It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Shouldn't ALL the responsibility rest with the parents?

And what happens to the children when the parents can't or won't accept the responsibility?

Why should that be MY responsibility?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And what happens to the children when the parents can't or won't accept the responsibility?

Because they will steal your hubcaps if they don't get educated enough to hold a job.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

will the taxpayer end up paying for people's chloresterol medication after they eat themselves half to death?
either drop all of it, or quit making judgements as to who is worthy and who isn't! That is what I am saying.
Married couples use contraception also, they would rather have their children spaced further apart, it's easier to raise children that way, it gives them a better headstart on live, and it's easier on the pocketbook.
and or all the griping about how irresponsible they are, how they shouldn't be having sex, well, I can point you to many in the religious community who feel that sexual relations in a marriage is a very important component. I can also point to to some groups that feel that every danged decision that is made in that marriage, well,. the husband should have the final say. so in essence they attempt to convince women that they don't have a god given right to say no!

I don't care what people eat or what people do in their bed rooms.

I just think they should be responsible for their actions.

After that?

It's none of my business what anyone does.

link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Because they will steal your hubcaps if they don't get educated enough to hold a job.

So is this a threat?

Pay up or you'll get robbed?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What makes you think it is a matter of choice? Many women are in relationships that make them little better than sex slaves, others are the victims of molestation by family members. Direct your moral outrage where it belongs, please.

Ha...I knew that someone would bring up the minority of instances and pretend that represents the majority of the problem.

I can't remember which logical fallacy that technically falls under; probably more than one.

My outrage isn't based on morality, it's based on rationale. It really is not the fault of the collective individual if a single individual makes ignorant sexual decisions. That's pretty sound reasoning. Show me where morality has a play in that...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question. But I'm guessing your real answer is that you don't care about children who suffer and you would rather them suffer than you having to do anything. Got it. Let's hope you never need help from anyone at any time in your life, because Karma is a bitch.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They don't turn women away from getting those same free condoms and I'm pretty sure it'll work just as well if it was in a woman purse or a mans desk drawer. Last I checked a condom doesn't care who it's owner is.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question. But I'm guessing your real answer is that you don't care about children who suffer and you would rather them suffer than you having to do anything. Got it. Let's hope you never need help from anyone at any time in your life, because Karma is a bitch.

If you care, then YOU do something. Don't force me to. I'm concerned with MY family. I take MY responsibilities seriously.

You go be pious with someone else and their money.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

They don't turn women away from getting those same free condoms and I'm pretty sure it'll work just as well if it was in a woman purse or a mans desk drawer. Last I checked a condom doesn't care who it's owner is.

As has been explained, condoms require the cooperation of the male.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ha...I knew that someone would bring up the minority of instances and pretend that represents the majority of the problem.

First, do you have some statistics that show that only the minority of unwelcome pregnancies are from abusive relationships, rape, or incest?

Secondly, does it really matter what the percentage is if anyone has to suffer? Have you no compassion whatsoever?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No means no, remember?

Unless rape is involved, the woman is the final decision maker. If a guy says he doesn't want to use a condom, then the woman's responsibility is to say no. She is the one who is ultimately going to be stuck with the kid and therefore has a bigger responsibility in the decision.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

but in the end it's the male organ that it is placed on right???
if I want a hat on your head, am I justified to just walk up to you on the street corner and place it on your head?
can't I force you to keep it there?
so what you are basically saying it that you are okay with only men having the option of being responsible in a sexual relationship, if women want to they had better be willing to pay for it, or go without the relationship!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So is this a threat?

Nope. If you believe that "everyone for themselves and devil take the hindmost" is an admirable philosophy, you should consider thieves to be entrepreneurs working their way out of poverty.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

No means no, remember?

Unless rape is involved, the woman is the final decision maker. If a guy says he doesn't want to use a condom, then the woman's responsibility is to say no. She is the one who is ultimately going to be stuck with the kid and therefore has a bigger responsibility in the decision.

And if she already has a kid and depends on the man for support? Sometimes "yes" means "no."

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So is this a threat?

Nope. If you believe that "everyone for themselves and devil take the hindmost" is an admirable philosophy, you should consider thieves to be entrepreneurs working their way out of poverty.

That might work within the halls of congress and in your neighborhood, but people tend to get shot being that kind of "entrepreneur" where I live.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why are you in a situation where you're about to have sex with a male who is so "uncooperative" that he refuses to wear a condom but still thinks that night ends with him having sex? You're making it seem like all men have to be forced into condom usage like it's some kind of punishment.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

Why are you in a situation where you're about to have sex with a male who is so "uncooperative" that he refuses to wear a condom but still thinks that night ends with him having sex? You're making it seem like all men have to be forced into condom usage like it's some kind of punishment.

Rent " A Streetcar Named Desire" and maybe you'll start to get the picture.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

why is it that some men think that that marriage certificate means sex on demand? and well, once kids come into the picture, can become much more demanding psychologically.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nope not what I said at all and your analogy is really off point as putting a hat on my head is in no way as intimate or personal as putting on a condom.

I never said it's all the males responsibility, where did you get that, please quote. it's 50/50 but the availability of contraception for free is there for both men and women.

As for men removing condoms during sex....what do you want from me here. You're creating all these intimate situations that have many answers. If this dude is going to take off a condom while having sex after you have implied that you want him to use a condom then he is a POS and you should't be messing around with him.

Condoms don't explode when women touch them. If a man doesn't want to wear a condom then don't have sex with him. If he forces you thats a crime and you can put him in jail for 20 years and on a list for the rest of his life.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

What are you even responding to here. Idk what this references in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join