It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I hate christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Weak. WALOC (What A Load Of Crap).

Animals don't "choose" to suffer. They choose to cooperate with their families.

Lame, Raggedy. There is no reason for a human being to starve and be homeless.....it is humans that do that to each other.
There is likewise no reason for an animal who is aligned with and cared for by people to starve and be left out in extreme weather tied to a tree, or tossed out as unwanted.....or cramped in a tiny cage and then slaughtered while still conscious.

Your suffering is entirely self-inflicted.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We are having to correct him often that he doesn't really love his new vending machine toy; he just really likes it a lot.

Hmm, that's interesting. My daughters were that age about 20 years ago. Knowing what I know today, I wouldn't discourage the child from using the word "love" to describe anything. Love is 10,000 times as powerful as hate. Please consider allowing the child, when appropriate, to express Love as much as he/she likes. The alternative is much worse. Besides, who the heck wouldn't love a vending machine toy, I love them too !!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Weak. WALOC (What A Load Of Crap).

Animals don't "choose" to suffer. They choose to cooperate with their families.

Lame, Raggedy. There is no reason for a human being to starve and be homeless.....it is humans that do that to each other.
There is likewise no reason for an animal who is aligned with and cared for by people to starve and be left out in extreme weather tied to a tree, or tossed out as unwanted.....or cramped in a tiny cage and then slaughtered while still conscious.

Your suffering is entirely self-inflicted.

I am not talking about the animals, I am talking about you choosing to suffer on their behalf.
It's your martyr complex

Sounds like it's your chosen burden, your self flagellation
How about the advice I was given, stop caring and it all goes away

Stop choosing to,suffer on behalf of animals

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Yeah. Yawn.

I got what you were saying. It's really weak.

You didn't say anything here about how "Christianity" affects OTHERS: how it affects little kids (brainwashed and abused by adults and taught to feel like crap - just like you feel), or animals (treated like they are unconscious beings), or the planet (being raped by fossil fuel interests) -- you just whined about how hard it is for you.

So, yeah. I hate what christianity has done to people like you, to animals, to the planet.......

Jesus was an okay guy. You "Christians" just have no clue what he was talking about.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Yeah. Yawn.

I got what you were saying. It's really weak.

You didn't say anything here about how "Christianity" affects OTHERS: how it affects little kids (brainwashed and abused by adults and taught to feel like crap - just like you feel), or animals (treated like they are unconscious beings), or the planet (being raped by fossil fuel interests) -- you just whined about how hard it is for you.

So, yeah. I hate what christianity has done to people like you, to animals, to the planet.......

Jesus was an okay guy. You "Christians" just have no clue what he was talking about.

You know Buz, i see all that and I hate it, yet I am told to love

I am surprised you couldnt work out the simplicity of the opening statement, sorry it went over your head and you got so frustrated and angry just to arrive where I started.

Go on, go back and read what I wrote

It might help that you got this far to return and start again with open eyes.
So go back and read the opening statement

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You know, Rag, your title is "So, I hate christianity."

Then you go on to whine about how hard it is, and how put-upon you feel. I don't need to go back and re-read it.

Maybe the part you missed was that you have a choice. If you "hate" christianity, divorce it. Walk away. You, and you alone, are doing this to yourself.

Oh, and one other thing: I'm not an atheist.
edit on 2/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Jeez, I'd say you're pretty close to completing your training. In my opinion , you leave something out.

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No skin off my nose.....

Believe it or not, it is skin off your nose and you probably know this deep down, that's why the disagreement persisted this long. The longer it takes this person to advance, the longer it takes us all. We must help our fellow human beings as often as possible. Just my opinion. Thank you for trying to help.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

We must help our fellow human beings as often as possible. Just my opinion. Thank you for trying to help.

Indeed, we must must try to help.
We must do that as often as they are receptive, or even remotely interested.......and even then some.

But - when do we just say, "Okay, suit yourself, I'm going on without you" -??? Because, there's a time to do that. You know, brush off your sandals and move on.

Holding the world back is what Raggedyman's type of thinking does....hating everything due to a warped ideology is an affliction that is unnecessary, counter-productive, self-imposed, leads to submissive suffering on the part of the willing patient and also to the abuse of younger persons in the form of indoctrination. All, IMO, ridiculous for the adults to fall for, and heinous insofar as their actions impose that same crap on little kids. (See - Hamas. See also - Jesus Camp. See (also) also - ISIS.)

There is nothing wrong with enjoying life.
If people want to suffer, that's on them - if they impose suffering by proxy upon their little kids, that's also on them AND IT IS ABUSE.

Generational systems, you know.
Takes a strong person to buck the system, decide they have been misled, and refuse to teach their kids the same self-loathing they grew up with. Suffering under it is entirely unnecessary.....in the USA.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh Buzz
You really didn't read the OP did you
Maybe it was a little to vague

When I became a Christian I slowly realized how evil the world was, how broken and selfish it was (including me)
My hate for it was because I was asleep to reality, living an ignorant fantasy, a lie.
Since I have awoken I have had to see the reality

It seems like you are telling me to deny reality and go back to sleep, that all is good and wonderful.
That's just a lie

All is not good, ignorance was bliss. I am torn between wanting ignorance or living in reality.
I will stick with reality

Thanks for offering me ignorance it isn't real

You can enjoy this world and all it has to offer, I can't pretend I don't see the suffering anymore.

I hate Christianity because it shows the condition of the world, love it because it promises so much more to everyone

edit on 9-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I read it, and read it again.
My statement stands.

You are doing this to yourself - and if you are also doing it to little kids, that makes YOU personally responsible for their misery, self-hatred, low self-esteem, loathing of life, and refusal to listen to others.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

All is not good, ignorance was bliss. I am torn between wanting ignorance or living in reality.

Want something to change?

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

P.S. You sound like an abused spouse who's too scared to leave the abuser.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Want something to change?

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

P.S. You sound like an abused spouse who's too scared to leave the abuser.

Thanks for the advice, if i was being abused by anyone I would leave that relationship, trust me I am not, thanks for your concern

I am just sick of this world, sick of the lies, the evil

If I wasnt a christian I could be self centered, I cant be.

I hate I cant be self centered anymore

You are reading way to deep

I am the change I want to BE, its just very difficult being a christian in this world

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This OP is really good example of how Christianity can cause anti-social behavior as well as self hatred, dread and lack luster for life.

Fortunately, I don't buy the OP's rhetoric, and I think he's really just a CHRINO CHristian In Name Only. He seems to reject any solace that his religion can offer, that is even after accepting the "filthy rag" and "made in God's image" conundrum.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I hate I cant be self centered anymore

You hate what you are imposing upon yourself.

You are reading way to deep

In a kiddy-pool, there is no "deep".

I am the change I want to BE,

Yay!

its just very difficult being a christian in this world

wait.

What???
Which means you are not the change you want to be - you are choosing to be a victim of a mind-set that you can reject at will.
If you are finding it difficult, stop being it.
Does it hurt when you wave it around? Stop waving it around.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I am just sick of this world, sick of the lies, the evil

I have the easiest solution for you and I'm not kidding. Stop paying so much attention to the things you hate. Look for goodness, and get involved with those things as they may just bring you joy.

Don't worry about others, friend, they are simply acting out their beliefs and ideas while they find their way in the world.
We are here to Love, learn and experience all that we can - and nothing else. So if you wish to stay within the boundaries of negativity, you will experience mostly negativity. I know, I was the same way and now I'm not.

Now, please consider getting off this thread and leave it behind - in your past, so to speak - and look for a thread that has the potential of making you think in a different way.

Approach all you can with Love. I know it sounds cliche but it works. I Love you Brother. Get your true happiness back!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join