It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a feeling in my lower abdomen....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

A question for you (the answer is for you too, no need to share:duh
...How's your poop? Have you noticed changes (frequency, color, etc.) coinciding with the development of the painful spot? Not that it rules out anything if you haven't, but it would be a near-certain indication that it's not a muscle tear.

As far as going to the doctor - I go for an occasional checkup, but realistically, outside of serious injuries, if I had my own MRI machine, X-Ray machine, and lab testing facility, I wouldn't bother with a doctor unless I needed a prescription or surgery. I don't have those tools available to me though, so playing guess & wait when there's a problem I can't easily identify which doesn't go away is useless.

My guess: your most likely scenario is something simple and entirely/mostly painless to rectify now, but which could cause you significantly more pain, discomfort and treatment if you wait it out.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

ya could possibly see an eastern medicine person. But again, I'm not wanting to jump the gun. It could be nothing. could just go away on it's own. I want to see if it does before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Ya I agree. Here healthcare is 100% free but still I don't exactly consider it "health care". I guess the point was to ask to see if anyone might recommend some alternative treatments. I should have clarified that.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

that's sorta reassuring to hear. Because there is one thing..... I have been going to the gym on and off. Which I don't normally do. so based on what you're saying there's a chance that possibly I might have aggravated something internally when doing strange excercises at the gym. It is a distinct possibility because I have had similiar things happen when working out before. ie throwing my back out etc etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

the better question is, with the endless info and help you can get online...."how can you not?".

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

based on the information given, how could one tell what would be the appropriate treatment.... there's no way to know what it is, there might be some maybes, buy no certainties. the best you could do is go through a process of elimination between all the possibles. and well, risk actually doing something that might make things worse.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

when i was researching the psoasis major .. any injuries were nearly always related to sports, gym, yoga, or similar over exertion ...
think i was the only example of strainin it by just sitting in a bean bag

Hope its something as easily fixed as mine was .. well .. by easily .. i mean .. letting the body fix it itself .. took months tho, after i removed the cause

Go to doc anyway .. so u can get piece of mind .. i have a head injury now that i have also being fearfully ignoring for 3 years .. it just got a whole lot more real now tho .. so i am also taking my own advice .. and getting it checked out now ... so i can at the very least, stop worrying and get on with my life the way id like to .. but i suspect this one isnt gonna be so easily fixed ..
let the doc have a try .. some have pretty good experience and knowledge ..
edit on 4-2-2016 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

how would you go about doing this process of elimination?

I know so far:

1) if I'm just sitting there, or whatever, I can feel a feeling. (I owuldn't call it pain) but a feeling in my lower left abdomen. Very slightly sore I guess but not painful per say.

2) It's only on the left side not the right. When I push in with my fingers then I can feel a bit of soreness more. Again, if I do that on my right side "nothing", it's fine. So it's just the left side.

3) Don't feel anything unusual, or alarming. Like doesn't seem like a hernia. Nothings sagging out or anything at all.

4) the only thing I've done different is I have been going to the gym a bit more than normal and possibly the training may have caused certain internal muscles to be bothered.

5) have been under a lot of stress. More than normal by far.

That's all I know for sure at this time.
edit on 4-2-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

the better question is, with the endless info and help you can get online...."how can you not?".

Then if you researched diverticulitis then you don't want to be treating suspected obstructions with seeds, try fresh prunes instead, they work like magic. Also, you will want to eliminate acid foods from your diet first, then try probiotics (overabundance of bad gut bacteria) next, then research IBS symptoms and try to eliminate food triggers...it is a daunting task to self diagnose, but good luck. Just so you know, bowel cancer is very rare, so in all likelihood it may be a common disorder because you have no severe symptomatic warnings.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

hmmmm interesting. Good to know. Ya I mean, I was going to the gym more. And that's right around the time it started too? It's plausable. That's the "only" thing I've done different in life.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

thanks good to know. Flax seed are fine for this, and recommended even by dr's. Its strawberrys you need to stay away from.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
You had any back issues like pulled muscles or strains.

I done this 3 years ago I was laying on the floor soldering some new caps in on a tv main board.
reached around to get tools and felt a real sharp pain my back. Well a few weeks later I was eating something and felt real bad pain in my stomach this kept up for a few months. Done a stool test, done x-rays of the stomach
turned out it was constipation causing it and it was all in my back muscles. As I have scoliosis I get lots of weird pain with that, I don't take any pain relief for it as I don't believe in suppressing pain throw medication there are other ways..

I got pretty paranoid about the pain..

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

thanks good to know. Flax seed are fine for this, and recommended even by dr's. Its strawberrys you need to stay away from.

Nope, any type of seed can become lodged in the sacs, per a medical professional.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

well, if the problem is causing tissue to inflame, you could try taking a couple ibprofen and see if it improves the condition any, if it does so on a consistant basis, you can probably assume that whatever the problem is, it has inflamed tissue involved. but then there might be other conditions that are a possibility that might be made worse by the ibprofen. which is kind of the point I was making about just trying different treatments, without knowing what the problem is.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

wow I looked that up and there is a reasonable chance that that might be the problem. It kinda corrisponds to the workout regiment I was on too. So there is a reasonable chance that it got pulled or something. And now that I think about it, my lower back is feeling something a bit too, which makes sense. Maybe that's all this is, at least I hope.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'm talking about ground flax seeds not full

top topics

<< 1   >>

join