It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth, Wind & Fire soul band founder Maurice White dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Good gosh!!! I guess I'm getting old. So many of the talented artists are falling right and left. Alot of the folk on ATS won't know of the group Earth, Wind & Fire, they were classic!!!! Parkinson's just sux. Period....

RIP Maurice.

The founder of soul group Earth, Wind & Fire, Maurice White, has died in the US, his brother has said.

White, 74, died in his sleep in Los Angeles on Thursday morning. He suffered from Parkinson's Disease.

His band had a series of hits including September, Boogie Wonderland, Shining Star and After the Love has Gone.

The singer-songwriter was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1992 but his condition was reported to have got worse in recent months.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader
One heck of a Band, sorry to hear the News.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Rip Mr white

... writing that just reminded me of breaking bad..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great band, beautiful music. What a shame.

What a terrible misfortune to suffer with PD for over 20 years then die at the relatively young age of 74...should be standard punishment for terrorists.

RIP Maurice.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

That was my favorite band in my younger days. In fact I was just checking the groups touring schedule a few days ago hoping the wife and I could catch a nearby concert. RIP Maurice, your music and legacy will live on.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yep one of my favs!!! It sems as thought the older we get, the more we lose

thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One of the all time greatest groups in my lifetime. I saw the group many times when touring with Chicago. RIP Maurice!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I had the opportunity to see EW&F back in the 80's. They put on one hell of a show...possibly one of the best I've ever seen. The thing about them is that their music transcends so many borders and is truly universally appealing.

R.I.P. Maurice White. Your music will live on forever.

On another note, someone else mentioned how so many great artists are passing away now. I feel grateful having grown up in an era where there were so many talented musicians and great bands. It seems that with each passing the void grows larger. Maybe I'm getting old myself but I just don't see anyone else being able to fill in and carry that torch. At some point we'll have a generation of people who never experienced great music.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm getting old too and remember all the legends who have been passing lately. It's starting to feel like a game to see who is left standing.

May all our talented artists RIP along with everyone else in our lives who we have lost. There must be one hell of a party going on up there.

new topics

top topics

join