It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Lobbyist Pressuring the US Gov’t to Disclose Extraterrestrial Activity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: Sargeras

This is the truth if it, it isn't some giant conspiracy with the government colluding with aliens. They come, they do as they will, they leave. End of story.

Ding, ding, ding, WE HAVE A WINNER !!
Give that man a cigar.

And did you know the word "gullible' is not in the dictionary?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My father and I share the belief that they exist, however, where we differ in belief is whether they are visiting us.

This divergence comes from experience, so i cant blame him for being skeptical because he hasnt seen em.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am inclined to believe, that ancient knowledge has been passed down, and TPB realize we were a slave race to them. If we are too believe this ancient knowledge, then every few thousand years or so they come back. Since they had us as slaves, then we know they are evil, so the only real course of action would be to arm the planet with weapons of war to try to at least see if we can survive their arrival this time. Which would explain the constant dividing of the human race through wars and religion. Without all the division then it would be harder to get money to create these weapons of war.
Somewhere along the line I think the human race got a little help which gave us just enough of a bump to help us advance in technology to even have a fighting chance.

Of course I am just theorycrafting here,

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

There is known e.t. contact. Where've you been?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And did you know the word "gullible' is not in the dictionary?

Aaaw, man. I'm not gullible, I've seen that sh!t.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
If (big "IF") alien visitation is real, and if TPTB of the world are in contact with these aliens, then obviously the aliens themselves DO NOT want disclosure, or else they would simply disclose themselves to us (and in an unambiguous manner) -- TPTB be damned.

If the existence of alien visitation is being hidden from us, then the aliens themselves are in deliberate collaboration with the governments/TPTB to do so.

If you research ufology enough the truly unknown cases of UFO's concludes with we don't know who the occupants are. Therefore if the occupants are ET's then we don't know anything about them. That could be one reason there is no disclosure because we really don't have anything to disclose.

I for one think it's a very strong chance grey aliens are real...the Astronaut Man at the Nazca Lines just screams grey alien. There are way too many similar encounter tails, myself included. Also ET's similar to humans could be a strong possibility too.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
if stories of abduction are true ... You dont think that would cause a massive panic if disclosed ?

I personally never see it happening.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Logic tells me that if this conspiracy is true, then the only reason the heads of state haven't disclosed is under threat of death. Politics is such a fickle friend that I would think this "breaking news" would have been leaked long ago (with proof) if only to undermine political opponents.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The government isn't paranoid this great secret will be exposed from a rogue faction of this same alien species visiting at some point?

The existence of one alien species not only would confirm the evolution of high intelligence isn't as rare as it's proven to be on Earth, but also that light year space travel is possible. That creates the opportunity for other alien species visiting that may have a different directive than this apparently nice compliant one does. Our lives could be snuffed out by a species looking for a planet to inhabit.

It seems the government would take seriously and be concerned of every UFO sighting or alien abduction story. Every reported UFO sighting on MUFON for example, becomes a potential threat to our lives and would be taken seriously and investigated.

I understand believer/supporters of the UFO phenomenon need to create reasoning for the lack of concrete evidence, but I find the government UFO conspiracies and cover ups a weak part of the explanation. It's only another part of the phenomena surrounded by stories and unfounded "facts." Anything can be used as an excuse if you don't require solid evidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
If (big "IF") alien visitation is real, and if TPTB of the world are in contact with these aliens, then obviously the aliens themselves DO NOT want disclosure, or else they would simply disclose themselves to us (and in an unambiguous manner) -- TPTB be damned.

If the existence of alien visitation is being hidden from us, then the aliens themselves are in deliberate collaboration with the governments/TPTB to do so.

Or......visitation is real with zero contact with any worldly government, if that's the case disclosure for the US government would not only make them look stupid but also weak.
I think it's more likely visitation might be real, but no one knows why it's happening and have never successfully made contact after decades of failed attempts.

That's not the kind of thing a Superpower would admit.....you know, egos and all that.

edit on 6-2-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Great insights all.

Some mixed opinions on the morality and ethics of any potential e.t. races. Im inclined to believe that just like humanity, youve got a spectrum of perceptible good, bad, and ugly.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

There is known e.t. contact. Where've you been?

Really when and where was that? And why is Bassett asking for disclosure if it's already known?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You know very well why.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

It seems the government would take seriously and be concerned of every UFO sighting or alien abduction story. Every reported UFO sighting on MUFON for example, becomes a potential threat to our lives and would be taken seriously and investigated.

A custom virus/disease could easily wipe us out in no time. If there are aliens visiting, hopefully the govt realizes we really are completely at their mercy, like fighting back with sticks against cruise missiles.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Only nine months to disclosure then?
The aliens that brought that technology must be pissed we're not buying up their export products. Imagine going all that way then ...nothing. Who ever backed the trip is really upset. They planned on using the profits for their retirement.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

If they exist we are most likely defenseless against them. But if they exist and are a threat why haven't they made their move yet?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

This is Little Red Wagon Theory 101.

The CONFUSION and the INABILITY TO PROVE ANYTHING

IS

The entire point.

It's one of a variety of control loops.

It's the carrot in front of the donkey.

It's also a Chinese Finger Trap.

Even if you figure out that the supposed "content" doesn't matter..
(UFOs, Sasquatch, Jesus, whatever 100% unprovable thing)..

if you tie yourself into knots looking for the "source of the conspiracy"

you go roundy roundy and the Chinese Finger Trap tightens all the more.

If you buy into the BS you lose.

If you DON'T buy into the BS but then spaz about finding the "source of the control loop"
you lose.

So don't lose.

("Doctor, Doctor it hurts when I do this..")

I understand that it's impossible not to be curious.

Kevin

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

You know very well why.

The problem is that "disclosure" is a totally different concept to many people. It ranges from there is "nothing to disclose" (the current position) through "well we know there is something but not what exactly we are dealing with" to "Yep, there are aliens and every government in the world knew about it for over 50 years".

Whatever the truth may be, it's disclosure will simply not be acceptable to large groups of people.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Then they best get over it pretty quick cuz disclosure of ALL is knocking on the door.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nothing? They haven't attacked yet have they? Those government guys must be doing one hellova good job protecting us because here we are unmolested by outsiders.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join