It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I hate christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
As a Christian I do
I hate having to be humble
I hate stupid ignorant Christians who think Hynn, Prince and televangelists who have millions of dollars represent the gospel
I hate living up to my Gods unbelievable expectations
I hate that so many people hate me because I am just a human sinner and other Christians are so perfect
I hate, hate my expectations from myself are so high and my heart is so low

I love that atheists and real Christians hold me accountable
I love Gods judgement on evil
I love that Jesus loves me because I don't deserve His love

If you are a proud Christian then I doubt you are a christian

If you are a dirty rag who needs to be cleansed in the fire of christs love then I think you have hope

So here s my rant, for atheists a sell, ride a big horse, expect a big fall

I haste falling, I also hate hitting the ground

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think I'm a little more at peace than you are.

But I am what I am. Others can take it or leave it as they decide.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Then your not a christian.
Isn't that the whole point of following Jesus and his actions?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Jeremiah hated being a prophet (ch15 v10).
These moments happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I hate stupid ignorant Christians who think Hynn, Prince and televangelists who have millions of dollars represent the gospel

Religion is big business, it exonerates us from the dichotomy of serving money and god simultaneously.

I think the change came when greed was renamed thrift.

Now we can worship both.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Then your not a christian.
Isn't that the whole point of following Jesus and his actions?

No
Jesus died
It's not about feelings
It's about the promise irrespective of the feelings

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Everyone has their struggles.

If you didn't have any, then I would worry about how Christian you were.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If they didn't I wouldn't need Him

I need Him

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I am not at all sure that you statement about equating greed with thrift is accurate.

I just pulled in a paycheck today. Are you telling me that I should go out and blow it all in order to avoid appearing thrifty and husbanding my money to cover the very real needs of my household - food, clothing, shelter?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well, most of the christians i meet are also full of hate. I am an atheist, and i am at peace. I have no problem being humble or accepting that i do want recognition for some things i do.

The problem with all religions is that they are made up by regular men and women. They set up standards that are unreachable. My guess, according to all of our previous convos, is that you were never really a "good" christian anyways. You just claim to be because you feel it gives you the high ground. All religion is an ego trip anyways. I never needed it to be a good person, and most religious people i meet are so full of pride for themselves, it makes it impossible for them to be " good" people.

People compare all religious fanatics to those like Binny Hinn, because it's the closest comparison. Only interested in money and status. Look around. You'll see what i mean.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I hate the organisation called Christianity. I hate the cultism, the ritual, the pseudo-polytheistic, semi-paganised claptrap that is Catholicism too. I dislike the fact that humanity has placed a hierarchy of flesh between Jesus and his followers, directly against his express orders. I hate that the vast, oppressive organisation which sprung up in the name of Christ and is the church, has been usurped by mortal interests and business concerns for generations, that its intention is not the worship of Christ but the corruption of his word and works into little more than propaganda, intended to control the weak and oppress the aware.

But I do not hate following Christ. I recognise how difficult it is, but it has its own rewards, most of which are of greater immediate value to me, than the chance of securing myself a place in heaven.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's called free falling
Full moon fever

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It is not a sin to hate state sanctioned religion, if Jesus rocked up today he'd be on the FBI's top 10 most wanted list with the other anti-establishment terrorists.

Still, you are awesome and beloved, whether you choose to believe that or not is governed by how you interpret state sanctioned propaganda and what others want you to believe.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More like… greedy people use the term thrifty to justify their greed.

Not about earning a living at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It is not a sin to hate state sanctioned religion, if Jesus rocked up today he'd be on the FBI's top 10 most wanted list with the other anti-establishment terrorists.

Still, you are awesome and beloved, whether you choose to believe that or not is governed by how you interpret state sanctioned propaganda and what others want you to believe.

Yeh but no
I am loved because Jesus loves sinners

I hate I am a sinner, learning to love sinners
That's my rant
Slow process
I need a few nails, a crown and a spear, for me and Him

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yikes. Are you drunk?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm an anti-theist...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am not at all sure that you statement about equating greed with thrift is accurate.

I just pulled in a paycheck today. Are you telling me that I should go out and blow it all in order to avoid appearing thrifty and husbanding my money to cover the very real needs of my household - food, clothing, shelter?

No
I didn't even imply that

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Ah, I have never exactly equated thrift with greed in that way then. More like miserly or parsimonious. An Ebenezer Scrooge type, but they are the ostentatious ones.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

I'm an anti-theist...

By anti-theist, do you mean that you acknowledge that God (or gods) exist and you are against them or that you simply do not believe which is more atheist in my mind?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join