It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the holy hell is this thing???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Good morning ATS, so I was going through my morning routine and checking on my Fakebook status and came across this weird video. I apologize as I have not yet figured out how to post a video so that you can watch it straight from the post. Here is the Link please check it out this thing is freaky weird.

As a skeptic that wants to believe when it comes to weird undiscovered creatures I want this to be real but I totally welcome any and all who have videography or editing experience to tell me this thing is fake and how to tell. Other than that I hope some of you find this interesting at least and if it is a fake I think it is pretty good.

edit on 4-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix
This video was used to fake a leprechaun or something scooting across the floor. The shadows don't line up on the video. Look at the shadow the creature casts and then line that up with the shadow from the leg of the piece of furniture the child is near.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It is an old hoax video.
CGI-added little elf guy.

There have been threads about it before.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This thing wasn't really scooting but like running and the shadow looks lined up to me.

a reply to: donktheclown

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It is something very old, originally from Argentina, posted many times. In my opinion is CGI as the shadows don't go in the same direction (shadow of cgi thing and furniture leg)

edit on 4-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If you look at the furniture you will see a shadow on the floor from the furniture that points straight at the child's right foot. Then watch the creature as it goes past that area. The shadows don't align, to me. JMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Lol, the dresser leg which the lil thing runs by is the same size yet the leg casts no shadow and the made up muppet is casting mega shadow. A case of too much cgi for their own good.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
That is the Great wild Computer Generated Brownie,

Their Habitats are Digital film videos.

Feeding instructions seem to include the viewing of it by unsuspecting rubes, perpetuated by generous helpings of the sound of "WTF waz that???".

Normally Encountered in Websites of Dubious Nature.

Source videos preferred by this Memetic Critter are ones where someone thought they saw a mouse.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
It is something very old, originally from Argentina, posted many times. In my opinion is CGI as the shadows don't go in the same direction (shadow of cgi thing and furniture leg)

whether this is a hoax or not...I dont know...but the shadow thing is a weak argument. You must take into account that there is a white wall that reflects light...and the shadow from the leg of the table is probably cast by a reflection on the wall, while the creature is exposed to direct light from outside.

Also..."Apollo happened" crowd keeps telling us that shadows do not need to match in direction...it was actually demonstrated many times.

Still...this may be a hoax anyway...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Did you factor in the critter was sprinting while the furniture was stationary?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

when I say in my opinion usually means in my opinion...

what about the channel where the video originated full of crappy hoaxes?

I you people want to believe you are in you perfect right

edit on 4-2-2016 by Indigent because: cue xfiles theme

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
If you look at the furniture you will see a shadow on the floor from the furniture that points straight at the child's right foot. Then watch the creature as it goes past that area. The shadows don't align, to me. JMO.

You are confusing a reflection of light from the leg of the furniture off the polished kitchen floor with a shadow, which is not a reflection but a region which some light cannot reach because its passage is obstructed by a solid object. In the former case, the reflection is always in line with the straight line joining the object to the observer because light travels in a straight path, so that the observer receives those rays of light that are reflected off the floor directly towards him. In the latter case, the shadow is always aligned along the line connecting the light source and the position of the obstructing object. These two directions are not the same because the observer is not directly in line with both the source of light causing the shadow and the obstructing object.
This video has been called CGI by people who simply do not understand the laws of optics and who confuse a shadow with a reflection. That is not to say that I believe this video to be genuine. I remain neutral on that issue. But, in a forum whose motto is "deny ignorance," I thought it pertinent to point out where people are showing ignorance of the laws of optics.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

As I said...it's probably a hoax...I just dont think that shadow argument is solid.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

if the wall reflect light the goblin would not have multiple shadows?

Something like

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

the wall reflects light for sure...multiple shadows I think can only be achieved if you have equally "strong" light coming from multiple directions.

If you have a weaker light against a strong light...only the shadow from a strong light will be seen. At least it make sense to me

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Isn't the exact reason why the shadows in my pic are not the same intensity is because the source is a weak light and a strong light?

If the light from the wall is good enough to make the shadow of the furniture it should be plenty to make another shadow in gob.

At the end everyone wants to believe what they want.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You have multiple shadows because there are two very large spotlights behind the players in either corner.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I don't see what you mean...the creature would be closer to what Im assuming is a door with screen or large glass section and it is out of view so how do we really know how the light would line up? I just don't see the case you are trying to make, no offense or anything you could very well be right.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thank you for mentioning the wall reflecting light, I wanted to say something about that but wasn't sure if I even knew what I was talking about but I did think they same thing being light coming from two different directions of varying brightness.

t reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Completely disregarding the shadows-don't-line-up argument, it's worth a note that you can see the reflection of the baseboard on the back wall on the surface of the drawer, and when the creature runs in between the baseboard and the drawer, there is no change in the reflection of the baseboard.

If this were real, the reflection of the creature would have been evident on the face of the drawer. That should be evidence enough against the reality of this incident.
edit on 4-2-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join