It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the moderates gone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

I have no idea what you base your assumptions on but to think that Conservatives are less activist on the whole, seems very silly to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: dismanrc

I have no idea what you base your assumptions on but to think that Conservatives are less activist on the whole, seems very silly to me.

So how many conservative protest have you seen in the last 2 years?
How many liberal ones?

How many conservative partitions have you seen? How many Liberal?

Yes there are some conservative activist and the one that there are can be very loud indeed. Many of them tend to focus on church related issues, 2nd Amendment or abortion for the most part. The number of liberal protest and demonstrations far out number the conservative one. When was the last conservative marh you saw?

The very idea of being a liberial is to be an activist. Why are you a liberal? Because you have some cause you want to promote. Why are we conservative? Because for the most part we want to live our lives and be left alone. I don't CARE about gay marriage, or Global Warming, or most the other issues liberals scream about. I don't care if your gay, great have fun, just be respectful. I don't grope my wife in public so don't you do that with your friend. I read the GW papers and think the science in very weak, you want to believe great, don't mess up my life because of your cause. The list goes on.

As I said we are seeing a rise in the conservative "activism" in the last couple years because many of us have reached the point where the Liberal "causes" are impacting on our "leave me alone" space and we are getting tired of it. I don't think we have truly seen conservative "activism" yet. The last time we truly saw conservative "activism" was in 1776. Hopefully we can swing this back with out going that far.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: muse7

Moderates died because it is really easy to whine about things on the internet, and the complacent don't have anything to whine about.

Actually, moderates are generally working the hardest... as we are in an extreme US and THEM situation due to pollution of parties with extremist ideologies that have no other political representation. While it may appear on the surface that a moderate wouldn't be concerned either way? We're not extremists so tipping far right or far left is something we see as bringing a lot of disruption to society that is not entirely peaceful as it agitates many issues... through corrupted political parties; we have CofCC influence to the rights ideologies and communist to the lefts ideology... where most just divide us into liberal or conservative when those two words mean and represent a lot of different things and ideologies to people.

I'm fiscally conservative but do I want to use that word as a political identifier? Not really because of it's ties to white supremacy.
edit on 9-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join