It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Jose Organics pot club officials indicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Holy Gonja~ smoke Batman!!!!! 25K a day in sales! Man, these clowns are the reason that the rest of the upstanding businesses, that practice and abide by the tax/employee laws are picked to pieces by the feds.

simple math - - - > this is 500K per month in sales, a 6MILL dollar per year outfit!!! The article goes on to say, that the owner can face up to 46yrs, and the Mgr. 23yrs, and the Secretary 10yrs..

Greed, or just a slight oversite? nawwwwww

At the end of the day, they could have just paid their damn taxes...

HomeBreaking NewsStory
San Jose Organics pot club officials indicted
By John [email protected]
POSTED: 02/04/2016 10:30:18 AM PST1 COMMENT| UPDATED: ABOUT 3 HOURS AGO
SAN JOSE -- The owner and two associates at what prosecutors called a "scofflaw" San Jose marijuana dispensary have been indicted by a criminal grand jury this week on felony drug, fraud and money laundering charges, prosecutors announced Thursday.

The San Jose Organics officials allegedly failed to pay over $2 million in taxes to the state and city, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's office, which has charged them with illegal sales of marijuana, tax fraud, insurance fraud, worker's compensation fraud, and money laundering.

"People like these defendants are profiteers exploiting the medical marijuana laws," prosecutor Edward Liang said in a news statement. "They do this, while at the same time ignoring laws that every other business in California is required to follow."

The dispensary appears to have since closed. No one answered the San Jose Organics phone and the owners were not immediately available for comment.

Authorities raided the dispensary on Tully Road in July and arrested the men. Evidence allegedly showed that the dispensary was bringing in $25,000 a day in sales.

L I N K Y

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can't understand why people who make so much profit make such idiotic decisions like tax evasion. How can the risk possibly be worth it?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

IKR? I can tell you this; as a business (small scale) business, I have personally been audited 4 times. I think I will purchase land and grow some wacky weed
there is big bucks in the green!

thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I think it should be grown and distributed as a non-profit making exercise myself.

Pot for the sake of pot requires no tax paperwork.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
One problem in the industry is the class of drug Cannabis falls under. The shops cannot use banks, credit card purchases or check so that makes it a cash only business and more prone to tax evasion. Cannabis needs to be rescheduled , it is not heroine or coc aine but is scheduled as the same. This also suppresses the medical studies on cbd and thc. If Obama was worth a crap he would reschedule. Even Ted Cruz wants to reschedule and he sucks, what is the problem, are Bernie and Trump the only others wanting to do something about this ?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
I can't understand why people who make so much profit make such idiotic decisions like tax evasion. How can the risk possibly be worth it?

Reminds me of that little company called Google....

£8bn-a-year in Google postbox: Inside giant’s secret Bermuda haven
— No office, employees or sign, just a tiny lock-up
— They use it to funnel fortune on zero-tax isle

www.thesun.co.uk... /homepage/news/6897952/8bn-a-year-in-Google-postbox-Inside-their-secret-Bermuda-haven.html

edit on 4-2-2016 by CraftBuilder because: Repaired cat on keyboard malfunction.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Honestly, who knows though?

According to the article they've also charged them with quote "felony drug charges", which if I was going to assume, is a federal trafficking charge... is there even any evidence that they were selling to people without medical cards?

This could just be a federal agency not abiding by Obama's orders of respecting state cannabis laws, by totally stitching up some vendor who was actually complying with state laws.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

Yes, but that is a loophole, not technically illegal (I think)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A G R E E D ! ! ! ! ! I once proposed to my congressman; lets make it legal and fax the tuck out of it- say, 50% tax... I would pay it, so would everyone else. You would get a better product, different strains and KNOW you are getting quality product

Thanks for posting True

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Google, Starbucks and Amazon dont exactly pony up when it comes to paying there taxes and they dont seem to be threatened with gaol terms of 46 years. Why should this outfit be any different?
edit on 4-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

Yes, but that is a loophole, not technically illegal (I think)

Still, a risky, immoral, greed based one.

edit on 4-2-2016 by CraftBuilder because: typo.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They are breaking freaking federal law! Just like those people occupying the refuge in Oregon. Federal Law! But because the president told them to back off on the states that have passed marijuana laws, some get to make the money while others don't. See how that works?
How can the president okay violating federal laws? Who gave him that power? See the craziness here?
Same with "Sanctuary Cities" that are breaking federal laws by accommodating illegal aliens in violation of federal laws.
Why then, aren't the FBEyes surrounding all these places with SWAT and tanks?
Doesn't it give anybody a clue that federal law is ignored when politically expedient and enforced on the whim of the party in power?
In this case it smells like somebody didn't pay off the right folks.

new topics

top topics

join