It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia’s Defense Ministry suspects Turkey of preparations for intrusion into Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia claimed Turkey and Saudi Arabia were ready to invade Syria.

Dont know what rock you have been living under.. Turkey and Saudi Arabia have already facilitted the invasion of Syria.

How do you think the wepons are getting there the UK sells them to Saudi.. The peeps that have beheaded more people than ISIS..

Turkey.! Why do you think they have been popping off journalists reporting stuff on the border.

Why was there no outrage when Russia bombed the aid convoy that left from Turkey... beacause it was carrying weapons..

How comes the Russians done more damage to ISIS in days than the US done in years.. because the US wanted ISIS contained not eliminated

Why do you think it took Anon to take down 1000s of ISIS twitter accounts when the US government could have done that will a phone call

How comes the US who been in Syria for years didnt notice the billions of pounds worth of ISIS oil crossing over into Turkey..

You where lied to about Afghanistan

You where lied to about Iraq

think you are spouting the truth now..

Funny how you always so happy to support war and try and justify it.

How ever you dice it you are supporting elitist mass murder..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

No try again and read this time.

Russia is accusing Turkey and Saudi Arabia of invading / prepping to invade Syria with their respective militaries, which is a lie.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Russia is accusing Turkey and Saudi Arabia of invading / prepping to invade Syria with their respective militaries, which is a lie.

Invasion already taking place.. A war through proxy.. Thats why Syria has turned into blood bath..

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You expect the Turkey, the US and other coalition members to be more hands on than ever on the push for both ISIS capitals. ISIS as a military force will be done by the end of the year. This is the last stage

You damn right!

U.s. & it's cohorts aka "Arab Coalition" just panicked over the encirclement of their TERRORISTS. . . errr "locals"

Closing In: Russia, Iran, Assad "Encircle" Syria's Largest City As Peace Talks Collapse In Geneva

"Backed by Russian firepower and Hezbollah militants, Syrian government troops have cut off rebel supply lines between the northern city of Aleppo and Turkey," Bloomberg writes. "Taking Aleppo, Syria’s former commercial hub, would give Russia, Iran and Assad more bargaining power at any future settlement talks and more say in how the region will be redefined."

Sums it up PERFECTLY:

“ In any event, the urgency expressed by the US, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey shouldn't be mistaken for some kind of benevolent regard for the lives are lost each and every day the war drags on. Rather, Washington, Riyadh, and Ankara know that if Aleppo falls, that's it for the "moderate" opposition.”

edit on 6-2-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Again no... not by proxy.

By actual forces of Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I know i agree with you.. These boys have been aiding ISIS all along and now that Russia has bombed the # out of them they need to send there own in...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit Is it any coincidence that Turkey is the strongest ally of the US in the region and is performing as it is? The Americans are arming "moderate" Syrian rebels and subsequently, numerous videos are posted all over the Internet showing ISIS engaging Russian forces with American equipment ... then we send in American troops not surprisingly, using the same American equipment ... and we wonder if anything bad is going to happen?

It is my understanding (for whatever that may be worth to anyone here) that the paperwork has already been drawn up for WWIII ... and while it sounds crazy, a look into the shadow governments along with a reflection of historical precedent would show it really is not so crazy after all ...

Putin really does not want (or need) a global war to stabilize his economic system in the Russian Federation. He does however, want to rebuild the USSR to its former "glory" with the inclusion of all fifteen republics of the former Soviet Union. If he is pushed however, he certainly would not shy away from a war.

China seems to be split on the idea with some of the elders wanting the war as it would help to stabilize the nation economically and if they could come out with their infrastructure intact, in a position to enjoy the same prosperity that the US did after WWII. It would also help on the social level as their one-child policy has left them with an inordinate number of males who are unable to find spouses, so socially a war could be seen as beneficial to them as well.

The real effort and push for the "latest and greatest" war seems to be coming from the US and the UN working hand-in-hand. A look at the hiring policies of the defense contractors would reveal a major increase in the development of new underground bases replete with housing facilities over the last fifteen years or so. With the Russians as prevalent as they are in the Arctic and with Battalion and Division sized armor repair facilities in Cuba, it looks as if Russia could easily come in from the North and the West through Siberia and Alaska. The Chinese are strongly positioned on the East Coast of Mexico and like the Russians ... who would have little choice but to work together ... could also come in from the West. Now this does sound crazy to me, but it looks as if the next war is slated to be fought on American soil and looks to go nuclear ... even with limited, tactical nuke strikes within the US borders. The really crazy thing is, there do seem to be people within the government who believe this to be a good thing.

edit on 7 2 2016 by THAnomalous1 because: Included an introduction to relate it to the OP regarding the actions of Turkey.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: THAnomalous1

I've been away from the thread, so apologies for that.

I hate to say it but I do think there is a constituency for war among the "great powers". The history of the world would make a great series of "Dummies Gone Wild" videos. The United States in particular has become an appalling place politically.

China and Russia have their problems for sure, but they are on trajectories out of the loony bin while the United States appears to be descending into madness.

American politicians, to me, are like the offspring of tycoons who bootstrapped up from the bottom and created a strong base from which their pisstard children could mismanage and squander everything.

They are a loathsome crew of poseurs who are looking to get us all killed.
edit on 8-2-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixitI have been away as well. I have this thing called work that forces me to actually be productive from time to time. No need to apologize for not babysitting a thread. It really does seem though, as if these people are all being motivated or led from a singular source however. I would say that maybe less than twenty nations decide the fate of more than two hundred. All of that mind you, is regulated and controlled by people above them who still "win" no matter who goes to war. It is truly maddening when so much of the reasoning behind the wars could be averted with more peaceful programs actually being implemented, but not programs that create dependency classes, programs that would actually empower the people. Then again, an educated and empowered working class may not bode well for the proverbial powers that be ... thus the catch-22 and the crux of the situation we find ourselves living in. The question now is how do we change the status quo?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Turkey has penchant for unannounced incursions against the Kurds....
They don't want a Kurdish state forming....
And they will kill off as many Kurds as they can before this is over.....That is their aim.

No, Turkeys aim is to rebuild the Ottoman Empire by screaming for a new Arab Caliphate but that news has a hard time being shown in the U.S., let alone Erdogan claiming he is God already. You know, the same one ISIS is trying to spread.

It has happened 3 other times in history so think how fast the Muslim Brotherhood Arab Spring was fulfilling this goal till Egypt woke up and kicked them out. Turkey is behind ALL of the Arab Spring, Libya's downfall, the war in Iraq and Syria.

Turkey is already in the list of the Arab states along with Saudi Arabia that plan on invading Syria supposedly to fight ISIS. They are ISIS lol.

Russia is not going to sit by and let these clowns invade Syria. Putin loves attacking under the cover of exercises so get ready to see a massive air and sea borne invasion of Turkey if they try to push into Syria.
Turkey would have to put everything they have into trying to defend the northern border or lose their capital.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

LOL, So the 100,000 Arab man coalition is all a lie right?? I just seen a high ranking Saudi General state today just the opposite. He states that they are ready to invade Syria with the U.S. and Allies to fight ISIS. I am pretty sure he means help them lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I see you didnt bother to read either. What part of me saying actual forces and not proxy is confusing you?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As i do not want to make a new thread about it. I will use the current one, since its related. Its basically an update. Yesterday was reported that Saudi says ready to send troops to syria

Saudi Arabia has expressed its readiness to deploy special forces to Syria if the US-led coalition allegedly hitting Daesh militants decides to deploy ground troops.

"We will discuss details with experts from the countries involved to decide on the nature of the participation," Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir told reporters during a visit to Morocco on Wednesday.

The top Saudi diplomat, however, refrained from elaborating further on the issue.

Upon those news according AFP : Russia PM warns foreign offensive in Syria could spark "World War"

Munich (Germany) (AFP) - Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev warned Thursday that if Arab forces entered the Syrian war they could spark a "new world war" and urged ceasefire talks instead.

As for Turkey here is an almost 5 minute video concerning Turkey named : Foreign Policy Diary – Turkey's Military Intervention to Syria . Here is the video

Surely dangerous times ahead. I only hope for the best.

Regards

Seed

edit on 11-2-2016 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I know i agree with you.. These boys have been aiding ISIS all along and now that Russia has bombed the # out of them they need to send there own in...

Russia has barely engaged ISIS. They are not and have not been the main threat to Assad as mostly between ISIS and Assad are other rebels. The Russians have been bombing other rebel groups and mostly civilians as they do not seemed to have not managed to make the move to guided munitions. In Syria ISIS has suffered it defeats at the hands of the US/Turkish backed Syrian Democratic Forces SDF (a coalition of Kurds, Syrian Arab, Turkmen, Christians, tribes, and former FSA) it is they who have taken ISIS territory and are moving on the ISIS capital in Syria backed by US air power. Assad's advances have been against other rebels groups who are fighting both Assad and ISIS. I know all this gets confusing but, just remember Russia's goal is to secure Assad. Almost all of the Assads territory is surrounded by rebels groups that oppose both Assad and ISIS. So of course the Russian focus has been on the other rebels. It makes tactical military sense. If Russia was bombing ISIS it would allow the rebels on Assad's borders to pull troops away from ISIS and focus more on Assad. It is not that Russia is opposed to fighting ISIS but, at this point it would do more harm to Assad's position than help him. They leave the ISIS problem to the West it rebels groups whom it hopes to cut a peace deal with. While it deals the other rebel groups buying Assad some breathing room. Because once ISIS falls and that will very likely be this year, Assad will likely have to face the US/Turkish backed and armed SDF along with all the other rebels who will flock to join them.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Turkey looks to be attacking now. This will not end well for them.

www.superstation95.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Some more info -

Turkey and Saudi Arabia consider ground campaign in Syria following border strikes

The Turkish military has hit Kurdish and Syrian regime targets as Ankara considered a ground assault with Saudi troops, further complicating efforts to end the war just days after the US and Russia agreed on a “cessation of hostilities” in Syria within a week.

State-run news agency Anatolia said the armed forces shelled Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) targets around the town of Azaz, and also responded to regime fire on a Turkish military guard post in Turkey’s southern Hatay region.

click link for remainder.

ETA -
* - Saudi Arabia confirms sending jets to Turkey
edit on 13-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This almost has a like... gog/magog manufactured religious slave war feel to it.

Turkey is definately gog.

Saudi Arabia is evil as well, and has no right being the head of the UN Human Rights Council, and who put them there?
hmm. I think that's apparent to most though. The world has officially gone stark raving mad.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Turkey is the biggest provocateur in that part of world. Their intentions are concealed. Under the NATO shield , they are persuader of terrorism, criminal and active ISIS supporter. I hope one day EU and NATO will finally see what is in front of their eyes. NO Turkey in EU, Out Turkey from NATO !

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join