It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a Virtual Cockpit Tour of the Former Black Project Stealth Plane Tacit Blue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey guys.

We have a new virtual cockpit tour of an awesome aircraft. Tacit Blue, some times called the whale, was one of the black project demonstrators developed back in the 1980s. It flew from 1982 to 1985. Its intent was to be a demo of a behind the lines observation craft, one that had a mission not too dissimilar to the Joint Stars. But stealthy. And behind the lines.

So go enjoy.

A quick comment: the cockpit is definitely from another era...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

You are correct about the cockpit being from a different era.

Canabalized from many different aircraft systems from the sixties and seventies it looks like to me.

Many places though for newer avionic suites.

Thanks so much for the post!

I always wondered if that thing would have been a better drone than pilot flown.

I make these assessments with absolutely no professional knowledge or training.

As I said in my only other aircraft projects post I DID consult a psychic.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

heh.

Keep in mind, drones during the 80s were really, really primitive. There's a video of the Aquila. Holy crap that was the lobe finned fish of drones.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

On the outside, nearly 40 years later it still looks like something out of science fiction.

On the inside, that aluminum fab work looks like something Grumman would have built in the early 1950's...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

what happens if you need to take a crap in mid flight?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

what happens if you need to take a crap in mid flight?

A very uncomfortable situation.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Looks like a tight squeeze to get in through that hatch on the right.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Kind of scary that they stuck that fire extinguisher in there. Like, "Hey, you probably won't need this, but just in case, wink, wink"

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Did anyone else pick up on the 6 star dragon ball?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Better keep all hands and feet well within the confines of the seat upon ejection.. Talk about a small hole to blast through, loss of limb is probable I think.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
Did anyone else pick up on the 6 star dragon ball?

I was wondering what that is, never thought of a dragonball..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Not sure of the significance of the Dragon Ball itself but the 6 stars means it was tested at Area 51.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I'm guessing it's a black project involving remote viewing, black triangles, and the quest to unite all the dragonballs to wish to the dragon an end to Islamic terrorism on the behalf of the American people. The tacit blue could get close enough to the dragon to capture it like Jonah and the whale, capture the dragon and we gets more wishes, yo.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anybody know the significance of "richard o hilderbrand" on the nameplate?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I love the use of the duct tape in such an advanced X-plane too. Speaks volumes for having the mindset of simplicity and ingenuity to use items on hand to resolve an issue without over engineering it every time.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The B-2 rivet lines are covered with a duct tape looking material.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ahhh..yah. I know. That is my point. Simple solution in this case to hold the panel in place without the need to re-engineer.
edit on 2/5/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It's not to hold it in place, it's to shield the rivet head from radar energy. Rivets make great reflectors.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

In the Tacit Blue here? I beg to differ. I am referring to the piece of tape on the right side of the cockpit. I can't say it was done while it was in use, as this particular one/view is after decommissioning. AS for duct tapes RAM ability, I cannot speak to that aspect.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I know what you were referring to. What's used on the B-2 isn't duct tape, it just looks like it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join