It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there no "Post Complaint" button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I know there's a thread complaint button, however, I can't seem to find one specifically for posts. Am I blind or is there no button that exists?

If ever there is a particular member who seems to be going off-topic excessively within a particular thread, I've been using the Thread Complaint button and titling it differently.

Is there a better way?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Below avatar, there's this little humanoid thing, click it and chose alert...

If thats what you meant

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I know there's a thread complaint button, however, I can't seem to find one specifically for posts. Am I blind or is there no button that exists?

If ever there is a particular member who seems to be going off-topic excessively within a particular thread, I've been using the Thread Complaint button and titling it differently.

Is there a better way?

Cry-baby! ;-)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Press the little green guy under the stats and then click Alert, that's if it isn't what you've already been doing. Ultimately it's up to the Mods to decide whether the posts are off topic or not.

edit on 5-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: Too harsh,Too early

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Nah, you were right on.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

*ahem*

LOL!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Below avatar, there's this little humanoid thing, click it and chose alert...

If thats what you meant

Yup, that's it. Thanks. Oddly hidden

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's not hidden.

It's been there for a goodly amount of time, and people are still using the thing. I think an awful lot comes down to knowing what to do when you have a problem. First thing to do, is to is to search ATS for a Board Business and Questions thread that covers your query. Second, assuming that there are no related threads, is to go into the "members" list, and search for the name of a moderator, get in touch with them through U2U, and ask your question.

Now, a hidden button would be one which is contained in the period at the end of an obscure thread title relating to the assassination of JFK, by hyper capitalist aliens from Trumps home planet, to make way for the coming of the skull ferrets.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Actually, asking the question here will probably get a quicker response (and maybe a better one) than randomly selecting a mod to message.

Whatever works.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
More information on alerts can be found here: How To Properly Alert Posts and Threads

Never any harm in asking, and when something is amiss, we always appreciate hearing about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Actually f you click this: www.abovetopsecret.com... and scroll down just a smidgen you'll see a list of the staffers' names broken up by "SuperMods" and Moderators... Cicking on anyon'es name will automatically bring up a new PM addressed to them from you (assuming you have a mainstream browser of course). You can also scrool all the way down to the bottom of that page and see a list of all members online within the last 15 minutes (or so), staffer's usernames are in bold, that will tell which of the mods are likely to be online when you send your PM.

That said, your way works too.

new topics

top topics

join