It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How can I lose my beer belly???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:28 AM
I cut empty carbs and excessive sugar from my diet when I started growing a little paunch.
My belly shrunk away over time without giving up beer. I drink the rich stuff, too. Light beer is of the Devil.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:26 AM
a reply to: skunkape23

A gallant knight appears and sweeps Qumulys off his (just roll with it dude) feet to a happy land where beer is not frowned upon.

It is super affective.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:01 AM
a reply to: lavatrance

First of all, living longer is socially irresponsible. Also, looking good is irrelevant.

Solved. Drink beer, and embrace entropy!

Seriously though, you should just walk. Walking is better for you than jogging by miles, and if you march around all over the place, your belly will tighten up after a while, assuming your posture and gait are correct. It's not nearly as bad for ones back as sit ups or something ghastly like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:10 AM
a reply to: skunkape23

I drink the rich stuff, too. Light beer is of the Devil.

and don't get me started on zero beer??..lets strangle the motherless knave if he is bought before us..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:36 AM
It is a myth that you can target an area of fat with a specific exercise. So while doing sit ups will help you burn fat purely because they a form of exercise they are no better at reducing a fat belly than any other exercise.

-lots of cardio.
-No alcohol.
-Eat small healthy meals.
-Stick to leafy veg as it raises testosterone (Cruciferous vegetables).
-Cut out bread, dairy and potatoes.
-lots of cardio.
-Everything boiled if you eat meat.
-Cut out ALL sauce's, mayo, ketchup etc..
-Cut out ALL processed foods.
-lots of cardio.
-Beware of anything that's labeled low fat because its usually high in sugar.
-Beware of anything that's labeled low sugar because its usually high in fat.

Its a long hard road back to a lean body and most people just cant do it.

Did i mention lots of cardio?

edit on 5-2-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:57 AM

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
It is a myth that you can target an area of fat with a specific exercise. So while doing sit ups will help you burn fat purely because they a form of exercise they are no better than any other form of exercise for a fat belly.

-lots of cardio.

-lots of cardio.

Its a long hard road back to a lean body and most people just cant do it.

Did i mention lots of cardio?

I personally believe, that is number one on the list period. In fact, many cardio zealots can even eat however they damn well please and still maintain due to the sheer volume of daily calories spent and metabolism.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:01 AM
I have a beer belly too, I'd say that mine is more of a sugar belly though. Looks like Im gonna have to do some exercise

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:19 AM
Walk 1 hour a day, a constant walk. No breaks. Walking at work doesn't count. It will keep your metabolism up and keep the belly down

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:14 AM
Burn more calories than you consume. Less carbs, more lean protein.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:07 AM
Beer bellies coming from drinking lots of beer is MOSTly a myth. Beer is actually quite healthy for you. The problem stems from eating while drinking alcohol as the alcohol stops your body from absorbing the calories and working as it normally does. Fat simply tends to gather in the belly area for most men.

It's really all about not consuming more than you are actively using.

Your battle against the bulge is going to get harder the older you get due to a lowering of metabolism AND the tendencies to not be as active as you were in youth.
If you really care about being overweight (I, for one, don't and never want to be skinny again), then you need to get some sort of activity going on a more regular basis. Doesn't have to be a workout. Could just be a daily walk/jog. Anything that gets your activity up.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
Why don't people educate themselves on diet in the same manner as they do when it comes to other subjects, if I want to learn how to build computers I learn about the subject not listen to a bunch of ridiculous notions and fads/hearsay, if you want to look like what a healthy happy human being is supposed to look like you have to eat what a healthy happy human being eats. What do the healthiest leanest populations on this little planet of ours eat? What is their main staple? The answer is consistently fruits/starches/vegetables.

Do your self a favor read about Kitavans, Kenyans. Okinawan's, Asians, South Americans, Italians and then for good measure read a few good credible books about human physiology.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
Before I say stop drinking beer let me ask how many beers you drink in a week? I'm going through a bit of the same thing myself and my attitude is "It's perfectly okay to have a couple of beers a week. It's not okay to have a couple of beers a night".

People will give you all kinds of advice and there's a lot of knowledgeable people here on this site. I'll break it down in the most simple form and say it's a matter of calories in vs calories out. You need to create that calorie deficit. (Are you burning off more than you consume?)

Another simple rule of thumb is to take your target weight and multiply it by 12. That will give you a ball park idea of how many calories you should be consuming per day to reach that weight.

A few other helpful hints is to make water your go-to beverage. It does you no good if half of your daily calorie consumption is from soda, juice and beer. Eat lots of fruits and veggies (low calorie hit) and make sure you have some sort of protein with every meal as this will help you feel full.

Good luck!

p.s. Yes, this is coming from the guy who keeps a stash of Belgians in his closet...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM

Just burn more energy than you consume, simple as that and you are free to find whichever diet/exercise regime suits you.
I work physically hard 5 days a week (a paid workout I think of it), I live on the top of a hill with nearly 300 stone steps to my home, which I walk up and down often 4 or more times a day. Civilisation is at the bottom of the hill and with the winding road being a mile or so I just walk if I need the shops or whatever, saves cash on parking as well lol.
Basically I burn a massive amount of calories every day.

Now for my diet. I eat lots and lots, I don't even think about healthy food if I'm hungry, I'll do family sized pies, 3 big macs if I'm passing, large pizza for myself, sugary drinks, sticky buns, you name it I'll eat it.
4000+ calories will pass my mouth in the day then I drink 6 or 7 pints of ale every night which adds at least another 1500 calories.
I am 185cm tall and weigh a fit and healthy looking 84kg, this hasn't changed much for 20+ years, and all because I burn around the same calories as I consume.

I put a bit of weight on during December with little work and lots of partying, but I've been working like a dog since the start of Jan and I'm back to my trim self.
Consume less energy than you use and you WILL lose weight, the rules apply to every single human on the planet, how you do it is your free choice but it works for everyone, even those who say they 'can't' lose weight. Bull#.

You'll never find a fat person in sustained famine conditions.
Oh and good luck with your personal regime plan.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM

No E.Z. way

But i have a solution. Story how i made it for few (2-3) months.

First u need cut off your social links at least 3 months or not enter your family kitchen for that time. My way was then to move to new EU state, because i can work via internet.

Food items:
- portioned meat rations, about 100 grams per one day (2-3 kg per one month)
- maybe 1 kg rice and/or beans, dry food, somth. Like half teaclass per one day
- vegetables with preservability like potatoe, carrot, onion, garlic or what do you like
- pepper and salt and good cooking oil (optional)
Outcome: amazingly tasty food, eatable once but better half+half per day; making food takes me 25 mins each running day and sooner or later one starting to do physical exercises on cooking time.

Point is - no need to go shopping daily food, because one always crab few beers also. After that rationalised food discipline set, no one need to go to shop more than 2 times per month (vegetables 2 times, meat and dry food once per month). Good bonus for that - a lot of cash not spent... A LOT OF!

- Yerba mate - my habit was about 2 litres per day. Starting mornings and drive on to afternoon.
- a lot of lemon water. Every day i consume at least 2 lemons with 1-2 tsp. honey. So - cooled down lemon water at evenings and hot mate tea at mornings makes 4-5 liters water per day. This is very, very cleansing diet.

Alcoholic person need alcohol, admit it. This is physical and this is also social or asocial behavior, if u have fall enough deep in it. So my replacement was cannabis, to fill addiction for something. State where im relocated, allows that medicine and before rehab starts, im was able to crow my own strains.
If U living on restricted area, still, go and look around, this is cheaper, than everyday booze. But remember, there is good haze versus stoning stuff. So crab always most high aka more Sativa consistent strains, not Indica. Indica for stoners; Sativa for energy, euphoric and creative persones.

So, at start i got emty stomach, but Yerba Mate is very good at that issue. So i keep drinking it at early morning like coffee (because mateines=cofeines, but mate is pure healthy stuff) and this take care one's emty stomach and causin loss of appetite. Afternoon, when work issues are done or calmed down, i make my first good joint and experiencing good vibes for sustainable day and so on.. appears i fold open my works, and takin' second look on them. After while i started to go to bed smth. like 10PM and woke up 8, then 7, then 6, then 5 AM. Every sunrise was mine continously every no damned all mornings :0)

After a month or so i got "butterflies" in stomach on every good thoughts i thinking or idea. My worklife got bonuses, because i liked more deep thinking and solving tasks. Soon i noticed, when i walking on streets, my body wants running besides walking. So i got bicycle and starting regular training once, later twice at day.

After that experience and moving back my homeland, there was again a lot of social links and old friends, they were very interested my experience and... :0( my beerbelly crows back at same rate this was gone earlier. So im startin a new rehab now, unfortynately without cannabis, but strong knowledge about an idea - man can do everything with clever willpower managing ;0)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:22 PM

I'm currently on a diet.

I eat fruit in the morning, a sandwich for lunch and a regular dinner.

I have eliminated sodas entirely. Completely.

And I'm losing @ 3 lbs per week.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM

have you tried three easy solution?
1. reduce beering intake?
2. change diet?
3. exercise?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM

It's just so weird,

its not weird.
you eat too much and dont exercise.
eat less and exercise more, its that simple.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
a reply to: CoBaZ

Bread, pasta, beer....anything made from wheat or gluten is going to cause beer belly, wheat belly, whatever you call it...and it is not fat in a pretty or healthy place.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:49 PM
Bah, my hubby has a Buddha belly.

I call it my pillow, he calls it his tv tray.

Personally speaking, I think Buddha bellies are sexy as all hell on a man.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:04 AM
a reply to: CranialSponge
I think 'Buddha' bellies look disgusting on men or women, and indicate laziness and/or overindulgence.
I guess that's the eclectic nature of personal taste and opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>