It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I hate christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Honesty is always better than hypocrisy. If we learn to love the Truth, then it becomes easier to accept its inconveniences for the sake of its sovereignty.

Remember that it's easier for a camel to pass through the Eye of the Needle than it is for a man to enter the kingdom of God.

You're not alone. Just keep confessing these things to God in prayer (1John 1:9) and study and live by His word. Keep your garments clean.
edit on 5-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

edit on 5-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
As a Christian I do
I hate having to be humble
I hate stupid ignorant Christians who think Hynn, Prince and televangelists who have millions of dollars represent the gospel
I hate living up to my Gods unbelievable expectations
I hate that so many people hate me because I am just a human sinner and other Christians are so perfect
I hate, hate my expectations from myself are so high and my heart is so low

I love that atheists and real Christians hold me accountable
I love Gods judgement on evil
I love that Jesus loves me because I don't deserve His love

If you are a proud Christian then I doubt you are a christian

If you are a dirty rag who needs to be cleansed in the fire of christs love then I think you have hope

So here s my rant, for atheists a sell, ride a big horse, expect a big fall

I haste falling, I also hate hitting the ground

You don't need to join a cult in order to worship your god. Your personal relationship with your god exists in a bubble, able to be completely effective on its own, even if all those churchianity trappings suddenly vanished.

In other words, follow your Jesus's words, follow your heart with respect to others, and realize when others tell you how to worship, you can safely ignore them.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Come to the enlightened side.We have salted peanuts.

We are also nice because we want to be.

I s+f'd your OP because you don't have enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Just "be" a person and stop with the martyr complex. It is the worst product of a religious mind, to try to be like a savior. Lower your standard and Just be human. People will like you more when your not all judgy and in their face with your unprovable beliefs

^^ THIS ^^

Thank you, Woodcarver.
Beautifully stated.....should be on a plaque or a meme somewhere.

Applause to you, from me.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ive never been a fan of religions that protects pedophiles.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Ive never been a fan of people who generalize so much everything gets painted one color.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

I hate having to be humble

Then your not a christian.
Isn't that the whole point of following Jesus and his actions?

No
Jesus died
It's not about feelings
It's about the promise irrespective of the feelings

Jesus died ??

No the heretic was put to death

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OP thats what you hate about being Christian????

pft...

I am Catholic, I hate the "no sex before marriage" rule.

but you know what they say about rules being made to be broken

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh look a modern day Job. ROFLMAWAFFLEZ

Gob?

G.O.B.?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

What about ones that promote pedophilia?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You know, Raggedyman, I see people sleepwalking through life everyday. I think a lot of people that are waking up are battle against brainwashing and indoctrination. But you, Raggedlyman, the lights are on and somebody IS home. In my opinion, if you keep pinching yourself, you'll keep waking up.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Atheistic anti-theist...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I hate living up to my Gods unbelievable expectations

You are a mere mortal, a human being who is not perfect. God knows this. Do you really think he would expect perfection from an imperfect being? Do you really think he is happy knowing you are struggling against yourself and your faith? The bible has been written and re-written so many times throughout history by men. People interpret things differently. Concentrate on being the best person you can be and nothing more. If you live your life with love and compassion, who can fault you for that? If you fall and stumble on the way, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and continue forward on your path. None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes in life, we all live and hopefully learn from those mistakes.

Life is about the small things that matter most. Be content within yourself and don't expect to be what a mere human can never be. It's ok.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: ketsuko

Atheistic anti-theist...

Right. So you're pissed at anyone who has faith.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

emember that it's easier for a camel to pass through the Eye of the Needle than it is for a man to enter the kingdom of God.

That would be a "rich" man

Kinda shameless brother...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sorry, quoted from memory, but the principle still applies. You can't take the world with you into the kingdom of God.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

rich men run the world... omitting said word is equivalent to this...

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders

edit on 6-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I am not religious in any sense of the word and I despise religion, to the core. But I still think Jesus is great example of how life should be lived.

After some years it becomes easier to be humble (but sometimes you still falter.)

I like to think I follow a set of ideals which lead to being content.
Content is all I strive for and everyday it gets a little easier. It takes time and a butt-load of mindfulness.
Always be mindful, always be thankful and I cannot stress this part enough, ALWAYS IGNORE THE MAINSTREAM.
Cultivate your soul and feel guilty at least once everyday, for something you have done recently or years ago.
Learn from your mistakes and do not repeat them, for repeating mistakes means you found some pleasure in them.
Open your mind to new ideas, never think you know enough and NEVER THINK YOU HAVE FIGURED IT ALL OUT.
Don't commit to a single religion. Take the positive from each one and put it into practice.

Most important of all, LOVE PURELY. Understand what unconditional truly means within the sense of love.
Vrede.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I hate all religions,in the first place they are tools of control and Major division between the members of the human race.

Some religions are tools of oppression and misogyny,an excuse for murder and barbaric cruelty.

Why would people not just have one creed,it is SO simple.

*Just never,Ever be a prick to Anyone,Ever. FIRST HARM NONE. NONE. Help those truly in need where you can,if at all possible.*

If we could have this magickal "reset" where suddenly in every nation on earth,everyone woke up with this One creed in their minds on the same morning,and feel determined in their hearts that is how they are going to live and treat others-well we would be living in a paradise on earth. It Really IS that simple.

Now i am not so foolish as to think that is actually going to happen,but can you imagine,IF..actually it's too tragic to dwell on for very long

edit on 6-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think most of you read into and not what was written

This world is a cess pit

I have to live up to standards I find very difficult and live in this world so polluted by evil, that's my choice

You don't choose it for me, I choose my own walk.
I could pretend to deny Jesus, pretend that this world is lovely

I just simply can't, I have responsibility to myself and others

My point is simple, this world is so messed up living a Christian life is so very difficult

It would be. Nice to be ignorant and self obsessed , though I choose my burden, it's not for you to choose it for me

Being a Christian in this messed up, broken world is very hard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join