It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Cause you see that's what it is about. The nuts are furious that people are having sex and "my god" ENJOYING it.
One thing about religious nuts be they Muslim or Christian, they can't stand everyone not suffering as they do

Some folk are intelligent enough to use birth control methods . Nothing at all to do with "Christians nor Muslim" nuts. Its the nitwits out there that are not mature enough to realize there are consequences to EVERYTHING you do in life
Ridiculous...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

If I had to choose between death and poverty, I think I'd choose poverty. You can reverse poverty.

Death? Not so easy to accomplish.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I had to choose between death and poverty, I think I'd choose poverty. You can reverse poverty.

Death? Not so easy to accomplish.

That's not the choice; the choice is between planning the growth of your family so that you have sufficient resources to raise your children in a way that will allow them to rise above poverty, or having more children than you can support, so that you fall into the vicious circle of further impoverishment.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Planning a family should be an individual thing, not something that the government should be involved in.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Okay, more like it.

Of course, there has always been opposition to Planned Parenthood from religious Conservatives who are opposed to any form of contraception.

In Texas? Nooo… seizing on the videos to justify their own agenda.

Other 'services provided' by PP are invaluable.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: damwel
Cause you see that's what it is about. The nuts are furious that people are having sex and "my god" ENJOYING it.
One thing about religious nuts be they Muslim or Christian, they can't stand everyone not suffering as they do

Some folk are intelligent enough to use birth control methods . Nothing at all to do with "Christians nor Muslim" nuts. Its the nitwits out there that are not mature enough to realize there are consequences to EVERYTHING you do in life
Ridiculous...

The lack of personal responsibility of some of these people is astounding. I'm supposed to pay for people medical services who can't either keep their legs closed or are too cheap to go buy condoms. I am no prude and certainly screwed my way through my teenage years, but I had enough sense to know you need to use protection. I always wore a condom. They were plenty cheap. Anyone can afford them, even broke hood rats.

The reality is that there is a segment of our population that is simply irresponsible who want to go "raw dog" and then expect others to pay for their mistakes.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Planning a family should be an individual thing, not something that the government should be involved in.

Exactly! That's why Planned Parenthood exists! It needs to be outside of government control. On the other hand, since it is performing a vital function that would otherwise fall to the state-- like roads, fire fighter, etc.-- it is reasonable for the state to provide some assistance rather than hindrances.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Exactly! That's why Planned Parenthood exists! It needs to be outside of government control. On the other hand, since it is performing a vital function that would otherwise fall to the state-- like roads, fire fighter, etc.-- it is reasonable for the state to provide some assistance rather than hindrances.

The state should not be involved. I have no problem with individuals supporting the organization, but the state/feds need to stay out of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

before those videos came out there, they had already diverted the state funding, cutting it off from most of the family planning clinics in the state. It's the results of just that cut that they studied.
Now they are trying like made to cut the federal funding... which mostly consists of medicaid reimbursements for the services they provide to the poor (medicaid does not provide for abortion in most states, unless there is a medical justification of why it's needed.)

one of the justifications that they have used is that planned parenthood has plenty of money and don't need those funds, pointing out the ceo's salary.
well, I believe it was the trinity hospitals that I looked at....they own a multitude of hospitals in a number of states. they get reimbursed for the care they give to poor people also. thier ceo is paid I believe it was over twice of what the ceo of planned parenthood does.
another one that was used was that planned parenthood doesn't provide mammograms.... trinity hospital is run as a religious organizations. because of this they can deny some services to their patients. They can wait around while a non-viable fetus doesn't have a heartbeat and risk infection in the mother. they can refuse to do the tubal litigation (even if you have cancer and it's your doctor who is saying it needs to be done) while delivering a baby by c-section. They don't have to bring up the fact that it would be better to terminate the pregnancy because of complications which would cause most doctors to want to terminate. and yet, they get medicaid reimbursements.
then there's the issue of the money that they use in politics... which, well planned parenthood also gets alot of donations, of which I imagine at least some of that donated money is used for this. okay fine, I would like all the bigwigs out there to stop buying votes in congress. but those big religiously run hospital groups out there are using their excess money to buy out more and more hospitals and now, in some areas of the country one would have to travel over 100 miles to avoid using one!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Teenagers are not known for their high degree of personal responsibility. Likewise, there are many low income women who are in marriages that make them little better than sex slaves. Moral outrage does not change other people's situation; compassionate action does.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

the choice is between planning the growth of your family so that you have sufficient resources to raise your children in a way that will allow them to rise above poverty,

Girls manipulated into sex at young age by pushy boyfriends aren't thinking of how to raise a family. Hardly any planning goes into getting a girl drunk to have sex with her. The girls are victimized, one reason why planned parenthood is so invaluable.

Cretins don't care, they don't have to deal with the consequences, raise or pay for kids born as a result.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

before those videos came out there, they had already diverted the state funding, cutting it off from most of the family planning clinics in the state. It's the results of just that cut that they studied.

Correct, the infamous videos were created to support the larger, national agenda. If it succeeds, this study makes clear what the results will be.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

no, no, no... you missed her point...
she is saying that the women, young and old, married or unmarried, refuse to have sex...unless of course, they actually want to have a child! isn't that what the conservatives want???

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

no, no, no... you missed her point...
she is saying that the women, young and old, married or unmarried, refuse to have sex...unless of course, they actually want to have a child! isn't that what the conservatives want???

Yep, and liberals want to take my guns.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

family planning is also a vital part of healthcare, since like I already pointed out, having children spaced too closely together can cause health problems. the gov't has seen fit to become involved with healthcare for a long time, haven't they?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The reality is that there is a majority of our population that is simply irresponsible

Star and a correction for you . And will add in ALL situations in life. Their belief : let someone else correct the mistakes I make . That way I never have to worry about SELF RESPONSIBILITY

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Yep. It is the cheapest,don't need no govmint money,100 % effective,no side effects,no pelvic or drug test required,no babies means no one owns you.
Crying shame.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So, basically, those who stopped getting contraceptives because it was free continued to have unprotected sex--public funding doesn't fix stupid, but apparently it can postpone it.

Seriously, anyone who has unprotected sex, whether on a long-term contraceptive or not, is asking for the possibility of STDs and pregnancy. It's a pretty simple equation, and it doesn't take rocket science.

What this tells me is that, without public funding, PP isn't a very viable organization--if they can't procure private funding in order to keep the same services going, maybe the general public in that area doesn't agree with the necessity of their services or the overall necessity of their organization.

The reality of life is that there are ways around unwanted pregnancy without "free" contraceptives. Society shouldn't be bullied or guilted into paying for some things just because some people out there are too ignorant to figure it out for themselves (or with the help of family, friends, PSAs, sex-ed classes, internet searches, etc, etc) or too reckless with their behavior to care.

Yes, it sounds harsh, but so does the collective voice of those who try to guilt people who into funding PP because of the personal sexual choices of some individuals.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Do YOU have any statistics on back alley abortions? Because I'm pretty sure by definition they'd be off the books.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

family planning is also a vital part of healthcare, since like I already pointed out, having children spaced too closely together can cause health problems. the gov't has seen fit to become involved with healthcare for a long time, haven't they?

LOL, best argument yet! Let's prevent "possible" health problems by inducing death!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join