It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android vs iPhone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Had both and without question can say ANDROID!

Hate apple especially after I lost years of music collection on their poxy iTunes and unable to get it back again..
The only benefit with iphone for me is rhe ease of downloading podcasts..

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I absolutely loathe ITunes,

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I use my phone extensively for work so I prefer the Android since I can access Outlook, Excel, Concur and Salesforce easier.

edit on 4-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'd say each has their benefits, and drawbacks. But being able to add more memory to your device by inserting a bigger SD card wins the contest for me. I'm stuck on a 8 gig iPhone 4s from work, and of that 8 gig it let me have 6. After the latest updates I get 5 now. Only way to increase it,, hit the thing with a hammer and buy a new one.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yeah my last phone, which I just lost about two months ago, I put in a 64 Gig chip with tons of music and other stuff.

I didn't want the phone back just the chip but it's gone...

I know, I know, "Cloud" but meh...

link   
Andoird. Emulator games so you can show off your handheld GB, GBC, or GBA. File transferring on PC is faster and better. Optimized applications for anything. Smarter than smart.
IPhone is great too but for texts, calls, videos, surfing web. Barely any good apps.
Iphone isn't do well now that, the family and friends of Steve Jobs ridicule him for such a new revolutioned phone.that time could've been wasted on make his product better..
Without iphone, Android wouldn't exist.

link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

PC and Android for me as well.
They go together like cheese and wine.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's been a world of Apple for me for the past 19 years (as a creative professional). All my Apple stuff works together seamlessly. Thus, iphone all the way.

Although I still wish they'd make a smaller one (I know they are scheduled to release one, but it's nerfed, so lame). But yeah, I don't need a clumsy huge tablet in my pocket that also wants to be a phone.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

PC and Android for me as well.
They go together like cheese and wine.

Linux and Android are even better.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was a PC guy for decades and made the switch to Apple about 9 years ago.

The Iphone makes sense esp if you have other apple stuff. Its really geared towards an ecosystem and works best as such IMHO. Since our whole house hold is Apple it works well and seamless

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Android: Because I like to know EXACTLY what my device is doing.

Once your Iphone is compromised, what other devices that you own are as well? Seems like a terrible idea.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Android. Learn yourself some Java and custom roll your own Android OS.

Haven't ever been a big fan of Apple Products, just a tiny bit jealous that they have some high end audio gear that only works on Mac, but beyond that iPhone's haven't ever really impressed me.

Android is like the all you can eat buffet and create your meal, where as iPhone/Mac is like the high end restaurant where you order from a menu and your food comes out on a 12" plate and food only covers a 3" section of it.

So I'd say:

Android = Functionality, Customization, Bang for the Buck
iPhone = Presentation, Stability

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

WOW, I remember my first 286!

then my Pentium 75. rofl....

besides, I would never own a phone that I could replace my own battery- also my clients have to put their credit card in the apple store (do they still make people do that)?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Linux and Android are even better.

When they make Linux spreadable, it will even make the PB&J better...book it.

Every single desktop in my company runs on Linux.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
CyanogenMod Droid

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I prefer a windows PC over Mac for my desktop.

Everything else, the tablet, phones and streaming device are all iOS and they tend to work flawlessly right out of the box.

I would say if its for yourself or somebody that is marginally computer literate and likes to tinker Android is for you.

If you want a network where a number of devices communicate with each without much fuss then you should at least look at the Apple ecosystem.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Neither. I get by with my dumb phone just fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MonaMonina
I have been an android user for years I used to make fun of iphone users until my gf bought me a 6s for xmas. I love using the iphone so much more then android the ios runs so much faster the apps and games are way better.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
iPhone!
Android has far more security flaws and there will be no firmware-updates EVER.

And to people who claim to know everything what their android does: what is your value for the RUE-variable? Oh, you don't know? What a pity. But hey, it works nonetheless, right?

Right?
Flawless.

Oh, and I like the usability of the iPhone. Try it on your own.
What I don't like is the snobism of Apple. But Google ain't better in that..

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I just yell at people these days.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join