It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Hillary's Painful Answer For Why She Took $675,000 For Goldman Sachs Speeches

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Last night Hillary was on a CNN Q&A session in New Hampshire.

The Moderator asked her about the fact that she accepted $675,000 from the big Wall Street investment bank Goldman Sachs for some "speeches".

She seemed "startled" (all part of the scripted sympathy act) and then gave two absolute gem answers.

Hard to understand Democrats who are out in droves voting for her obvious big bank agenda.

I guess people think they can get a piece of that action if they vote for Hillary?

Watch: Hillary's Painful Answer For Why She Took $675,000 For Goldman Sachs Speeches

It certainly wasn't her finest moment and critics are pouncing.

During Wednesday evening's Democratic townhall on CNN, Hillary Clinton was asked a question by moderator Anderson Cooper that, considering the bizarre answer she gave, she may not have been prepared for.

"One of the things that Senator Sanders points to and your critics point to is you gave three speeches to Goldman Sachs, you were paid $675,000," Cooper said to Clinton. "Was that a mistake? Was that an error in judgement?"

"Well, I dunno," Clinton responded. "That’s what they offered." The answer elicited a laugh from the audience as Hillary continued to stammer through a rambling rationale, adding that she didn't know she was going to run for president at the time she gave the speeches.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
She took it because she is greedy, and no amount of wealth will ever be enough for this troll of a woman.
And she knows that IF she gets to be president there will be plenty more where that came from.
edit on 4110000002 by JHumm because: she is greedy

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A person who is honest would say something along the lines of, 'I took it because I wanted to maximize my earning potential', but she is so busy trying to convince people she is 'average' just like them that the simple fact of owning up to her past is probably the furthest thing down the list.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Where do I sign up to give speeches that pay over half a million dollars? I have a lot to say, pay me and I'll say it all. When does my day come that I can get paid stupid amounts of money and call myself a "consultant"?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Where do I sign up to give speeches that pay over half a million dollars?

You will need a foundation that helps grease the skids for your business partners otherwise you are relegated to the street corner with the people proclaiming the eminent arrival of the apocalypse.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: eXia7

Where do I sign up to give speeches that pay over half a million dollars?

You will need a foundation that helps grease the skids for your business partners otherwise you are relegated to the street corner with the people proclaiming the eminent arrival of the apocalypse.

Oh I see now, thanks for the tip.

*smh*

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You don't have to hate corporations and banks to be a democrat. You just have to say you hate them.

+8 more 
link   
Why does anyone like her??? It's so beyond me.

link   
I want to see the videos of the speeches she gave to GS. I bet that would be gold enough to sink her in the eyes of many. Unfortunately if they were public there would be those who would still vote for her thinking that she would go after the banks and make life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness much easier for the working people.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"I dunno", she seems awful foaksy.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Why does anyone like her???

Blind ignorance.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A person who is honest would say something along the lines of, 'I took it because I wanted to maximize my earning potential', but she is so busy trying to convince people she is 'average' just like them that the simple fact of owning up to her past is probably the furthest thing down the list.

A person who was honest likely wouldn't be in politics.

Just sayin.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

or, if she were any kind of a decent human being, she could have turned around and donated that amount, or up to 90% of it to families in need in the city she gave the speeches. It would have earned serious brownie points for her campaign , character in general and more people would probably believe her claims to be working and caring for the average American citizen. We know rich greedy politicians don't do that though.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
She took because they brought her.

It basically a Bribe!

Actually no not basically It is a GD bribe.

Why I always check a politicians finance backers before I vote for them.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
or, if she were any kind of a decent human being, she could have turned around and donated that amount, or up to 90% of it to families in need in the city she gave the speeches.

She could have done that but I would not have criticized her for keeping it since I think the majority of people would have accepted the money as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm still have no idea who to vote for. However, I know for certain who I don't want to see as president. Please keep Hillary and Bill away from the White House. I don't understand how anyone could justify voting for her.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm reading 1984 right now and boy Orwell saw it coming. Hillary is the ultra doublethink candidate.

For those who haven't read 1984, which is great and thought provoking here is what Orwell resents as doublespeak. "to tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing them, to forget any fact that becomes inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies."

It's quite shocking reading 1984 and seeing the synchronicity of today.
edit on 4-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
She's almost as bad as the Republicans who are proud of the money that backs them.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

If you think the sources of money is vastly different for either side of the aisle then you are kidding yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
BUT HILLARY LOVES ME & ONLY WANTS THE BEST FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!1!1

/barf

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join