It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl aircraft and a wayward Antonov on a US Federal airfield!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My daily bike ride takes me past Moffett Federal Airfield in Sunnyvale/Mountain View, CA and you never know what you will find. Add in that the Superbowl, and you get all kids of interesting stuff in the air and on the ground.

Yesterday I spotted this rare bird (At least in US Airspace)

It was gone today. I know why it is here but does anybody else?

Also the 129th Rescue Squad appears to be TDA and most of its Pave Hawks and MC-130's are not present but we have border patrol Blackhawks and CH-47's on the ground

And sadly on a final note those who know of the NSA/Space Command Blue Cube in Sunnyvale, CA its been demolished and all that remains is the old sign

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We used to see Antonovs all of the time at Davis-Monthan... contracted out to the R.A.F... no big deal, really....

They would fly in Eurofighters, then show up with support crews and equipment flown in on Antonovs. Cheaper airlift for heavy equipment... been doing it for years... and it is no secret... they fly over the City of Tucson on approach to DMAFB...

edit on 4-2-2016 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

edit on 4-2-2016 by madmac5150 because: Hari Krishna!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
About 11 years ago a company contracted me to design some equipment. It was big equipment, about the size of a sea can and heavy. It needed to be shipped to India quickly so we hired an Antonov to get it across the ocean. Expensive but quick. Surprisingly easy to arrange.

edit on 4-2-2016 by CraftBuilder because: Typos.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Antonov's land where I work in Florida every once in a while.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
About 11 years ago a company contracted me to design some equipment. It was big equipment, about the size of a sea can and heavy. It needed to be shipped to India quickly so we hired an Antonov to get it across the ocean. Expensive but quick. Surprisingly easy to arrange.

Same thing here at the mine winter road only for a few week
so if something big and heavy break down it a Antonov that fly it in

part was $180,000.00 cost to fly it in was over $250,000.00
plane came from florida then pick up the equipement somewhere in the USA
then refuel in Winnipeg then to our mine

Here our location
DeBeers Victor Diamond Mine
Also change map to Satellite view
edit on 4-2-2016 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Antonov 124 is there to move Lockmart SLBM's

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'll see your Antonov, and raise you one! This was Saturday, January 30 at DTW. They were both still there until Monday, but one has since departed.

(Click for larger images.)

I've seen them in once a month or so, but never two at a time before. My initial guess was that, as it was post NAIAS, they were there to transport automobiles back to Europe.

And that's a bummer about the Blue Cube...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Great shots.. Ukrainian by the way... only seen 2 through here. Love this bird. I put it one step above the C-5. Moffit? I hope it does a fly over on Sunday then. Thanks for dropping a dime on this. Only confirmation on flyover is the F-15. I hope navy steps in and brings a blue angel or 2.

From Steelers Nation. Go Peyton Manning! 👍

Thank you mod Cmdrkeenkid for the close ups... damn you lucky sob. 👍
edit on 5-2-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
its not uncommon to see giant foreign cargo planes
youtu.be...
i live near niagara falls... they made a huge deal when an an 124 showed up at the airport here

new topics

top topics

join