It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I have seen my past life. Such knowledge did not bring me any more wisdom, nor happiness. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A guy like Edgar would not immediately jump back in the physical world.

Besides, they don't calculate time the same way as we do.

Our lifetimes are barely a blip in the spirit world.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Hmm, get the yellow pages and put it under your pillow, sleep on it and the answer may come to you, it worked for mr cayce apparently.

Joking aside I have heard of people under hypnotic trance (and cayce put himself into trances) whom could apparently read with there skin when writing was placed against it?.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Well, I am not Edgar Cayce, that brings the number of suspects down to, er, 7.4 bilion people only.

Glad to help

I'm not Edgar Cayce either, but if I was, you couldn't believe me because Edgar Cayce was a liar and he'd say that kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

According to everything I've read about the man, and I've read quite a lot, as my father was fan while I was growing up, and I've followed his research as a young adult, Edgar Cayce was a sincere man, a true healer who never charged a dollar and a devout Christian.

Although you may disagree with his philosophies you have no basis for calling him a liar.

edit on 4-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

According to everything I've read about the man, and I've read quite a lot, as my father was fan while I was growing up, and I've followed his research as a young adult, Edgar Cayce was a sincere man, a true healer who never charged a dollar and a devout Christian.

Although you may disagree with his philosophies you have no basis for calling him a liar.

It was said in jest - but we all have at some stage been loose with the truth. It's human.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It was said in jest - but we all have at some stage been loose with the truth. It's human.

But....Edgar Cayce didn't get "loose with the truth" to make a buck, impress people or have a little fun. Those were his actual visions, philosophies and beliefs. No joke!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

But....Edgar Cayce didn't get "loose with the truth" to make a buck, impress people or have a little fun. Those were his actual visions, philosophies and beliefs. No joke!

A lie is not qualified by how much advantage one takes. A lie is simply an untruth.

Then we could ask "quid est veritas?".

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I have seen my past life. Such knowledge did not bring me any more wisdom, nor happiness. Just saying.

and how did you achieve this? just curious

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

A lie is simply an untruth.

No, a lie is told to deceive.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

a lie is an illusion of truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

That's what I believe to be a more realistic understanding of the phenomenon: that our incarnations on Earth, their duration that is, is more or less comparable to the duration spent inbetween incarnations, or in the spooky afterlife so to speak. If there is a purpose to all this - & it doesn't take a genius to behold the patterns observable in all of nature around us: life, death & rebirth, then I think that it is a reasonable deduction to presume that isolate self-awareness (or the 'soul') would spend a reasonable amount of time in the afterlife to examine and contemplate the nature of the incarnation s/he just exited - so as also to perhaps 'set-up' things in a forthcoming incarnation: lessons to be learned, people to meet again - loved ones of former days & the reconciliation of unresolved grudges with enemies. Under that lens, I think that is pretty-much what 'karma' actually is.

anyhow xox
edit on 4-2-2016 by kissy princess because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen

a lie is an illusion of truth.

A LIE is a deliberate act of deception. It's not a mirage, an opinion or a suggestion.

To accuse someone who one merely disagrees with a viewpoint of a LIE or of LYING is intellectual dishonesty.

edit on 4-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

A lie is simply an untruth.

No, a lie is told to deceive.

I'll agree with that.

But a lie is not dependent upon the advantage taken in executing the deception.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Guten Morgen- Here is some more info. On the 3rd link is a link to a website run by Wynn Free who co-authored the book w/Mr. Wilcock.

jet.com...:ggl:media_a3:books_religion_spirituality_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15 &k_clickid=eb539bc8-799f-48b4-a617-718add08b64d&abkId=403-507100&gclid=CNLCl5DR4MoCFQJehgod0q0IQw

exopolitics.blogs.com...

bbsradio.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
and how did you achieve this? just curious

No techniques in particular. I just have memories I shouldn't have. Memories of my death - obviously something which did not happen in my current life.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

How did you see it?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Because he was enlightened and could choose when and if he wanted to come back to this plane?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I can imagine that the EC center would be a little annoying to someone who doesn't believe in it, but exhilarating for those that do.

The A.R.E. is a scam organisation, which fleeces the gullible.
In case you were wondering where most of Edgar's predictions are thesedays, well, the wrong ones are kept under lock and key and the half right ones are out for public release. Your problem is you have no scepticism and will believe anything in line with your imagination, regardless of the supporting evidence.

Are we still waiting for Cayce's Atlantean death ray which was supposed to materialise in the 1950s
was 1933 (year of the great depression) a good year, Edgar said it would be ?
Did California slide into the Ocean
was New York city destroyed ?
Is China a Christian country, Edgar said it would be by 1968

Your approach seems to be based on some twisted version of reality where Edgar Cayce wasn't a convicted criminal and where most of his predictions were accurate, the reverse is actually true..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

my approach is based on 2 personal psychics that I know, your approach seems to be based on skepticism and a narrow mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join