It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meadia, Iraq and Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Does anyone find it disturbing that, the media says the Amercian public is to squemsih to see the dead in Iraq. Yet they show dead bodies and video of people getting hit by the Tsunami?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well perhaps because the deaths in the Tsunami were not the fault of the administration that is why.

It's not good, for public opinion to show what the war of liberation in Iraq is doing to the Iraqi people.

And yes I kind of find it disturbing and very much bias.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i avoid tel-lie-vision like the plague and download and listen to democracynow etc. Had a good interview with some guy from achei talking about the military hijacking a lot of the aid that the pulic are been made to donate from seeing all these horrific images on the tv.

flashpoints news is also decent for hearing news on iraq. Dhal jamal is likt the last independent reporter in iraq now, and he tells the truth on it.

Another good report is "5 mins from palestine".

all are accessible on shoutcast plugin for winamp which accesses loadsa radio stations. Put in radical radio, it puts out all those stations and more 24/7. There are also plugins to rip the stream ,and this is all LEGAL.

indy media rules!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
dude, the title of your thread is spelt M E D I A . Maybe you should check the spelling before u create an entire thread title spelt incorrectly.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Marg, could you try and pull your head out of your rhetoric factory? Have you noticed that in no time we weren't allowed to see any footage of the dropping of the towers? Why? Because it might cause us to not like those who with us dead, that was their reasoning. Now, they wish us to give our money to those who have drawn some bad luck. You've seen them on TV, wearing bin Laden shirts.
Don't take that wrong, regardless of how they feel about us I believe we should help them, and we are in staggering sums, but your "Bush is the devil" crap is not only getting sickeningly old, it is also diminishing the power of the numerous factual reasons to talk about him.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Marg, could you try and pull your head out of your rhetoric factory? Have you noticed that in no time we weren't allowed to see any footage of the dropping of the towers? Why? Because it might cause us to not like those who with us dead, that was their reasoning.

If thats a picture of Marg in her avatar, then her head looks pretty damn fine the way it is. Id say if anyone needed to pull their head out of the rhetoric factory it would be you, Thomas Crowne. Trying to imply all the tsunami victims in need of aid are all fashioning OBL T-shirts and Al queda merchandise.

Listen bro, as nice and simple as your ideas are, im sure theres a far better reason for not showing the sept 11th footage than the one you put forward. Something to do with WTC 7 perhaps? How about so as not to upset people? After all over 3,000 people died when those buildings fell. I would say people arent going to like whoever knocked the towers down regardless of how much the footage is shown. Could i take this opportunity to ask you who you think actually knocked the towers down?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yes, that is Marg, and she is as pretty as can be, and is as about as nice as they come, too. She does have a problem with the "Bush is the wreck of the world!" rhetoric, and offers nothing of substance. You see, that is where the difference is; reasonable discussion, exchanging ideas and weighing rational thoughts, compared to blurting out mind-controlled diatribe that means nothing but "I hate ####" fill in the blank.
I don't care if it would be Bush, Kerry, or even you PM, it makes no difference. Are you following me.

Now, just as you might not have been paying attention to when they connected the dots to Afghanistan, you might not have been following the news when they even said they would no longer show the footage because they claimed they were afraid people would go out and lynch a Moslim in Downtown, USA.

Who do I think knocked the towers down? Here, I have an idea; watch Dr. Strangelove, and listen to the answer Col "Bat" Guano gives G/C Lionel Mandrake when asked what he thought was going on.

But in short, no, I do not believe the government flew the planes into the towers, no, I do not believe charges were needed to drop the towers (eco-idiots ensured they would drop years ago with the banning of asbestos. They dropped just as the engineers said they would), and no, I know that Bush didn't have bin Laden and his family flown out of country, and yes, I believe Bush is smart enough to have actually been reading that children's book the day of the incident. Not much smarter, but at least that smart.

Cheney, on the other hand, is a likely evil-doer. It is false that he has heart troubles. How can he?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Cheney, on the other hand, is a likely evil-doer. It is false that he has heart troubles. How can he?

So you do aknowledge chainey was guilty of ordering war games on the day of September the 11th for the purpose of disorientating the FAA and others?

Doesnt any Chainy involvement at all implicate the government straight away?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I do not admit that Cheney is implicated in the 9/11 incident, only that he is a member in good standing of the higher levels of the groups that control the onsgoings of this government as well as yours. As a matter of fact, if there was such manipulation, it would be more on your country than mine as the grandpa of the organizations is yours. Aside from that, there is nothing but conjecture, and conjecture don't feed the bulldog.

I'm going to bed now. Have a good day on your side of the pond. Talk to you tomorrow, God willin' the creek don't rise and Cheney don't get us all kilt slap ta death in the mean time!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hehe
Peace tom, and good night. Its been an interesting conversation.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thomas I think you are confused by Mr. Bush advertisment on 9/11 afhganistan and Iraq.

We are talking about Iraq, and the media.

See for some reason Mr. Bush has gotten away with mixing the all three of them to get people confused about what in the heck he is doing in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Pardon my typing if it seems askewed, Marg, again you attempt to fog my brain with an avatar that makes my mind wander.

I am aware of what the conversation is about, and I also notice that the liberal media controls the film footage and uses imagery to manipulate our passion.

It is not good when images might motivate the populace to back a war that was brought to us, not us wanting it.
It is good when the images motivate the populace to reach deep into its pockets to pay for the rebuilding of nations that are damaged by natural occurances.

Images should not be used one way or another; they should be used to report the news. That is all.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
whats annoying is how they are using the tragedy to advance jeb bush's popularity and in uk, so i hear, The prince (William?) is shown volunteering etc

All about advancing their agenda. Only reason i dont like Prince William is because he was seen doing that devil sign that bush, clinton etc, are all into making.

is the media still showing the tsunami consequencies? Is anyone talking about the phillapine military hijacking aid trucks or not?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
They'll show anything they can to get "the war on terror" and "operation freedom" out of the headlines for as long as possible.
showing dead asains is better than showing dead american's/innocent civilians.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree ohgr, I think that the media knows that if they show the dead in Iraq, will bring about a call to end the war now. The less you see and hear about Iraq, the better for the White House, and corporate sponsors.. I also think it is a tragedy that they don’t give the young soldiers the proper headlined they deserve. Just the other day I picked up the paper and 9 soldiers where killed in Iraq that morning and the article was on the back page. Cable news mentions it and then goes right into the tsunami footage. I mean give these men and women the respect, they deserve. They died for our country!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
umm, whats the problem here kids? ever take a psycology class? one of the experiments is to remove a student in the first 60 seconds of class and then begin teaching. in 5 minutes have everyone write a descrition of the person. less than half the class will get it right.

whats my point? so is it with the media. you get 5 reporters you get 5 stories, 3 similar, one disimilar, and one off the wall or off the topic. its our jobs as intelligent human beings to decifer the truth from the bs. the media plays what you watch most. they have a company called neilson media (sp? sorry) who records what you watch and reports it back to the companies showing it. if nobody watched the biased stupid news then the biased stupid news would be replaced by something more profitable. we have the internet and all kinds of media to get our information from. believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I agree with you. I think it is shameful though that our news is not really news. You have to go to 5 different sources to get the right story.

top topics

join