It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Once again, let me remind you: you may be telling members who have been raped and abused that they are acting irresponsibly.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yes ALL men are vicious rape machines just waiting for our next victim. Get real. Once again your focusing on the minority as opposed to the majority.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Have you no compassion whatsoever?

Yes, I am greatly saddened by the lack of compassion I have seen here. Imagine what a hell hole our country would be if any of them were in charge of things? People dying in the streets, people being rounded up and put into concentration camps because they weren't the right religion, or they didn't use contraception properly, children wandering around with no clothes and distended bellies due to starvation. Scary thought. Thank God (or whomever) that they are not in charge.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

hey don't turn women away from getting those same free condoms and I'm pretty sure it'll work just as well if it was in a woman purse or a mans desk drawer. Last I checked a condom doesn't care who it's owner is.

Condoms, last time I checked, are protection for men. Are you suggesting that women should place the responsibility of NOT get getting pregnant on the man and his condom?

edit on 5-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Damn so I guess since bad things happen to everyone, we shouldn't discuss anything right...so as to not be offensive?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess if you don't see condoms as effective contraception than I could see how you would feel that way. The responsibility is 50/50, for probably the 4th time.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

WOW

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The responsibility is 50/50, for probably the 4th time.

This thread is about the State of Texas cutting funding that allowed poor women to access birth control You're suggesting, that's okay, and that poor women can abrogate their personal responsibility of being in control of their own bodies and place the burden on their partner's condom.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: kaylaluv

WOW

Yeah, that was exactly my response to someone else's post on this thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
married women rely on planned parenthood for their birth control also. and, well, about a year ago, there was a thread right here on ATS asking about weather people thought that refusing sex to one's spouse should be grounds for divorce.
did ya know that in some states, it is considered to be a very valid grounds for divorce.
so, yes, there are many who would find it very unacceptable if their wives decided that she had the perfect sized family and well, ended the sexual relations. Married women with kids, who are probably relying on their husbands for most of the families support who aren't gonna be too anxious to send them away for 20 years for rape!!! that's if they were even taken seriously enough to have a da prosecute the guy!
so let's get real. I'll tell ya right now, I am part of that minority hopefully without having to say that much else about it.
I'll just by pass it. like I said condoms is one of the lest effective methods of birth control. The hormonal methods that have been developed for women are much more effective. here, this would be something for the males that would match their effectiveness...

www.bimek.com...

so, would you be willing to use one??? or are you just happy to continue to place the responsiblity on the women and portray them as irresponsible whores who just can't keep their legs together?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: SlapMonkey

these condoms that you are speaking of, are they made for the man to use, or the women? The man??? oh, so who is being the irresponsible one here???
condoms are one of the least effective methods of birth control!!!

If a woman is sexually active and not on a long-term birth control, it's her responsibility as much as the man's to have a condom at the ready. Do you disagree? If so, I might argue that you may be the one being irresponsible, here.

Maybe condoms are one of the least effective methods of birth control"!!!" (we'll compare in a bit), but at least they are visible to the man and the woman and they don't just have to take someone's word for it that they're being protected. But if you're trying to argue against the efficacy of condoms...

Do condoms break and slip off frequently?

No. When used consistently and correctly, condoms are 98% effective in preventing pregnancy and are the only form of birth control that also can prevent STIs.

Are condom user errors common?

Yes. Most errors are, in fact, user errors. Some mistakes couples make include placing the condom upside down and then turning it over (29.1%), taking condom off too soon (28.4%), putting the condom on too late (19.7%), opening the package with a sharp object (10%) and using an oil-based lubricant (6.5%). Of course, the most frequent mistake is not using a condom at all.

Emphasis mine.

Are condoms effective at preventing sexually transmitted infections?

Yes. Condoms have been proven to provide protection against sexually transmitted infections (STIs). In fact, condoms are the only contraceptive method that also provides STI protection. Condoms provide different levels of risk reduction for different STIs because infections are spread differently—some are spread by contact with bodily fluids while others are spread by skin to skin contact.

Do condoms provide protection against HIV?

Yes. Long-term studies involving couples where one partner is HIV-positive and the other is not (called serodiscordant couples) allow researchers to estimate the incidence of transmission among condom users and nonusers. Studies of these couples have found that consistent condom use reduces the risk of HIV transmission by between 80 and 94%.

factsaboutcondoms.com

I mean, really, one must be willfully ignorant to try and discourage the use and efficacy of condoms.

And here's how the 98% efficacy rate of properly used condoms compares to other properly used birth-control methods:

WebMD

Please note that on this list of 18 non-surgical ways of birth control, the male condom came in at number nine on the list. So, your claim that the condom is the least-effective birth control method is absolutely false.

So, I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say with your comment, other than try to make me seem ignorant to birth-control methods, but your comment is relatively uninformed. I hope what I provided helps in that.

Next time, don't try and make it seem like it's only the man's responsibility to have a condom--it takes two to tango, and I don't care what birth control a woman claims to be on, unless a man is actively trying to create a child, he should wear a condom, and the woman should ensure that happens. There are too many other things against which female birth control does not protect.

edit on 5-2-2016 by SlapMonkey because: formatting and clarification

edit on 5-2-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Nah they should place the burden on their own condoms.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sounds like you don't have a very good grasp of female anatomy and biology.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DJW001

Have you no compassion whatsoever?

Yes, I am greatly saddened by the lack of compassion I have seen here. Imagine what a hell hole our country would be if any of them were in charge of things? People dying in the streets, people being rounded up and put into concentration camps because they weren't the right religion, or they didn't use contraception properly, children wandering around with no clothes and distended bellies due to starvation. Scary thought. Thank God (or whomever) that they are not in charge.

So when the argument for individual responsibility fails, turn to emotions and compassion.

Sorry, but you won't be "shaming" or "guilting" anyone into saying that people should be free from responsibility.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If they are relying on "their man" for all their family support then wouldn't the man also be willing to support her birth control needs (that is if she wishes to continue having sex).

As for a married woman not wanting to have sex with her husband, yeah they should get divorced, if you have no sexual desire towards your significant other than you are robbing them of the ability to experience sex as they probably still want to and in my mind I would leave a woman for that.

Also that device is a mechanical piece of hardware that I would never pay to have put into my body. If a woman wishes to have an implant with hormonal release and all that then super. She should go pay for it just like I'd have to pay to have that piston inserted into my body.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Bennyzilla because: typos

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Sounds like you don't have a very good grasp on personal responsibility

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Condoms, last time I checked, are protection for men. Are you suggesting that women should place the responsibility of NOT get getting pregnant on the man and his condom?

No, and this comment was either derived from ignorance or ideological malice.

Please see my comment as to why both women and men should carry a male condom (it's quite a bit more effective than a female condom).

Have you ever heard of a female condom? It's a thing, and it's a condom that is protection for the woman. In fact, male condoms are protection for both, unless you don't fully understand how they work.

The bottom line is that both men and women have relatively easy access to condoms, whether free or otherwise. Taking away funding for PP is not the end of the world that people are pretending it to be--people who might say that condoms only protect men, for instance.

ETA: Again, definitely read my post and learn something, especially after seeing your subsequent postings.
edit on 5-2-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Damn so I guess since bad things happen to everyone, we shouldn't discuss anything right...so as to not be offensive?

All you are doing is demonstrating your lack of compassion. That's your problem and no-one else's. I posted statistics; why don't you discuss those instead of passing judgement on people you don't know?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

How is taking away access to affordable birth control from poor women allowing them personal responsibility?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The ever so famous appeal to emotions, the dying gasp of any failed argument.

I am shamed, guilt ridden, and a little afraid - mission accomplished my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join