It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my road rage ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello. I'm Nat. As I sit here about to type this, my heart is just still thumping like crazy.

I hate driving with a passion. It scares me so bad. I drive slow and steady every where I go.. But today something happened. And before I get to it, I'm going to tell you a little about my history with vehicles and why they scare me.

I started driving at 17 and one month to the day after I got my license, I flipped my car upside down into a 20 foot ditch. I was okay but traumatized. Go on with life.. No wrecks, thank goodness, and I've been very fortunate. Then in 2014, on December 22, a lady slammed into the back of me while I was sitting at a stop light. I suffered sever whiplash and nothing else. I am still having problems with my neck. So anyway, everytime I get in any vehicle I get flashes of wrecks. I am just super nervous to drive and ride with folks. I have to over come my fear daily as I drive my boy to school and do my other daily tasks.

So back to today.. I was going to get gasoline for my car. I was in the Kroger parking lot. I was driving straight to the gasoline pumps. Over to my right are rows of parking spots. I see this car is coming up one of the rows, I think, surely she will stop, and she didn't. I slam my brakes and then she sees me and slams hers as well. She would have ran smack into my car if she hadn't noticed me. She was going to turn left in front of me. I drop my mouth open and say, oh my goodness, and I proceed to go straight cause now she's stopped. I did have to go around her a bit cause the front of her car was sticking out, and as I pass her, I look over, and she's flipping me off!!! My heart dropped and so did my mouth and I honked and immediately started to do a u-turn and follow her. In my rage, I just wanted to know why did she flip me off when it was clearly unnecessary to do so. She had almost ran into me. And I was furious as to that gesture.. And to be honest, really hurt(I'm super sensitive).

I know she probably saw me turn around and she sped up and was going quite fast down the road. She lost me at a red light.

I feel crazy. I'm thinking now, what the heck was I thinking doing something like that? I was so upset over a hand gesture that basically means f you, that I followed a stranger.. To get an answer as to why she would flip me off?
I shouldn't have let it bother me that bad, but I let it. I know that she also has her side of the story.. I wonder what it is...

Anyway, this was my road rage. I don't think it's very safe at all to follow anyone for any reason. I followed her in a rage thinking I was going to nicely ask her why she flipped me off?.. Hah! Okay, I have lost my mind.

I truly wish teleportation was available so I wouldn't have to drive ever again.

ETA: During this ordeal.. I told Siri to call one of my friends, I thought this chick would calm my crazy butt down, but no answer, then I told Siri to call my hubby and he didn't answer either, then I was stopped by a red light as she sped off.. I feel that was my sign to stop.

Much peace
-nat
edit on 4-2-2016 by natalia because: Added ETA

edit on 4-2-2016 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

LOL

It will pass. I know how you feel though. It's normal. I once had a guy in a pickup truck slide over the double line going around a corner in the mountains. I was on a motorcycle with flip flops shorts and a tank top. I was wearing a helmet at least. He came around the corner with no time for me to react other than to say to myself, "Oh no, this is going to suck." I just curled up the best I could and as he passed me his side mirror hit my shoulder and it knocked the mirror out. How it missed my foot pegs and me I have no idea.

So I stop pick up his mirror and follow him to where he stopped further down the road. I go to his window and the first thing he says to me is, "Wasn't my fault." That's when I just about lost it. You could see the tire marks clearly going over the line into my lane which is what I pointed out to him as I was yelling in his face all kinds of colorful words. All I really wanted was maybe a "sorry man" or "are you ok" but no, he has to start off trying to cover his ass!!!

It took a few hours to calm down but eventually it wears off. Just be thankful you came out of it fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Road rage can be dangerous. Never know if the other person is mentally stable and possibly violent. I always recommend chilling oneself out first before one flips the car around for hot pursuit and possible parking garage or intersection altercation.

Better safe than sorry. unless you or your passenger are Chuck Norris.

If you or your passenger ARE Chuck Norris then, it's them who should watch out

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Polar opposites, you and I.
I love to drive/ride.

Unfortunately, if you do either or, not only do you have to do your job, but you have to do theirs/others too.

Literally 1000's of times, I have experienced the same as you......
Somebody else clearly f's up, but you or I get the finger, horn, yelling out the window, followed, threatened and so on.

A couple things I keep in mind at all times.....
I'm the best driver in the world. So great, that I can afford to do others jobs as well.
And not everyone are wired the same.

If you have a clear conscience, you'll sleep well tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

"Flip flops, shorts and tank top"

You are the type I cap on, on a daily basis......but I wont.
Hopefully you don't do that anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can relate to your road rage and had a similar incident happen recently. I was in a left lane on an on ramp and the right line feeds into this lane. It was bumper to bumper and this lady started to merge into my lane. I was holding my ground and not going to let her in. She knew the lane ended and traffic was crazy. I don't know why, but I braked out of instinct. She cut in front of me and slammed her brakes to get me to run into her. She then proceeded to flip me off and drive as slow as she could. The traffic backed up and it took 10 times longer than it should have to get on the road.

I was livid, I pulled out my phone and took her picture. I knew I was powerless to do anything and that is what ticked me off the most. She drove a couple miles and pulled off. For days I stewed over this, I don't know why it hit me so hard.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh me oh my, you were lucky not to get hurt worse! People trying to cover their butt when they are in the wrong is quite frustrating. I'm calming down but still raging.. Haha!
Thanks for your story and response

Take it easy

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

If you or your passenger ARE Chuck Norris then, it's them who should watch out

Hahaha! Yes you def wouldn't want to mess with chuck in traffic. Lol

And yes I know it is so dangerous. I have no excuse for what I did and I assure you I will think next time. I'll wave like my friend says she does. I have waved at people before who have flipped me off, but today was just like woah. I lost it. I am going to try with all my might to keep my brain on straight as I can when that happens again.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

One of my friends told me that the reason this lady flipped me off was because she was in the wrong and trying to make herself feel better. I thought that was a good explanation. And ya know what, I am the best driver in the world and I will make sure everyone else drives good too..

I was riding with this friend today and this car was swerving in the next lane up ahead of us.. So my friend pulls up beside this car, and the girl inside driving was also texting. So she was watching the road and her phone.. So my friend beeps her horn and this chick looks straight at me and I hold my phone up and mouthed.."put your phone down and drive"... And I motioned my phone in a downward position..lol. She put her phone down but looked at me with such a blank stare, I just laughed. She had a vanity tag that said la la on it,
hehe.
Anyway, I have a very clear conscience so all is well on my sleeping end.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I drive around and just say under my breath.............dumb arse.

I'm sure I'm one of the dumb arses once in a while.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I had a bad car accident,at an intersection,back in 2006.My car was totaled
and I walked away with only a seat belt burn across my tummy.after that,I
was really jumpy about driving for a short time.I even froze in the driver's
seat of a car at the dealer ship.
I have gotten into road rage and it is not worth it.Someone was following
too close and when they passed me I did the unthinkable...I flipped them off.
Another time this old woman was following me way too close and I tried getting
away from her.I turned and then she turned and tried to pass me.Here's two
old grannies speeding down the street in road rage.I finally backed down and let
her go in front.
I am sorry about what happened and I hope you take control of your fear.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Yah, I know. But I wasn't on a ride or anything. Just a short trip down the road and back and I was up in the mountains where there is hardly any traffic.

But you're right and no I don't plan on doing it again. But I did have a full helmet on so at least that would have stayed in tact. Just the rest of me would have looked sort of minced up. I don't even want to think about the road rash that would have come from that either.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would be more concerned about how the finger made you so crazy.

I recommend to flip them off right back. Always worked for me.

You are now even...Carry on

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Yea see my friend told me not to let such things bother me. It was a waste of my energy to be so angry. She said in the time I took to turn around and follow her I could've been thinking of nice things to do with my boy this evening or thinking of how awesome this day has been. I guess that's what it is.. We feel powerless to do anything and that can be very upsetting.
Like today I have to realize I accomplished nothing except my own anger. I fed into my anger and let it take control. I will work on that if it happens again.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I drive around and just say under my breath.............dumb arse.

I'm sure I'm one of the dumb arses once in a while.

Hahaha! Well that's simple enough.

I know we aren't all perfect and mess up on the road at times.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Thanks! Wow glad you weren't hurt worse! I know just about everyone has had a wreck or near collision. I've stuck my tongue out a lady before and she just looked at me like what in the world. Hah.
I will take control of my fear and anger. I have the power to do so and thank you for your response

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Your friends explanation was most likely accurate. The ol 'Defense mechanism' hard at work.

Like drinking and driving,
Texting and driving don't mix neither.

Sleeping tonight....
My mom used to tell me,
"Sweet dreams and flying machines."

How can you be the best, when I am?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I would be more concerned about how the finger made you so crazy.

I recommend to flip them off right back. Always worked for me.

You are now even...Carry on

I have been sitting here asking that same question sir. I don't understand why a simple flip off made me so crazy. I usually would wave back or just move along. It startled me that I did what I did. Next time I'll just stick my tongue out or give the peace sign.. I didn't want to get even really. I just wanted her to know that she shouldn't have done that and I wanted to know why. Which is just not worth my time, I now realize.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i always smile politly.
the cacoon of a car seems to give some people a different attitude, you shouldnt take it personally.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Eeek! Don't do that again.

Find a better gesture to retaliate with next time. Rabbit teeth? Puffed cheeks? You must have some good faces you can pull?
Confuse her and she'll edge away timidly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join