It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've found lists on google 'top 10 secret societies' but there just 'cults' (no secret societies just bunch of people that seem to know nothing about the occult)

I was hoping to get a list of secret societies and maybe a paragraph about them...everything I found online in rubbish.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234
Here's one:

Skull and Bones society of Yale University

On Feb. 17, the 100th anniversary of Geronimo's death, descendants of the Apache warrior filed a federal lawsuit against the secretive Skull and Bones society of Yale University demanding that the group — which it claims is in possession of Geronimo's remains — return them to his family. "I believe strongly from my heart that his spirit was never released," Geronimo's great-grandson Haryln Geronimo, 61, told the National Press Club.

As legend has it, Prescott S. Bush — the father of President George H.W. Bush and grandfather to President George W. Bush — dug up Geronimo's grave in 1918 with the help of several other "Bonesmen," as members of the society are known, and stole the warrior's skull, two bones and some riding gear from his grave at Fort Sill, Okla. The society allegedly put the remains on display at the "The Tomb," an imposing, windowless crypt in New Haven, Conn. that has served as the group's headquarters since its founding in 1832.
content.time.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Don't know where youre looking, but I suggest its in none of the right places, nor are you looking hard enough. There are sites dedicated solely to these...and NO they are not "cults".

I just did a fast search at Google, Bing and ASK and found pages and pages of and about "secret societies" ...and dedicated to specifically these... both by group, grouped and individually.

But, Im not doing the research for you. You just arent looking...

Good luck though....*

*Dictionaries define the words "societies" and "cults" vastly different...and hardly the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Btw: Societies we know of, cease to be a secret.
Therefor I do not have any list.

Why not change the name to:
Stupid Elitist Bastards Club?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've found lists on google 'top 10 secret societies'

They are not very secret if they are to be in a top-ten list!

The secret (drinking) society I was a member of is not on the internet. It was the "Chicken Farmers".

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've found lists on google 'top 10 secret societies' but there just 'cults' (no secret societies just bunch of people that seem to know nothing about the occult)

I was hoping to get a list of secret societies and maybe a paragraph about them...everything I found online in rubbish.

Might you share your motive in wishing to acquire such a list?

Best,

Kev

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just group them all into 'Hell Club'; because that is where their members' spirits are all going to go when their bodies die.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha
Why is that?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: Rapha
Why is that?

Because The 666 Is To Be Torn Into Three.......
You Get The Lion's Share In And After The Particular Requisite... Which Is 2/3
And Diablo Gets Just One Which He Must Divide With God.

So... Since You Won't Earn Your Two Sixes... You Go To Hell Club To Pay Back The Triple Double. To Diablo.
edit on 5-2-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I didn't realize Bohemian Grove was a secret society but this site list's it as #7 and one of the top 10.
I thought it only a gathering place. Freemasonry #8 on the list. How bout that? Whoda thought the Masons would be #8?
Top Ten Secret Societies

And why on earth would the almighty Templars be last on the list?

edit on 6-2-2016 by Voyager1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What is this symbol? It's my grandfathers.

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What is this symbol?

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Parker201623

I'm sorry but the image link you sent isn't working :/

new topics

top topics