It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi Drivers Say They’ve Picked Up Ghosts of 2011 Tsunami Victims in Japan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

How does the taxi drivers know they are victims of the tsunami? Are they driving over areas that were flooded? When people die suddenly it can take them a bit to realize they are dead, so many people dying suddenly would mean more people in one area not realizing they are dead. So sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okinawa
Very interesting.

www.maxim.com

"Young people feel strongly chagrined(at their deaths) when they cannot meet people they love. As they want to convey their bitterness, they may have chosen taxis, which are like private rooms, as a medium to do so."

I could understand expressing bitterness towards death. However, the ghost in this situation expressed more sadness (in my opinion) than bitterness.

This is a phenomenon that could be linked to a very tragic and violent death such as a tsunami, and an earthquake. I would like to finish by saying that these stories of phantom hitch-hikers and/or passengers are not exactly uncommon.

I think that the spirits who really don't want to be dead are the ones who are really driven, or dedicated to certain things. Maybe pursuits, or family, or goals.

Either that or totally unaware that they died, somehow. That would seem to fit quite well in the tsunami, or Hiroshima / Nagasaki, or 9-11.

Civil War sites seem to have these characteristics.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Like I said the spirit is the real us. The jar, not.

I don't know why some see shadows, shimmers, orbs, apparitions, full figures. I can only base my observation on my own very subjective, personal experience.

Over my entire life time I have on (but few) occasions seen ghosts that were so human I thought they were human until I later found out they were notorious ghosts.

They had clothes, too. One was carrying a tool box, another had a cane. Go figure.

shrugs

Further: Thats why these reports of cabbies at first thinking their fares were 'real people' clicks with me. I can relate to that. One day I'll
do a thread, maybe.

Please do ! I argue with you a bit here, but I am really interested in your sightings. They sound sincere and intriguing.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If you can find it you might want to read "The Ghost of Flight 401".
Eastern Airlines flight 401 crashed in the Everglades on December 29, 1972.
There were 101 fatalities and 75 survivors.
Most of the aircraft was destroyed. Some not critical parts, like the galley ovens, were salvaged.
The salvaged parts were placed into service on other aircraft.
Afterwards crew members reported seeing the ghosts of the crew members of flight 401.

Eastern airlines denied any reports of ghosts but did eventually take all the salvaged parts from flight 401 out of service.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Alternatively, this research by Yuka Kudo could prove that around 7 in 100 Japanese taxi drivers like to pull university student's legs.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tendencies

Alternatively, this research by Yuka Kudo could prove that around 7 in 100 Japanese taxi drivers like to pull university student's legs.

Or 7/10 drink and/or do hashish while on duty.

But really I believe / support the concept of ghosts, so I kind of believe the story.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Absolutely love stories like these. I think it could definitely be plausible. Maybe the ghosts just wanted one last ride home?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join