It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pointless

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There will never be another revolution.

No uprising. No taking back our freedoms.

Specifics and circumstances aside, an alienated group took a stand against big brother, and look at the response.

Honestly, people are just too complacent and that's that.

When few have the courage to take a stand for anything, all they get from the general public is insulted, shunned.

Be quiet and keep going straight, or you'll get yours.

Everyone talks a big game about uprising, standing for their beliefs, principals etc. only when it directly involves them.

Everyone is content with sitting back and watching the world burn.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

I'm not.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think most people realise they will lose more of their freedoms by trying to take their freedoms back and that they won't be as free if the current system is removed.

A little cryptic, but obvious when you think about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I would not say that, you just need a conspiring general that don't like the current situation and feels he may get support to have a revolution, its not like it have not happen before elsewhere (Franco and millions in Africa comes to mind)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is exactly what I've been saying for quite a while. We see police brutality and serious over reach of their authority on a daily basis. We see dogs and people shot with impunity. Even when it's plain that they shot an unarmed victim, they are protected. What do We The People do?...nothing

We've seen govt over stepping their authority for years..nothing.

We watch as Big Business basically takes over our lives. What do we do? ...nothing

And that's the way it will be till we are nothing but slaves, hoping to get by.

Oh...wait....

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Annoying isn't it , a job well done by western governments to stupefy their populations into unthinking submission through TV and spin , don't think about difficult stuff watch this cool new show !

The revolution will not be televised.
Gil Scott-Heron.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The old republic is being swept away, by consent. Same thing happened in Germany prior to WWII.

There will be a revolution, too. If not within then without. The world will eventually tire of this Empire and form an alliance to bring it down, just like WWII.

Edit: You just be you, not swept up by either side. As human beings our legacy is not what we did for either 'side', but how we remained human through it all, how we helped others in need and suffering, as those instances come up.

And I don't mean the 'religious' kind of help, 'praying' and donating money, either.

edit on 4-2-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The old republic is being swept away, by consent. Same thing happened in Germany prior to WWII.

There will be a revolution, too. If not within then without. The world will eventually tire of this Empire and form an alliance to bring it down, just like WWII.

Exactly, and just like WW2, the general public under the Axis will be fairly complacent.

The world will tire of America, no doubt. The American people, though?

Too much to do, watch, eat, etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Fun Fact: Rosa Parks went to jail and was fully ready to do so for what she did. Protest and standing up for what you believe in has ALWAYS come with conditions of being hated by the whole and authority. If you can't take the heat, then I guess your convictions weren't as strong as you thought they were.

Maybe try more peaceful methods to enact change? Believe it or not there are MANY people who try to enact change within the system, and it is annoying when they get lumped in with the people who enjoy government tyranny when they don't want to stand up and break the law with the impatient malcontents.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Exactly, and just like WW2, the general public under the Axis will be fairly complacent.

Intimidated, struggling to survive and otherwise distracted, more like.

People are busier have less time to do anything else. The ones doing the actual manipulating are few in number and very cunning and clever (as usual).

The weight isn't on their side in this age. Unlike before, there is instant world wide dissemination of information. Thanks for bringing it, thats the spirit.

Carry on

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I profoundly disagree. The revolution is now. It is happening. The war propaganda is everywhere. So are the battle fronts. But the biggest battles aren't won with guns.

Velvet Revolution
Orange Revolution

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
That's because everyone has been castrated. Idiots can thank social media, the media and our government. Most cannot think for themselves or even take care of themselves anymore.

We are such a disappointment.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Annoying isn't it , a job well done by western governments to stupefy their populations into unthinking submission through TV and spin , don't think about difficult stuff watch this cool new show !

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I wouldn't totally agree with that. A revolution doesn't start until the majority is affected. There are 3 issues I think will eventually come to a head and people will meet their breaking point.

1. Student loan debt. Young people around this country are strapped with outrageous student loan debt. It's also affecting their parent's who have co-signed for their loans. Student loan default is increasing every year. It's affecting their lives, and preventing them from buying homes and starting families.

2. Healthcare costs. Healthcare premiums and prescription costs keep on rising. Insurance companies are over ruling doctor's treatment plans. The cost to the insurance companies outweighs what is best for the patient. There are still over 35 million Americans without healthcare coverage.

3. The Economy. Corporations continue to move jobs overseas for increased profits. Many continue to pay nothing on taxes while the burden is placed on many middle class Americans. If the economy crashes all hell will break loose. People will be mad as hell if they can't provide for their family.

edit on 4-2-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I wouldn't totally agree with that. A revolution doesn't start until the majority is affected. There are 3 issues I think will eventually come to a head and people will meet their breaking point.

1. Student loan debt. Young people around this country are strapped with outrageous student loan debt. It's also affecting their parent's who have co-signed for their loans. Student loan default is increasing every year. It's affecting their lives, and preventing them from buying homes and starting families.

2. Healthcare costs. Healthcare premiums and prescription costs keep on rising. Insurance companies are over ruling doctor's treatment plans. The cost to the insurance companies outweighs what is best for the patient. There are still over 35 million Americans without healthcare coverage.

3. The Economy. Corporations continue to move jobs overseas for increased profits. Many continue to pay nothing on taxes while the burden is placed on many middle class Americans. If the economy crashes all hell will break loose. People will be mad as hell if they can't provide for their family.

As much as I appreciate the well worded response, this is a rant. Not looking to debate the topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I disagree. People are "fighting" for change, improvements, and advancements all the time. But thankfully, the vast majority of us have realized that violence won't give us the victories we want. For example, look at issues like increased wages, marriage equality, increased consumer protections, ending the War on Drugs, equal treatment by law enforcement and the judicial system, and an end to the MIC. How is violence going to win us any of those things?

The problem with the Bundy gang & their allies is that they're stuck in the past. The days when an armed rebel group could force the US government to do its bidding ended with the Whiskey Rebellion.

And unlike the Bundy-types, the vast majority of the rest of us love our daily lives & just want to improve them. We want to improve and advance the system we have, not replace it with some delusional gunslinger's anarchist system.
edit on 4-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Disturbing video of the sheep talking. I try to come up with an expalantian that includes some sentience on the sheeps part.

The are stuck in that room, wherever that is, not the sunny, outdoor place like they are used to probably, wondering, Is that the barn? The slaughter house?

They'd rather be outside sunning, chewing grass, enjoying the fresh air. They know the man controls this, he shows up and standing tall over them, he speaks, brays like they do.

Of course, yes, yes, all the votes are in… "you're in charge man thing, let us out of here"!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As if only praying and donating money is religious help ...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If you think there is no violence involved in those changes, then you have not yet learned the term passive-aggressive.

There has been plenty of violence in those changes. Just because it hasn't yet brought out naked blood doesn't mean it isn't or won't come when the backlash begins. You can only push so far before you break something necessary to hold it all together. Trump, as much as I dislike it, is a symptom that that day is coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join