It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 Minecraft 'Host has left the game' error PLEASE HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this because although when I search on internet there seem to be many with same problem there doesnt appear to be a solution.

I bought PS3 for my son so he could play minecraft with his friends. Every time he invites them it comes up at their side that 'host has leftthe game'. It also happens if he tries to join a friend's game. Im desperate to sort it as he is having a tough time at moment and this is adding to it because he is out of the loop with friends at home.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Ive checked NAT although I dont know what it means and it is Type 2.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Reset your internet modem that might fix it.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have dpne that already and set up again on PS3. I have just read somewhere about enabling DMZ for one device on router bit I believe it poses a security but lets any data through?a reply to: dreamfox1

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I had the same issue on X-Box Live a few years ago when I used to game more, I was using a wireless dongle (USB router) for internet and it was stuck on NAT Type 3 (Strict) and I couldn't play with anyone, but thankfully I managed to change it after some tweaking.

Type 2 (Moderate) NAT is a little stricter than NAT Type 1 (Open) and runs into problems gaming with people who have different security settings. A big part of the problem is (or was when i had it) that most routers are by default on NAT Type 1 (or rather, they don't force NAT Type 2) which means the majority of players wont mesh well with a Type 2. I never ran into any problems from setting it to Type 1.

If you google around it would probably be fairly easy for you to find instructions to change your NAT type on PS3, and I guess since I have no experience with PS3 and I done all this a few years ago you should also google the possible risks of open NAT (if there are any).

You should head over to YouTube and search for 'PS3 NAT settings', you will find all manner of instructional guides.
edit on 4/2/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you for that explanation about NAT I will try and see if I can change it and fingers crossed it will work. I feel so sorry for my little man because he desperately wants to play with friends and cant.a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you for that explanation about NAT I will try and see if I can change it and fingers crossed it will work. I feel so sorry for my little man because he desperately wants to play with friends and cant.a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

If you still have trouble with the NAT settings, assign the PS3 a static IP and stick it in a DMZ. It was the only viable solution for me when I was having NAT issues with my Xbox 360. It's quite alright to place your PS3 in a DMZ. If you're not comfortable placing the PS3 in a DMZ, the link below will walk you through port forwarding to open up the NAT.

Port Forward

That website is essentially the "bible" of networking for consoles.

new topics

top topics

join