It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxi Drivers Say They’ve Picked Up Ghosts of 2011 Tsunami Victims in Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I recall reading similar stories from Thai taxi drivers after the 2004 Banda Aceh Earthquake/Tsunami.
The interesting twist was they said the ghosts were mostly Western tourists.

www.scoop.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

The woman replied in a trembling voice: “Have I died?”

When the driver turned around to look at her, no one was there.

Imagine dying so suddenly that you don't realize you are gone. You stand there looking around wondering whats wrong. Oh, here's a cab, take--me---home--- "Have I died"?

Telling

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Imagine dying so suddenly that you don't realize you are gone. You stand there looking around wondering whats wrong. Oh, here's a cab, take--me---home--- "Have I died"?

Telling

Imagine if we are all dead too. What if we just like the taxi girl are all ghosts and don't realize we are dead?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Telling

Imagine if we are all dead too. What if we just like the taxi girl are all ghosts and don't realize we are dead?

Degaussing…

Our spirits are in the same state / realm as 'dead people'. They and us both 'live', just they don't have their body anymore. Some of us are able to see some of them, some of the time.

I don't even pretend to know why.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This was explaned by people having PTSD, but I must say i enjoy a good ghost story

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That is very interesting....... are we, like our personalities and thoughts the actual spirit? Like are we all possessed?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Our spirit is the real us. Yes, your thoughts, your personality, character, all you.

Fettered by various worldy conditionings since we were born.

The 'not us'.

Your body is like a car, sitting there idling, door open, and you the driver, getting in and directing it where to go.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Your body is like a car, sitting there idling, door open, and you the driver, getting in and directing it where to go.

That makes sense, we are all posessed by this spirit of that. Makes sense how a bad thing like Isis or the Nazis emerge if a lot of these spirits group in a given location/country. Or loving spirits grouping like in a buddhist monastry

How can the spirit keep the body with it like the girl in the taxi thing, when the body has now (like the car) been scrapped? Can the spirit project the image of the original body?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Like I said the spirit is the real us. The jar, not.

I don't know why some see shadows, shimmers, orbs, apparitions, full figures. I can only base my observation on my own very subjective, personal experience.

Over my entire life time I have on (but few) occasions seen ghosts that were so human I thought they were human until I later found out they were notorious ghosts.

They had clothes, too. One was carrying a tool box, another had a cane. Go figure.

shrugs

Further: Thats why these reports of cabbies at first thinking their fares were 'real people' clicks with me. I can relate to that. One day I'll
do a thread, maybe.
edit on 6-2-2016 by intrptr because: further, spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It reminds me of those stories of some people who die, dont know they died, and try to continue to have a normal life or a daily routine afterwards, until they realise they are no more flesh and bone..
edit on 6-2-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

They had clothes, too. One was carrying a tool box, another had a cane. Go figure.

Residual self image.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I thought about that once, what if when we die, we are actually going to actually live(reincarnate)...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think this could be true, I think the ghost phenomena occurs sometimes when tragic, unexpected, death happens, particularly to a young soul. This confluence of events result in people not knowing they're dead. This also occurred in Shanksville, PA after 9/11.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

I thought about that once, what if when we die, we are actually going to actually live(reincarnate)...

Perhaps living on Planet Earth this is death and when we die we live. Like we are sent down here to 'play' kind of thing, then when our bodies knacker up the 'game' is over and we are released to the sky again to join all the life up there

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Residual self image.

Thats from the Matrix. Spirits are digital, software, coded? DNA is 'encoded', right?

Who knows…

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Aren't Taxis fixed with cameras? Why no video footage?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is not the first time that occurrences like this have happened. There are several cases of this from various countries around the world. It's always interesting to hear of stories or encounters like this happening. The locations of these hitchhiker reports are coming from some of the areas, like Ishinomaki and Sendai, that were hardest hit by the tsunami. These could very well be some lost souls from that fateful day nearly five years ago. It just so happens to be that they, the dead, may look at these taxis and see a place to manifest and ask the living who survived as to what their fate was. There are so many stories from that fateful March day like this probably from every city, town, and village across eastern Japan that are not being told or have been told. If they have been told, then not all of these stories have gotten out or have been reported on.
edit on 6-2-2016 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Very interesting.

www.maxim.com

"Young people feel strongly chagrined(at their deaths) when they cannot meet people they love. As they want to convey their bitterness, they may have chosen taxis, which are like private rooms, as a medium to do so."

I could understand expressing bitterness towards death. However, the ghost in this situation expressed more sadness (in my opinion) than bitterness.

This is a phenomenon that could be linked to a very tragic and violent death such as a tsunami, and an earthquake. I would like to finish by saying that these stories of phantom hitch-hikers and/or passengers are not exactly uncommon.
edit on 21 08 2015 by Okinawa because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
aLL I KNOW IS THAT THERE ARE SOME WEIRD THINGS IN SOME OF THE TSUNAMI VIDEOS AND I MEAN WEIRD.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Reminds me of the Telly Savalas ghost.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join