It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider in salad mix (vid)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just had a packaged salad for breakfast. And of course I had to find this right after. Ulp!

I once ordered a "market fresh" sandwich from Arby's and it had some little green caterpillars crawling around the lettuce. Fresh indeed!

I also freaked out the first time I discovered rice weevils.

But this just makes me nauseous. Anybody else ever find unwelcome critters in their groceries or served meals?

edit on 5-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I would take your living critter as a sign of fresh and natural veggies, as opposed to radiated or rinsed with some chemical that would have you finding dead spiders and the like.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've read that packaged fruits and vegetables - and packaged salad in particular - is among the dirtiest things you can buy from a supermarket. When they get washed they are sprayed down by a machine and it is not a thorough cleaning at all. You are better off buying whole produce and washing it yourself.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Im not a huge fan of spiders; why I live in a cooler climate. That thing is a monster tho, not just a spider! I think I would likely have nightmares for weeks and probably never buy bagged salad ever again (not that I do now). Sh*t, I still might have nightmares!
I found some wormy guys in the bottom of a box of a name brand healthy cereal. I called, told them, and they just sent me coupons for free cereal. I don't think I bought the same cereal tho!
But with the atrocities that take place in our food industry...the slaughter of innocents on a scale so massive, meat borne pathogens and irradiation, I think there's bigger things to worry about than that terrifying spider, not to stray the convo.
Still, I got the heebie geebies and an image burned into my memory, which will resurface each time I glace at a bag of salad...thanks! ...not

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I once ordered a "market fresh" sandwich from Arby's and it had some little green caterpillars crawling around the lettuce. Fresh indeed!

You must have ordered from their 'organic' menu

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My first full time job was with Supermarkets General and this one instance at the home store I worked at we had a bunch of bananas come in with a live Banana Spider which really freaked out the produce department since they are somewhat venomous.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

True. I usually let any fruits or veggies soak in some water with a bit of vinegar to clean it.

Pre-mixed salads are just cheaper and more convenient than buying a couple whole heads of lettuce/ cabbages.

edit on 5-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am just so disturbed by big spiders. Never heard of a banana spider until your post.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

what a bargain! salad AND protein!

I hope he was dead. that's a wall hangar.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yeah, since that time I have lit bananas on fire prior to consuming them.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

G,day mate
i gather this is the pack from the fresh food people
you now get meat and salad packed to go
its aussie what could go wrong
we have spiders that kill birds
and birds that kill people

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He won't eat much. I've bought packaged salad that had a large green tree frog in it. Didn't stop me from eating it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

You must have ordered from their 'organic' menu

I am betting they themselves put them there to preempt anyone complaining it's 'not fresh enough!'

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've bought packaged salad that had a large green tree frog in it. Didn't stop me from eating it.

The frog or the salad?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've bought packaged salad that had a large green tree frog in it. Didn't stop me from eating it.

The frog or the salad?
Fed the frog to my dog. It was dead but still fresh. No waste.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Had some kind of maggot hiding in a Funyun (flavoured onion crisps)once.

I swore off funyuns for almost 10 years until i had kids. LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I happen to like spiders (I KNOW...weird!)
So, I suppose I might would have a new pet AND bonus,

he brings his own food..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I just had a packaged salad for breakfast. And of course I had to find this right after. Ulp!

I also freaked out the first time I discovered rice weevils.

But this just makes me nauseous. Anybody else ever find unwelcome critters in their groceries or served meals?

Perhaps she'll die !!! Oo

I didnt see the spider. but I buy those things all the time

think I'll stick to the bugs in my celery

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeeReeS
That thing is a monster tho

Nahhh
That thing is pretty small compared to what we can get sitting on our walls or quickly scurrying across our floors.

Click me! Double dare you!

Still, would hate to see it in a veggie bag *shudder*. I buy those often for the ease.

Edit to add:
And apparently this was in the news, haha. Sydney woman allegedly finds a large spider trapped in her Woolworths Italian salad mix
edit on 5 2 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
nvmd

edit on 5-2-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join