It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is not the Most High God, Israel in ancient Canaan and henotheism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: chr0naut
Your embarrassing yourself. El means God whenever it's used. God is different than lord because El is Baal/Yahweh's father. It's fascinating how hard you will try to disprove actual truth just to defend a war criminal named Yahweh when you could just worship the kind Elyon. Psychologically fascinating.

Why do you believe that El is Baal/YHWH's father? On what do you base your belief? Show some actual evidence!

Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel! YHWH is our Elohim, YHWH is one!" Written by Moses, right there in the Torah. How blatant.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
And you don't know what Gnosticism is, you just believe internet bs. There is no Gnostic Church. The only thing you know is from catholics and the Nag Hammadi Library, which is very Christian and not evil at all. But I am not religious, I just study religion dope.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
From the Canaanite pantheon where else?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Infanticide and genocide are both war crimes committed by Yahweh, have you read the bible?

Both are crimes that can occur during war. They are not specifically war crimes.

Name the war and the court or retract your assertion as unfounded.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
At the time Persia freed them from Babylonian captivity is about the time Yahweh was combined with El Elyon, and Elohim, a plural word meaning Gods, was now Gods other name. It's ridiculous how gullible you are to believe in these bs lies about ancient Israelites and monotheism, ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So you let Yahweh off of a war crimes charge by technicality, that's nice. Great argument,!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

In the Canaanite pantheon, El was the father of all the other gods and the father of Baal.

YHWH was not part of the Canaanite pantheon at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So you let Yahweh off of a war crimes charge by technicality, that's nice. Great argument,!!!

Perhaps in your world, made up charges are enough, but in reality, you cannot convict if the accused has not committed the crime.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yahweh commits infanticide and genocide and that's your god. My God protects me from your god and his name is El Elyon. Yahweh is a sick evil disgrace for a god and you are an advocate of his madness. I think I will stick with El. Imagine killing all those babies with no conscience, does that sound godly to you. If so you're sheeping, that guy is nuts, the devil is Yahweh.
edit on 5-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

In the Canaanite pantheon, El was the father of all the other gods and the father of Baal.

YHWH was not part of the Canaanite pantheon at all.

Canaanite pantheon like Nimrod's Babylon (the origin of all the world's pantheon stories) are tales of the pre-flood fallen Watchers and their offspring who "impersonated Gods".
edit on 5-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   

At the time Persia freed them from Babylonian captivity is about the time Yahweh was combined with El Elyon, and Elohim, a plural word meaning Gods, was now Gods other name. It's ridiculous how gullible you are to believe in these bs lies about ancient Israelites and monotheism, ridiculous.

The only possible 'support' for that assertion is pure supposition based upon ideas proposed by those who held to the documentary hypothesis. There is no actual evidence.

No, your assertion is ridiculous in light of archaeology, language studies, religious tradition, anthropology, theology and the text of the Torah itself.

You have, not once, supplied the tiniest shred of evidence to support your views.

link   

edit on 5/2/2016 by chr0naut because: duplicate post

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ya your obviously oblivious I'm done dealing with you.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's so obvious it's too bad you don't understand religion, I wish I could help you but I am getting sick of your idiocy.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And for the 500th and last time, Yahweh IS Baal. That's why Yahweh doesn't show up in the Canaanite pantheon. Name change, easy to do. Damn you have to read things 5 times before you remember or what?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

And for the 500th and last time, Yahweh IS Baal. That's why Yahweh doesn't show up in the Canaanite pantheon. Name change, easy to do. Damn you have to read things 5 times before you remember or what?

Maybe you should spend more time trying to prove your allegations rather than propagandizing them.
edit on 5-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: grammar

edit on 5-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yahweh commits infanticide and genocide and that's your god. My God protects me from your god and his name is El Elyon. Yahweh is a sick evil disgrace for a god and you are an advocate of his madness. I think I will stick with El. Imagine killing all those babies with no conscience, does that sound godly to you. If so you're sheeping, that guy is nuts, the devil is Yahweh.

OK, lets take the flood of Noah: Genesis 6:13

"And Elohim said to Noah, 'The end has come for all creatures, since they have filled the earth with violence. I am now about to destroy them along with the earth'..."

Who was that that committed infanticide and genocide? You haven't even got that right.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Egypt and Canaan smartass and you wish your bible said Elohim . That's a borrowed from Babylonian epic of Gilgamesh story.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Unlike the Canaanite gods, Yhwah forbade child sacrifice.

Deut 18:9“When you enter the land which the Yahweh your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. 10“There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination,

Yhwah specifically told Israel not to be like the Canaanites or any other nation.
edit on 5-2-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join