It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emailsgate Pandora box: Which ones were worst or embarrassing? Clinton's, Powell's or Rice's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear readers,

We all know about the inferno that Hillary Clinton has faced along the last year in unending inquiries by the congress investigation committee about the supposed top secret or national security information that was disclosed in messages sent through her personal email accounts in non government servers, precisely during the crisis of Benghazi that took the life of the US ambassador in Lybia.

It is not a secret that this is an issue that may compromise so seriously not only her competence and ability to perform at the level it might be expected from a potential President but also that can put on the desk grave ethical objections against Clinton.

Nevertheless, in the light of such a terrible debate that Clinton's campaign considers as extremely partisan, now something really unexpected have occurred, a Monstrous situation with terrible aspect seems to be emerging from the same recipient:

A supposed independent Press investigation, ( Any Similarity with the Washington Post's in times of Nixon is of course not mere coincidence) has disclosed the existence of more emails about national security issues that were crossed from or to personal private servers without the level of protection required against possible hacking also by the State Secretary office, but in the time of Colin Powel and Condoleeza Rice, during the two Republican terms of George W. Bush.

Please Read:

state-ig-classifi ed-email-found-from-powell-rice-tenures msn news

state-ig-classified-email-found-powell-rice-tenures yahoo news

Toledoblade: State-IG-Classified-email-found-from-Powell-Rice-tenures.html

So what we have now? it is a great consolation to know that Clinton in not the first State Secretary to have exchanged extremely sensitive information without the necessary protocols of how to handle classified information demanded by the national security standards?

Are we are entering in a new extremely risky debate that is suggesting that the very pillars of the American Political institutional life can be shaken by a scandal of magnitude never seen before?

Are these new revelations able to damage so seriously the governability of the country, to the levels never seen before, including possibly not only the drop of the campaign of one but perhaps two Presidential candidates, one in each party?

Are we going to see that criminal charges may be filled out against somebody in the very top of the political life of the country, like Mrs Clinton ?, and if so now also against former functionaries of first level of a previous Republican administration that are as well Top iconic figures of the Bush Era?

Are the Political institutions already prepared to face, handle and overcome this kind of political scandal? or if this situation is not stopped right now this could trigger a complete collapse of the State?

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/4/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Clinton.
Powell and Rice didn't have anything on unprotected PRIVATE Servers.
edit on 4-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Excuse me Dear IAMTAT, but Did you read this from the Article of Elijah Cummings of the Associated Press dated on today, reproduced almost everywhere in the web??!!:

Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said the details about Powell’s emails “shows just how routine it is for government bureaucrats to go overboard when it comes to judging whether information is too sensitive for the public to see.”

“Hillary Clinton agrees with her predecessor that his emails, like hers, are being inappropriately subjected to overclassification,” Podesta said.

Republicans argue that Clinton’s decision to set up her own personal email server is far worse than news that her GOP predecessors received a few emails from subordinates that now are seen to contained national security information.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.), however, called the news “a watershed moment.”

“If we’re to believe Republicans, we would have to criminally charge Secretary Rice, Secretary Powell, the senior staff and everyone else who received these emails,” Reid said.

Cummings has written Secretary of State John Kerry seeking more information about the emails from Powell and Rice’s tenure at the State Department.

In his letter to Kerry, Cummings said the IG is reviewing the records preservation practices of five former secretaries of state and their immediate staffs. According information the IG provided to Cummings, the 12 emails were sent between February 2003 and June 2008. None of them were marked classified, but the State Department has advised the inspector general that the 12 contained classified national security information.

Read more at www.toledoblade.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/4/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Looks like an onslaught of MSM excuses for failure are gearing up for a Hillary defense fund effort.

Anything coming out now is an indication of a possible Hillary prosecution either in court, or in the media should she skate an indictment.

edit on Feb-04-2016 by xuenchen because: soros in the shadows

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Lost me at "Elijah Cummings"...He's Hillary's disinformation mouthpiece.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: The angel of light

Lost me at "Elijah Cummings"...He's Hillary's disinformation mouthpiece.

John Podesta is no bargain either.

Sounds like the usual dreck coming from The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign

I think if any problems existed way back when, there would have certainly been hearings in Congress during the 2009-2010 Majority enjoyment.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Actually they did. I haven't seen any specific reference to where the emails were hosted but whether it was on their own servers or through an ISP, the servers were not government controlled and were therefore by definition private. Do you feel better about classified emails sent to a Hotmail account? I wouldn't.

Rice's case is a little different because she further insulated herself by doing all of her emailing through her aides.

Further complicating the matter is that Powell's email account (and I'm assuming Rice's aides') was "closed years ago" so short of what can be recovered from government servers or found printed, there's absolutely no telling what was in their email. These are a dozen emails out of how many examples?

I personally don't feel like we should be wasting any more time on investigating Clinton's emails let alone expanding the witch hunt to include Powell and Rice but if I was TRULY AND HONESTLY concerned about Clinton's emails to the point that I thought she should be locked up for mishandling sensitive/classified material — as many people claim to be — and it's not just about a convenient attack on Hilary Clinton, then I'd have to also be equally concerned about the mishandling by Rice and Powell.

Consistency?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No problem with consistency.
If Rice and Powell ALSO conducted ALL government business through a secret private server, jeopardized national security and active intelligence human assets by telling aides to remove classified markings and sent and received SAP and Top Secret information over their unprotected secret private servers...I'd say indict them too.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting issue. Can you be prosecuted for RECEIVING emails? I'm not sure. On the one hand the idea is preposterous. Here you are with an email account, Someone ELSE sends you a classified email. You have no control over its getting sent to your inbox. You don't even know what it is until you open it and read it. Then your stuck with possession.

On the other hand, if you intentionally furnished your email address to someone else, then you were proactive in doing so. Does that make you more liable for receiving it? Seems to me the important point here is what you did AFTER getting the email. You first have to recognize that this was classified. If it didn't say so, how would you know? If you DID recognize it as classified and replied, then I can see some liability there. But if you DID NOT, or if the email was marked classified AFTER the fact, I see less liability.

In any case, receiving a classified email is hardly in the same category as setting up a private server outside government purview, then copy and pasting data from known classified documents to move it over to a private server thus intentionally bypassing security, which is what is alleged. No one claims Powell or Rice ever did anything remotely like that. Claims that "this is the same thing" are tenuous at best.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

All anyone needs to know to understand this is misdirection and distraction, is that this came from the State Dept. through Elijah Cummings to disseminate to the press.
He's Hillary's point man on the congressional committee.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They had no personal server systems.

It's a red herring.

Hillary is where it's happening.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

All anyone needs to know to understand this is misdirection and distraction, is that this came from the State Dept. through Elijah Cummings to disseminate to the press.
He's Hillary's point man on the congressional committee.

Elijah was Lois Lerner's point dog too.

He even went berzerk at one hearing.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cummings also consistently had Hillary's back and ran interference for her during the Benghazi hearings.
edit on 4-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Cummings also consistently had Hillary's back and ran interference for her during the Benghazi hearings.

ol' Elijah is definitely their "go-to-goat" in waiting.

Also, it seems all 2 of Powell's "messages" have been "classified" as "confidential".

Powell seemed exasperated by State's latest claim. The agency has designated the two messages "Confidential," which is the lowest tier of classification.

FBI contacts Colin Powell as part of email probe

Cummings, a longtime defender of Clinton, held up the new information about the former secretaries as proof that the email controversy surrounding the 2016 Democratic frontrunner was overplayed.
..you mean aside from the highly top and withheld secret stuff on Hillary's own system right Elijah?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The fact that she was allowed to set up a separate server should be the first problem. Her motivations for, and use of, the server is secondary to who knew and said nothing.

The emails aren't hers. They are ours, and should have never left our control.

I've said it before: it this were a CEO of a corporation, the CEO and corporation would be brought up on charges for violating Sarbanes-Oxley.
edit on 2/5/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dear bigfatfurrytexan,

I see what is your point, and I found it pretty sensate and entirely valid, after all if the State Secretary would be a private company owned by the Clinton Clan they could do with the information what ever they consider good for their interests, but that is not the case.

The State secretary is a public office, a federal dependency where under the free of information act everything must be open to the public but in anything that attains national security it must be ready for scrutiny of the congress that represents the public interest in any possible investigation of how the administration works.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

We are all living Historic moments in this Country, the political future of America is right now lying on the edge of a sword with two yarns, that happened to be precisely two key news produced in the last 24 hours:

1) The formal request of explanations sent by a judge to the Department of Justice of why they are unable to release sooner than February 29th their own data on the ignored emails that were erased by Hillary Clinton of her private servers

2) The announcement by the FBI that they are close to release their own probe on many yet not known emails also erased by Clinton from her private server during her time in the State secretary.

Please read:

www.breitbart.com...

news.yahoo.com...

abcnews.go.com...

thehill.com...

If the information that is going to be released before March 1st compromises in criminal charges Former State Secretary Hillary Clinton we are going to see the fall of a major political figure in a way never seen before since August 16th of 1974, somebody that in spite of the terrible poor result on the primary of New Hampshire still remains as one of the favorites to succeed President Barack Obama in the White House.

Lets see if Clinton still has a dam Good Luck to escape from huge troubles, or this is the end of her race toward the Power and the beginning of a nightmare to try to avoid prison. If she become charged possibly will never forget that she could be perfectly enjoying a happy retirement as she 3 years ago announced was willing to do to the media instead to try to comeback into heavy politics.

Barack Obama still have the resource of Presidential Pardon he can grant Hillary Clinton, but only God knows if those emails are going to reveal things that even can compromise him in the crisis of Benghazi and even if that is not the case it is unlikely that he decides to risk his own Legacy as President by condoning a functionary knowing that also this can easily damage all chances to his Party to remain in power beyond the end of his second term.

If the emails compromise only Hillary Clinton I think President Obama will think carefully twice before to follow the example of Gerald Ford, who paid a so high political cost in life for his own decision in favor of Richard Nixon. He will be extremely cautious before to go into a decision that will make him remembered for ever in History aside figures like Ford and Nixon.

Now the Acceptance of a Presidential Pardon requires confession of guilt, and that will exclude automatically Clinton of any chance to continue Running for the white house even if she never step in to Jail.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/11/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join