It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

How can I lose my beer belly???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:31 PM
I really don't understand this. But over the last couple years I developed a bit of a beer belly. Like it's fairly noticable. I think my pants size went up 4 inches. It's just so weird, it kinda bothers me. Like it wasn't long ago that I was pretty lean. Now I look awful. But it's not just that, it's health reasons too. I don't think it's healthy long term.

Just wondering if there's an easy way to lose a beer belly that anyone knows about or has used???

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:34 PM
a reply to: lavatrance

Stop drinking beer.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
a reply to: schuyler

You sir/madam are a crusher of dreams!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
a reply to: schuyler

LOL... beat me to it

Try this Mr. OP

How to lose your belly in 10 days

And something called The afterburn effect works too...

Personally... I choose beer over belly

edit on 4-2-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:39 PM

originally posted by: lavatrance
Just wondering if there's an easy way to lose a beer belly that anyone knows about or has used???

If there was an easy way, everyone would be fit.

Sorry mate, gonna have to do exercise, eat less, move more, and do sit-ups. its the routine that will help

Switch to lite beer, drink less, eat more plants than animals...

or just accept you will inevitably become homer simpson.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:39 PM
I've read that beer doesn't actually cause a beer belly. Its just from too many calories- beer or otherwise- without enough exercise. Exercise consume energy- eating stores energy. Once you accumulate fat, its difficult to reduce it. So even if you stop drinking beer (and reduce your other caloric intake), you will need to increase exercise at the same time. If you walk for 30 minutes a day and take in around 2000 calories a day then in 6 months you should have lost some noticeable weight.

There is no magic to really is as simple as walking and reducing calories. Changing what you eat helps too.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:41 PM
Beer is pretty much just fermented Grains, wheat, barley, hopps mixed with Yeast in a liquid base.

Another food substance that is the same is your breads, flour, and other grains mixed with Yeast in a semi solid base and baked off. (sometimes they replace the flour with potato flour)

Cutting back or out your bread and potatoes will do a wonder on your waist line.

So as the guy above said cut out beer,

But also cut out the things made with the same stuff as beer.

Adding some toning workouts would help also.

But then do remember "A Waist is a Terrible thing to Mind."

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:45 PM
Have a glass of water while drinking beer, it's not the best trick yet but I didn't want to repeat what others have already said.

I've heard that grains are the worst on the belly, I remember when cutting on gluten I also was overall less bloated.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM

There is a simple way, but no easy way.

It doesn't really matter what you do to be honest. Calories in VS calories out when it comes to losing weight. Estimate your basal metabolic rate (how much energy you use/calories you burn a day whilst resting) using an Online Calculator, then plan your diet and exercise around it.

Cardio workouts will improve your metabolism for hours (or even days) after exercise sessions regardless of which muscle groups you're using during your exercise, so step one is always to get off your ass. Try a non-recumbant stationary bike (or a real bike - easy on the joints and people of all fitness can get started on it), a rowing machine (pretty much the ultimate full body cardio in my opinion) or if you have facilities near you, swimming (another almost perfect exercise, especially if you're overweight or have injuries).

Also, cut back on the beer.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:51 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading... No beer??? Light Beer????
For christ sake, cut out all solid food first!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:56 PM
a reply to: Qumulys

No beer avoid glutten at all cost it basically eats the good stuff lining your tummy that helps fight fat

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
a reply to: HolydarknessVA

*Runs out of thread screaming

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
Commenting mainly to keep track in case someone posts the miracle cure.

Sounds like I'm in a similar boat. I was fit (not in fabulous athletic shape or anything, but healthy weight and looked slim) about 8 months ago. Since then I have gained about 40lbs. Didn't change my activity level or eating habits. Only change was a decision to become "healthier" by quitting a certain substance. Now I'm borderline fat.

I Feel your pain dude! All we can do to start off is start looking for ways to take extra steps, increase movement and such. Park in the back of the parking lot when shopping, randomly do squats/sit-ups/pushups when the idea comes to mind. It's what I've started. No noticeable change yet, but it hasn't been that long. However I'm able to do more reps every few days so progress isn't nonexistent ...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:10 AM

No sugar, no grains.

It will go away quick. That means no pasta, no flour, no bread, no cereal, no corn, no chips.

Eat only meat, eggs, fruit, and vegetables.

Sugar and grain carbs pack on the fat around your waist.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:28 AM
Definitely try everything (everything safe, at least - consult a doctor, nutritionist, maybe a trainer, etc.) but... speaking purely for myself... not everyone can lose it. After a certain age you begin to have to work exponentially harder to keep what you have unless blessed with phenomenal genetics. And no matter how low carb, how low my body fat, how much core work I do, how much cardio I do, how high my calorie deficit, etc. ... I've had a pudge I can't lose despite getting down a good weight and being as lean as I can be.

And some of it will be skin, too, if you lose weight. And barring surgery, for some people, that doesn't ever go away.

Do all you can to be healthy and then... embrace what nature gives you, I say.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:33 AM

beer bellies are NOT caused by beer. Accumulations of fat in the abdominal area is caused by insulin accumulating in the blood because the blood cells are becoming resistant to using up all the insulin you produce.

Have yourself tested for diabetes.

There are also other hormonal imbalances that can cause the same thing

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:36 AM
No shortcuts here, cut back on carbs and do sit ups ,even if your body type is not high maintenance you can develop a pouch the older you get inactivity is what gets most of us..btw why I am not a fan of winter.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:55 AM
It is not a matter of how much, but what you ingest. Stick to a water, brewed tea, non concentrate juices (which are usually from corn syrup, dye, and flavoring) for beverages. All your soda and coffee must go bye bye. Soda includes Sunny delight, Hawaiian punch, cool aid as well.

Get your self an iron Gym type doorway pullup bar thing workout thing, and some dumbells, and hit youtube for the programs. If at any point you are sitting on your ass, get up!

Dont listen about not eating Carbs. You can eat carbs, just not before bed. Your final evening meals should be protein and vegetables. Snack on fruit and/or cottage cheese if you get hungry.

Never, stop moving! Beer is carbs, so have it when you get home but not before bed. Just don't sit on your ass and watch TV/ATS for 3 hours.

If you got kids, take them outside and play catch with them everyday and ride bikes.

Humans just have to keep moving and eat correctly is all it takes. It is easy to maintain a lea body if you do this. If doing what humans have done for thousands of years naturally is too hard, kill the electronics. They have invisible tentacles that reach out from the screens and tap directly into your eyeballs and ears to keep you sedated. Its called signals, and they are the number one cause (mind control) for humans changing the behavior they have done naturally for thousands of years that has kept us lean.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:59 AM
So, an attempt at a serious answer here.

Your daily calorie consumption and spending is what matters most when it comes to how much bodyfat you have.
The first step is to either yourself set up a nutritional program in which your calorie intake is lower than your calorie "spending", or your can have a nutritionist do the same thing for you. My advice is that you educate yourself on nutrition. All the information you'll need is available on the internet.
If, for example, you spend about 2500kcal per day, you'll want to consume about 2000kcal per day.
Keep at it for a few weeks, and if done correctly, you should see your weight drop.

Exercising is always something I'd recommend. With exercising, you can, instead of reducing how much you eat; keep it at the same amount but spend more calories per day through physical activity instead.

A combination of good nutrition and exercise is my personal recommendation.

Good luck! The important thing is to educate yourself and learn how to do this on your own. It's totally free!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
I'm 25. Small beer belly. Obvious thing to do is stop drinking. # that. Keep drinking, but eat less. Like a few peanuts a day. It make you better. And water. I'm professional.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>