It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marco Rubio Slams Obama's Speech On Fighting Islamophobia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Currently, the Jews are still the most hated, so he should be worried about reducing hate crimes against them if he's worried about the hate crimes against Muslims.

Obama has had PLENTY to say about antisemitism! And he's visited synagogues, too! Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean he hasn't done it. Do some research! To repeat what windword said, your righteous indignation is baseless!

And if the only reason Obama cares is because he can score political points,

HE'S NOT RUNNING!!!! What does he need 'points' for???

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Either it's an issue or it's not and we should stop it or not.

You're merely deflecting. No one is publicizing antisemitism during this Presidential campaign, as a talking point. No one is singling out Jews to gain favor with the American people in order to get votes in such a way that the President of The United States feels the needs to publically counter Republican American sentiment.

edit on 4-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Between 2010 and 2012, lawmakers in at least 32 states introduced bills to restrict the circumstances in which state courts can consider foreign or religious laws in their decisions. During this period, six states – Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Tennessee – enacted such bills into law. The Oklahoma law, which explicitly banned judicial consideration of Islamic law (or sharia), was struck down in 2010 when a federal district court ruled that the law infringed upon Muslims’ constitutional rights. The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the district court’s decision on the Oklahoma law in January 2012. The other five states still have their restrictions on judicial consideration of foreign or religious law on the books.

The laws enacted in Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Dakota and Tennessee have broader, more neutral language than the 2010 Oklahoma law and do not mention sharia or other religious laws by name. Indeed, only 21 of the 92 bills introduced between 2010 and 2012 cite sharia or other religious laws directly.

www.pewforum.org...

In a lot of cases these laws are directed at any religious law system.
edit on 4-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Obama has had PLENTY to say about antisemitism! And he's visited synagogues, too! Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean he hasn't done it. Do some research!

Yes, seems he indeed goes around telling specific population groups how much they are hated by the rest of the country.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In other words, he's scoring political points.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Yes, seems he indeed goes around telling specific population groups how much they are hated by the rest of the country.

If you're talking about his speech at the mosque, trust me, they don't have to be told how much they are hated. It's quite obvious to them in light of the support that haters like Trump are receiving.

And can you quote from Obama's speech where he told them that they were hated by the rest of the country?

I find your posts incomplete and somewhat difficult to comprehend. If I don't respond, that is the reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

LOL Scoring political points with who? He's not running anymore. You understand that, right? So he clearly doesn't need "points" with American Muslims. Besides, if he was actually trying to "score political points" with us, he could stop bombing Muslim countries, help the Palestinians get a strong & independent nation, and stop supporting the Wahhabi regimes in the Middle East. If he placed sanctions & arms embargoes on the Saudi & Qatari powerbrokers who arm & support Wahhabi groups, that would go a lot further with us than simply showing up at a mosque.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

In other words, he's scoring political points.

Like how Donald Trump scored political points when he suggested banning Muslim immigration? Or how Ben CArson suggested that Muslims hold anti-American beliefs, and therefore was disqualified to be President, or how Jeb! Bush suggested that only Christians should be allowed to immigrate to the US?

Like those political points?

Too bad Obama's a "Lame Duck", not running for anything and doesn't need to score any political points.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Freedom of religion means that I have just as much of a right to practice my religion as an Amish person, Hasidic Jewish person, or any other religious follower. Banning it is clearly unconstitutional.

It clearly is not. 7 states have already adopted such legislation.

Who are you or any other people to tell me it's illegal for me to pray, to give to charity, or to fast during Ramadan?

Playing the victim. You know this is not what these laws are against.

Because all of those are requirements for Muslims under Shariah law.

Congratulations.

Shariah law also forbids us from lying, stealing, fighting except in self defense,

There already are laws in place. If the situation in America is not satisfactory, you can always move to the ME.

I'd still practice my religion, even if/when "Sharia law" is declared illegal.

These laws are clearly not about restricting your right to freedom of religion.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I find your posts incomplete and somewhat difficult to comprehend. If I don't respond, that is the reason

Do I need to dumb it down?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If you're talking about his speech at the mosque, trust me, they don't have to be told how much they are hated. It's quite obvious to them in light of the support that haters like Trump are receiving.

I bet you couldn't find a single quote of Trump's saying he hates Muslims. In fact he's stated the exact opposite. But that's how lies work: they become truth through sheer repetition.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I bet you couldn't find a single quote of Trump's saying he hates Muslims. In fact he's stated the exact opposite. But that's how lies work: they become truth through sheer repetition.

Yes that's how lies work alright.

Donald Trumps Claims 'Many Muslim Friends' Agree With Him

Donald Trump: My Muslim Friends Are ‘So Happy I Did This’

Donald Trump: My relationship with the Muslim community is EXCELLENT

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes that's how lies work alright.

Do you have anything falsifying his claim?

Of course not. You haven't heard Trump say anything hateful against Muslims, because he hasn't said anything hateful against Muslims. In fact, you've heard the opposite.
edit on 4-2-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Do you have anything falsifying his claim?

Which claims? That the Muslim community loves him or that he actually has Muslim friends that agree with his rhetoric?

How's this? I can't prove that Trump has any friends, let alone Muslim ones.

Muslims React With Worry, Humor to Trump’s Muslim Ban

WASHINGTON/NEWARK, NJ—
Muslims in the U.S. and around the world have condemned as un-American a proposal by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to ban Muslims from entering the United States.

On Monday, Trump called for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

Dr. Ahmad Jaber, president of the Arab-American Association of New York and Dawood Mosque, on Tuesday called Trump’s rhetoric “un-American” and said it was outrageous that “bashing Muslims and Islam” had become a political norm.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Which claims? That the Muslim community loves him or that he actually has Muslim friends that agree with his rhetoric?

How's this? I can't prove that Trump has any friends, let alone Muslim ones.

Any of them, frankly.

You implied his "Muslim friend" claim was lies, yet none of what you shared falsifies his claims, just like none of what anyone else shares proves he hates Muslims. It's nonsense. It's lies. It's disinformation.

Which side are you going to take... Truth or falsity?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

none of what you shared falsifies his claims

Yes, it most certainly did! Trump claimed that he has an excellent relationship with the "Muslim Community". He does not!

Whether Trump has "Muslim Friends".........Well, that's a pretty cliche saying for bigoted mouths. Don't be obtuse and do the math yourself!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

So what?

You responded to me making the claim that your First Amendement already prohibits Sharia law. It doesn't, like I just showed you.

Any feedback on that?

I clearly wrote more than just "so what?" in that response to you. How about addressing that before pretending like I didn't address your points?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It should be noted that hate crimes of any type is appalling. The rise in anti-muslim hate is frightening and could get out of hand. But the anti-muslim hate and rhetoric, no matter how stupid and unwarranted, is the direct result of Islamic terrorism. Anti-Muslim sentiment rises and falls with Islamic terrorism.

I'd say it is a direct result of fearmongering from the right wing media and the Republican politicians. Terrorism is VERY low on the danger scale to Americans. EXTREMELY low. ESPECIALLY Muslim terrorism. You should fear domestic terrorism from white people more than Muslim terrorism to be honest.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

I don't see anything wrong there. Sharia law isn't unconstitutional. It is an optional set of laws that Muslims can choose to follow, but if they do they also have to follow US laws first. Sharia law is an application of freedom of religion. I already pointed out parallels to Sharia Law with the Amish and Jewish communities who also practice their own religious law doctrines within the country.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I clearly wrote more than just "so what?" in that response to you.

Yes, I proved you wrong regarding the First Amendement and you said "so what" and then changed the subject.

You didn't address any point I made in that post.

But to address your point, I already mentioned this,

The laws enacted in Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Dakota and Tennessee have broader, more neutral language than the 2010 Oklahoma law and do not mention sharia or other religious laws by name. Indeed, only 21 of the 92 bills introduced between 2010 and 2012 cite sharia or other religious laws directly.

These laws are directed at religious laws in general, not only at Sharia.

The reason Sharia is singled out more often is because it's crazy. These guys talking about chopping of hands and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join