It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Lavoy Finicum Tased By OSP Implicates Murder By The Feds

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Which is why the method for reviewing law enforcement's use of force is based on what the officer perceived when force was used and not 20/20 hindsight. Contrary to popular belief police are not required to start at the bottom of the force continuum.

As for the roadblock what I am saying is the manner in which they set it up, based on the info I have seen, is a no no. The complete blocking of the road, both directions of travel with no avenues of escape, is a problem.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie
a reply to: Xcathdra

Are you suggesting, then, that ignorance on the part of the federal agents as to how to properly set the roadblock might have been to blame for this crapjob of a roadblock?

Its something that needs to be looked at yes.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

It depends on who fired, where they were at when they fired, and what they saw when the shot.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Its not my fault you are incapable of applying common sense. The guy who was shot was interviewed by media with his gun. The militia people who "answered the call" came armed.

If you did the same thing Finicum did my argument would stand.

If you get pulled over and your state requires you to notify the officer you are armed we go from there. If you start digging in your pockets / glove compartment / etc after the officer tells you st stop and show your hands, and you refuse, then a deadly force argument can be made.

Stop trying to substitute this situation with something completely different.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

The roadblock/barricade was properly set. The question is: was it needed and is it leagal to use this kind of raodblock/barricade to solve this situation.

Completely blocking the road with no avenue of escape is not a properly set roadblock. Its why I was curious how they classified the roadblock and if any unit called out a pursuit.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: spy66

The roadblock/barricade was properly set. The question is: was it needed and is it leagal to use this kind of raodblock/barricade to solve this situation.

Completely blocking the road with no avenue of escape is not a properly set roadblock. Its why I was curious how they classified the roadblock and if any unit called out a pursuit.

This was not a ordinary roadblock this was a physical leathal barricade. Often used by military force and FBI, but not domestically but in a war/conflict sone, This barricade was often used by US/NATO forces in Iraq and (Yugoslavi in the 90)s.

It was properly set. But it is illigal to use domestically in the US. Or at least in Oregon.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well there was an arrest warrant for finicum and they classified it as resisting arrest, along with Bundy who was apparently wounded for the same thing, resisting arrest. The complete road block apparently is valid given the facts (deadly force encounter).

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well there was an arrest warrant for finicum and they classified it as resisting arrest, along with Bundy who was apparently wounded for the same thing, resisting arrest. The complete road block apparently is valid given the facts (deadly force encounter).

I dont know if the victim was involved in a life-threatening felony that would justify the use of physical Deadly force?
- There is not doubt that the use of Deadly force was granted.

Prohibited Pursuits (630.05)

a. Persons whose identities are known, who can be apprehended at a future time, and whose driving or conduct does not create an imminent threat of serious physical injury or death, will not be the subject of a pursuit. The sole exception to this prohibition is if the reason for the pursuit was his/ her involvement in a life-threatening felony.

Pursuit Intervention Strategies (630.05)

d. Barricading: Barricading is considered deadly physical force and subject to DIR 1010.10. (630.05 VEHICLE PURSUITS)

1. Barricading requires the approval of a supervisor. Furthermore, the barricade must be set up in such a manner as to afford the fleeing suspect ample time to see the barricade and stop his/her vehicle.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

A road block that does not include an avenue of escape is a deadly force scenario.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

a reply to: Boadicea

a reply to: diggindirt

Agreed, guys, in that the roadblock was designed to allow escalation, or set by untrained operatives, which seems unlikely. I've been arguing the minutae in this thread mostly, but I think this is another line of writing on the wall for anyone who cares to look deeply enough into this scenario, that this guy was essentially executed. At the very least he was a victim of escalation due to trigger happiness on the part of LEO's. I think it's hard to dismiss it even that lightly, though.

I think I want to back off of this statement...there's a lot of speculation going on here, perhaps I'm getting a little too caught up in it. At least, the execution part, and my inclination here to think that it could hardly be anything but. He did have several gunshot wounds; so I think the triggerhappiness assessment is a fair one, if he wasn't outright murdered. It's a stretch for me to try and say anything conclusive here, though; so, I probably got a little too speculative there.

Also I thought the poorly planned roadblock could have been from it being hastily implemented. Maybe they just set it up on the spot?
edit on 10-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

A road block that does not include an avenue of escape is a deadly force scenario.

Yes, so the roadblock was illigal, unless they were suspects of a immidiate serious leathal felony that would justify such a roadblock.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join