It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DJW001

Planning a family should be an individual thing, not something that the government should be involved in.

family planning is also a vital part of healthcare, since like I already pointed out, having children spaced too closely together can cause health problems. the gov't has seen fit to become involved with healthcare for a long time, haven't they?

Healthcare isn't a right.

It is a commodity that should be purchased.

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yes, it sounds harsh, but so does the collective voice of those who try to guilt people who into funding PP because of the personal sexual choices of some individuals.

What makes you think it is a matter of choice? Many women are in relationships that make them little better than sex slaves, others are the victims of molestation by family members. Direct your moral outrage where it belongs, please.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The lack of personal responsibility of some of these people is astounding. I'm supposed to pay for people medical services who can't either keep their legs closed or are too cheap to go buy condoms. I am no prude and certainly screwed my way through my teenage years, but I had enough sense to know you need to use protection. I always wore a condom. They were plenty cheap. Anyone can afford them, even broke hood rats.

The reality is that there is a segment of our population that is simply irresponsible who want to go "raw dog" and then expect others to pay for their mistakes.

Yep.

But you forgot the reality that condoms are available discounted or free at many clinics, hospitals, schools, and health departments across the country, not to mention other organizations with a focus on "family planning" who are not PP.

I'm with you--there is very-little-to-no excuse for the vast majority of unwanted pregnancies. And this is coming from a guy whose sister got pregnant at age 16 and had an abortion way back in the 90s. She would agree with that comment.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
no risk of having your kids get taken away because you ate a poppy bagel, no need to fear you might fall down the stairs and end up in jail with an attempted manslaughter charge, or whatever charge they come up with. no hit to your earning potential.

and well, if every women actually did this, I am pretty sure we wouldn't be having pro-life wackos chasing elementary school kids on their way home from school down the sidewalks ever again! That pro-life crowd would find themselves with nothing to do and have to focus their energies onto some other issue....
which would probably be demanding that the laws be changed to force women to have sex!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Planning a family should be an individual thing, not something that the government should be involved in.

family planning is also a vital part of healthcare, since like I already pointed out, having children spaced too closely together can cause health problems. the gov't has seen fit to become involved with healthcare for a long time, haven't they?

Try to remember that if you ever get hit by a bus.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It doesn't matter. Healthcare is not a right.

A right is not contingent on others. Government healthcare is contingent on tax payers.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes, yes - It's a shame that everyone isn't as perfect as you and Edumakated. So now that we have established that there are people out there who make mistakes and then are too poor to pay for them, what happens to the babies who through no fault of their own, are brought into this world in poverty? You okay with paying for them if their parents can't? If no, are you okay with them starving to death or being abandoned in a dumpster? You okay with that?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

these condoms that you are speaking of, are they made for the man to use, or the women? The man??? oh, so who is being the irresponsible one here???
condoms are one of the least effective methods of birth control!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You know, if everyone involved wasn't so underhanded, they could easily separate into two(2) entities, or mandate an unrelated one, and solve this mess, by separating the funding. But, they have to attach abortion to everything else, just to get it legal. Everyone knows this, and that is why thes videos were made. a spade is a spade, and this is every shade of black under the sun.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A right is not contingent on others. Government healthcare is contingent on tax payers.

So it doesn't bother you that you could bleed to death in the street because someone mugged you and took your wallet? You would rather die than ask your fellow taxpayers to help you out? Healthcare might not be a right because it is "contingent," but society benefits from providing certain crucial services to its members. At the very least, the doctors should patch you up for free; if you want a single room, you can pay extra.

By helping to provide family planning, the government can reduce the net costs to society in the long run.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SharonGlass
You know, if everyone involved wasn't so underhanded, they could easily separate into two(2) entities, or mandate an unrelated one, and solve this mess, by separating the funding. But, they have to attach abortion to everything else, just to get it legal. Everyone knows this, and that is why thes videos were made. a spade is a spade, and this is every shade of black under the sun.

Actually, they do. Planned Parenthood cannot use government funds to provide abortions, and that's a good thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Okay you are so backwards I feel like I should reverse my text so you can comprehend what I'm saying. So babies are going to be poor, so the correct choice is to just kill them??? Are they horses with broken legs or not perfect teeth?

Also starving to death and being abandoned in a dumpster by their parents is so far removed from my, your, or anyone but the parents responsibility that it hardly registers.

Gothmog and Edumakated aren't saying they are perfect, they just accept the responsibility for their actions.

You can get condoms from clinics for free, I can think of two places I could walk into right now and leave with them for no money. I can think of 3 places in my area that would give a woman birth control for free.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

See if you aren't killing babies then more babies are born.

It's amazing how many posters share your point of view, and see contraception as murder!

Don't say I didn't tell ya all so!

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

So babies are going to be poor, so the correct choice is to just kill them???

No, the correct choice is to prevent them from being conceived in the first place. That is Planned Parenthood's primary mission, and the OP is about what happens when that gets impeded. Also, please try to be civil; this is an emotional subject and abusive language will be reported to the Mods.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

See this is what they will do. They combine contraception and abortion into one class as if they are one and the same. So if your against abortion then you're "coming to take the contraception away"

I am all for contraception. 95% against abortion.

Don't buy into the story that is trying to be sold here.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

can think of 3 places in my area that would give a woman birth control for free.

I would bet dollars to donuts that those clinics get their funding from the same source that Planned Parenthood gets their funds, Title X Family Planning

History of Title X
The Title X Family Planning program was enacted in 1970 as Title X of the Public Health Service Act (Public Law 91-572 Population Research and Voluntary Family Planning Programs). Title X is the only federal grant program dedicated solely to providing individuals with comprehensive family planning and related preventive health services.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

They should get funding for contraceptives, I don't see your point

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, yes - It's a shame that everyone isn't as perfect as you and Edumakated. So now that we have established that there are people out there who make mistakes and then are too poor to pay for them

There is soooooo much wrong with that , I seriously dont know where to begin . I apologize in advance , but you truly need to become better informed on the subject. First did either one of us say we were perfect ? NO. What mistakes do people make they could not avoid (most of the time rather easily) are you speaking of ? Do you even know ? If it is birth control , there are health clinics out there as well as other sources. Stop the sarcasm as that version doesnt work . Our discussion was about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for actions that a person does.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sorry but I think it's pretty abusive language to try to pass off the notion that killing a human to save it from of life of being poor (Oh the Humanity) is socially acceptable.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So it doesn't bother you that you could bleed to death in the street because someone mugged you and took your wallet? You would rather die than ask your fellow taxpayers to help you out? Healthcare might not be a right because it is "contingent," but society benefits from providing certain crucial services to its members. At the very least, the doctors should patch you up for free; if you want a single room, you can pay extra.

By helping to provide family planning, the government can reduce the net costs to society in the long run.

It doesn't matter. Government mandating healthcare requirements and standards are the antithesis to individual freedom.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join