It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrup releases a 6th Gen teaser

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The UAV in the beginning, wings seem too short to be a -180 no?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

The X-47 is definitely interesting and shows up at least 3 times in the video but something tells me thats not what we should be looking for.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I guess Northrup has finally perfected the flying wing design. From the little knowledge I have I know they poured a lot of money into the B-2 to make it stable.

I saw the flying wing drone in the video too.

The 7th Gen they are working on is probably a triangle.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah, I figured the 180 would be the probable culprit Zaph and Samm were hinting at, but I'm not seeing anything that would fit my idea of that bird.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I gotta say, if their 6th gen concept was wider it would look quite close to the Amarillo sighting.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That was the bomber.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes we see a plane over the 3 fighter at 0.16 mn ? LRS-B ?
edit on 6-2-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Would a GAU 8-A2 fit on it?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Computer screen on right hand side at 5 sec,above the sixth gen fighters at 16 sec and on the left hand side of the carrier at the end?
edit on 7-2-2016 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I like that they finally acknowledged another platform.

The planform of "another" is so so so unbelievably cool, that I just can't even

It's like what you would get if you combined a 14-year old + a gallon of Monster energy drink + SolidWorks

I'm so glad that we get videos like these.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: betweenprojects
Where you see the planform of " another " in the video ?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

My guess is that Texas/The LRS-B uses an evolution/modification of the cranked kite planform that is reminiscent of yet distinctly different from the X-47's shape.

Just as they probably scaled up and stretched the X-47's wingspan to get the RQ-180, I would not be surprised if they're teasing the LRS-B's shape without actually showing it, by showing a "fighter concept" with an elongated (for higher mach numbers) version of the same exact new shape that the Bomber will have.

I'd also imagine that the hidden craft at the end is again the LRS-B. I'll bet they're itching to show it and are growing tired of the bid challenge business. I can only imagine what the rollout will do for their stock price.
edit on 7-2-2016 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

The best part is that if they build it where they say they are, I won't have any trouble getting there, or getting close.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So Florida's not happening?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

From the article I read the other day, nope.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's like what you would get if you combined a 14-year old + a gallon of Monster energy drink + SolidWorks

It looks like a fighter,well an interceptor at least unless it has morphing wings,variable moving exhaust and other tricks.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hello ATS, long time listener first time caller.

So at the 17 second mark in the commercial the voice over says "Only it's not the future, it's the present" & the camera comes off the fast movers on to a slower platform. It sort of looks like the X-47B but the wings are different, longer. Is this the RQ-180?

Other than the 6th Gen concept do we see anything here that's not real world yet?

I'll hang up & listen, big fan of the show.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

It looks like it's the UCLASS version of the X-47. It matches the X-47 in many ways, but differs from them in others.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The shape of the fighter look a little like the Texas sighting with more elongated shape , I think like you Barnably.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So will the LRS-B have any sort of optical stealth? Presumably we want these things to be able to fly in clear skies and broad daylight. Not sure if that vid is a hint towards it or not.
edit on 8-2-2016 by quatro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join