was his wife Heidi who interpreted the event...........that he was called by God to be the president........

Ted said, "Here I am, Lord".........
and that's when God annointed him......

Well we just had 8 years of the Antichrist, so this looks much better...hehe

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Democrats can hardly contain there glee as the Republicans destroys themselves with infighting and now this....

This type of theocratic BS taints the whole field of candidates.

What I find astonishing is that the GOP seems to have forgotten the last time they pulled this crap....They Lost...I'm beginning to think they are comfortable being losers.

edit on 7-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yep, and "God told him to invade Iraq" too......

scary stuff.

The, I take it, you think GOD is a neo-con.

( just a snarky comment. Surely you don't believe such.)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You're right, I don't. Thanks for qualifying that your post is snarky.

"God" has nothing to do with any of this.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It is Satan who is a neo-con.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I"m kind of liberal leaning, but I hate what I see happening to the republican party. I mean there's such a thing as being too liberal, and the best thing to do when the gov't gets too liberal is to vote in a moderate republican. but well.... while they are accusing obama of being the antichrist I see these ultra right wing "I'm christ, vote for me, I'll make God's law our law.." as being the hands that will rise up something so similar to that vision of antichrist you might as well call it antichrist.

hopefully something will rise out of the ashes of what was once the republican party that I at least respected that holds is worth voting for.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

hopefully something will rise out of the ashes of what was once the republican party that I at least respected that holds is worth voting for.

What has risen from the GOP ashes is Donald Trump. I hope he does get the nomination and get his ass kicked.

Sanders will make him look like more of a fool than he already is.

Still best damn show in town, but with out Palin; it just doesn't have the spark she brought.

Third Party time....perhaps the Republican can take the ashes and mold them into something credible......nah!!

edit on 7-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

he does seem like the best choice, my second choice on the republican side believe or not would be bush...
like I said, I think I can be certain what to expect from him...
but I ain't touching the religious fanatics with a ten foot pole! any of them would cause to vote for clinton, whereas, trump or bush, either vote for them over clinton or just do what I have been doing and refuse to vote because well, they are all putting much value in truth in their campaings... and that is one thing that I do value.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

he does seem like the best choice, my second choice on the republican side believe or not would be bush...
like I said, I think I can be certain what to expect from him...
but I ain't touching the religious fanatics with a ten foot pole! any of them would cause to vote for clinton, whereas, trump or bush, either vote for them over clinton or just do what I have been doing and refuse to vote because well, they are all putting much value in truth in their campaings... and that is one thing that I do value.

I'm afraid that Jeb! is probably going to pull out after South Carolina. He's cratered in the polls and the 'please clap' moment didn't help. It's a shame - he's a hell of a lot smarter than his idiot elder brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join