It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android vs iPhone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonaMonina
a reply to: missedinformation

Yep, why not. But what do you like the most ?

my meizu mx4 ubuntu edition but that is offtopic

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: missedinformation

I googled it . It looks interesting that Meizu mx4, very modern design.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I had android for a few years: htc desire, Samsung Galaxy S3. But switched to an iPhone 6 after using an iPhone 4S for a while.

One thing I can say for iPhone is that the apps store is brilliant.
Seamless integration of the iCloud services and other I devices such as my iPad.

Things I dislike about it is the closed source.
You can't do anything with your device. It's rather safe but try getting some music or ringtones on your phone and you'll start cussing soon enough.
Apple forces you to buy everything because it's easy.
The iTunes Store works great but I have my own music collection and I want to put it on my phone -> I'm forced into using ITunes to sync.

This iPhone 6 got plenty of updates, which is nice. But I've noticed that Apple is introducing new bugs or issues with each update. Something that didn't happen when Steve Jobs was still here.
My phone got considerably slower now after all these updates. I've tried all update even the iOS 9.3 beta.

This was a point where iOS was superior compared to android. Not anymore in my opinion.
But I'm very sensitive to the slightest hiccup so this might be perception.

As for android: you can do basically anything you want on your phone.
You want to add movies, mp3s, ringrones? Just drop them in a folder and you're ready to go.
Received some files via mail? You save them directly on your phone.

I moved away from the Samsung Galaxy S3 because it got really slow after only a few months.
Now there are multiple options available: LG, Motorola, nexus range, Sony, etc.
All great alternative manufactures.

Tldr: android if you want an open system without much limitations and many options and tweaks.
iOS if you want seamless integration of the Apple services and an os that just works.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I personally prefer Android phones because the cables are mostly universal. I can use my Samsung charger with my htc phone. Also I just checked and I can use my PS4 charging cable with it as well. Although, I hear that Iphones are more "user friendly".

Try changing a screen on a 3gs Iphone - user friendly not with all the cheap parts flooding the market that do not fit properly . i spent 2 hours trying to change a screen and home button on the user friendly IPHONE 3

Lucky i had a spare to gut

Apple suck at making phones error 53 what a joke

Maybe a good system but not good at phone manufacture

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
But for example I want to buy an used iPhone, how I can know is t original or stolen ? What does iCloud mean ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join