It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay 'Conversion Therapy' Group Banned In Jersey Is Operating in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, Im not gay; my next door neighbor is though, I am pretty sure therapy is not going to convert him here in the USA, OR Israel for that matter.

I find this article (I know there have been topics like this before on ATS) disturbing on many levels. AS long as my 'openly-gay' friends keep their (bedroom stories) doings out of our conversation, and not publically amplify to every one around that they are gay, I'm fine with them
they arent going to be magically converted either... If I were to ask any of them to go to therapy for the way they are wired, and flip teams, Im pretty sure that would be a deal breaker...

That being said, who has the right to try to change anyone's preference on gender/sex? Do they thin that Israel will be a success?

I just dont get it, if someone can explain this to me, I would really like to understand the thinking here.

he Orthodox Jewish nonprofit JONAH, which purports to help gay men become heterosexual, is operating in Israel after it was ordered closed by a court in New Jersey.
Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing has referred patients in Israel to some of the estimated 20 to 30 licensed psychologists and social workers and 50 non-licensed therapists who practice some form of conversion therapy in Israel, The Associated Press reported Thursday.
Among its clients are Orthodox Jewish teenagers from the United States who attend yeshivas and other post-high school programs in Israel.

L I N K E R

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Gotta feel for those indoctrinated enough to attend this group.

Self hate is a killer.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Telling a gay person to "pray the gay away" is about as effective as telling a Christian to stop being a sinner, it just doesn't work that way.
edit on 2/4/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Well, Im not gay

Really?!?!?! I've been reading your posts all wrong!

Just kidding!

Conversion therapy is one of the most revolting and ignorant practices anyone can do. It's difficult to conceive how someone would even think these places actually work when the statistical evidence shows absolutely no success whatsoever

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

That being said, who has the right to try to change anyone's preference on gender/sex? Do they thin that Israel will be a success?

I just dont get it, if someone can explain this to me, I would really like to understand the thinking here.

The basic issue is this; Believe it or not, there are places in the world that do not accept the American version of "rights" that all of us have been forced to accept, either by law or peer pressure. America is well known for its insistence in attempting to force its idea of human rights and "democracy" on the rest of the world. Of course there is some one-upmanship here as various other entities, such as the UN, have doubled down with their "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" that expands upon the American one, though it borrows heavily from the American Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence.

It wasn't all that long ago that even in America the liberal view on "being Gay" was that perhaps with a bit of therapy these guys could be put right and the conservative view was far harsher. But today, not only is "being gay" acceptable, but the transgender "community" believes it is perfectly acceptable for people to use the public restrooms they more closely identify with, regardless of their physical sex. And people like Bruce Jenner are lauded as heroes. Not only that, we have a Caucasian woman who "identifies as Black" and passed herself off that way. She's on the ATS home page. We have a 40 year old man who "identifies" with a 6 year old and a twenty-something who "identifies" with a cat, including hissing at dogs.

Our acceptance of being gay is a result of an intentional public relations campaign done by top notch PR firms whose goal was to "turn this around' and provide for acceptance of gayness, gay marriage, and LGBTt (better get 'em all in there!) rights. it's now enforced by militancy. Our acceptness of all this was not because of any enlightenment on the part of the populace; it was intentionally engineered.

There are places in the world that think this is kind of crazy, and it goes all the way back to the idea that "being gay" is some sort of genetic pre-disposition instead of caused by environmental issues and political correctness, which is not at all proven, breathless claims of discovering a "gay gene" notwithstanding. This "de-programming" angle has been used on cult religions as well. In America, that's illegal. You are free to join the Bob Jones cult and drink Kool-Aid because that is your right. We in America are "All In!" for everything. Even Martin Luther King is criticized for his "I have a dream" speech because he wasn't "inclusive" enough. There is no objective reason why we should be against polygamy. It's just a matter of time.

The fact is that American values often conflict with other peoples' values. Usually we are told we MUST accept other values. We're told "Islam is a peaceful religion," for example, despite the fact that polls show 20% of Muslims think jihad is okay.

Israel is a theocracy. Oh, it may be a "democratic theocracy," but it is still a theocracy. Businesses are certified Kosher. That they allow stuff we don't is none of our business, and we ought to butt out.

If you want to push for "equal rights" for trans-species cat-oriented people, by all means go ahead, but let's not keep trying to tell the rest of the world what to do, because they don't like it, and that has a whole lot to do with the reputation the United States "enjoys" these days as well.

edit on 2/4/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Bhaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have (not to be overly persona) twin sisters, they are both gay- they knew at the age of about 11 that they were different; they came out of the closet (to me) @ age 13... one is married now, the other is not..

I am still under the belief that we are born with that predetermined and it is what it is...

I've never been homophobic,(sure I get hit on all the time/ s a r c ) I could not imagine anyone trying to change my entirety...

thanks for posting ! ! !

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh dear,

Wherever the God book goes, silliness and irrational behavior follows.

Having 'survived' one of the Christian versions of these conversion therapy groups, I can hand on heart say they are bull#.

Their method is as simple as it is toxic;

1) Make sure you believe God hates your gayness
2) Reinforce over and over that gayness leads to eternal damnation
3)Pretend you like girls (or boys) in order to please God
4)Believe that every time your natural sexuality shows itself (which is like 1000 times a day because you're fighting it) it is the Devil talking to you and that you must ignore him at all costs to avoid hell fire.

top topics

join