It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Republican says Congress will punish sanctuary cities this year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sanctuary cities are in defiance of most of the states they're in.

Hell yeah they are and there are just a few people that are forcing their SJW ideology on the rest of the population.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Carpentry is a serious skill that requires tools, training, and a vehicle. It should be paid much more than a full time fast food worker or wallmart employee or bagger at whole foods
They manipulated the market for the cpi with illegal workers who aren't trained and do a poor job. (The fault of their employers not that they can't learn).

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I call BS. The Republican donors who benefit so greatly from illegal employees will rear their head. It's not just the democrats who benefit. Its developers, hotel chains, restraunts, on and on.

Then to be fair, dry up the workers and free up jobs for Americans.
It's NOT a left/right problem on the ground.
It's a problem of ideology.

Besides, this thread is about letting illegal criminals run about in 300 cities, not some ave joe wanting to make a few bucks.

Free up the jobs that no one wants? That is a questionable plan.

Georgia Conservative Mayor is Unlikely Advocate for Undocumented People

In public speeches and opinion articles, he slams state lawmakers for creating an unfunded mandate that he says will burden police and devastate farmers who depend on immigrant labor in their onion fields and berry groves.

Oh I just love that "nobody wants" argument.

Thread is about illegal alien criminals and the cities that harbor them.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This is all sort of nonsense. Cities are not going waste money and resources on looking for illegals when they have other crimes to deal with. In fact most cities at this point do not bother because as they have learned Border Patrol/INS do not have the resources to deal with what they have already. Leaving cities to pay to hold people in over crowded jails or just let them go. We are talking about 3% of the US population hear. That is more people than everybody in prison now. The resources required to this would be staggering. And completely wasted as new ones would simply arrive by boat or plan or tunnel etc. And why? Because the jobs exist for them. Nobody wants to go after the rich who hire them. Donald Trump would never suggest he be held responsible for his long history of employing illegals. So unless that happens everything esle we do is just tossing money into a fire.

You are always spot on. I don't think many can understand the impossibility of picking up 3% of the population and physically moving them out, just to start. Then the financial complexities come into play. Punishing a city for not following this mad plan is , in fact, madness.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why is it about that? They are all criminals they are illegally here. Sure they want a better life but we should have created a work visa program and treated them like a legitamate employee and kept track of them.

They are all working illegally and the employers are criminals too for hireing them. Including government verication for those jobs. Texas doesn't even verify all their state and local workers.

It's such a massive issue.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: roadgravel
So Congress doesn't address the border problems but will blame and punish certain cities in some way. Sounds about par for the course. Right, the problem is always because of someone else.

The border is just 1 part of the whole problem.

It's the criminal element being overlooked and mostly helped by these cities.

Doesn't it make sense to go to the source of the problem instead of trying to mop up the water after the flood gate opened.

All the issues do need to be addressed.

I'm all for a wall and serious border security.

Start building that and things will start drying up, for sure.

Except the criminals that won't go back home if the sanctuary cities are allowed to operate.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Start verifying your workers. Or else you get shut down. Have temporary work visas that reward good workers. Ship out or don't employ the rest and let them leave on their own.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Carpentry is a serious skill that requires tools, training, and a vehicle. It should be paid much more than a full time fast food worker or wallmart employee or bagger at whole foods
They manipulated the market for the cpi with illegal workers who aren't trained and do a poor job. (The fault of their employers not that they can't learn).

I did say carpenters should be paid more. I am not sure where you are going with this. Or is it that someone undocumented, that was a really good carpenter in mexico will do a poor job? That makes no sense.

But in general, it is day laborers, fruit pickers and house cleaners filling jobs. Carpenters that are US citizens, work for a company or belong to a union should be doing fine. Many can afford to hire a carpenter at a good wage.

If I need a door hung, I normally offer the lowest amount on craigslist and take the best bid. I cannot afford to pay a large construction company or pay $20-$40 an hour + a trip charge. Maybe carpenters in general should take heed of what the market will bear and whom they want to work for. There are a lot of choices.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Of course there are. But the Republicans are just saying words. They don't do anything. Hell Rick Perry made a fortune off of illegals building his housing developments.

Yeah any proof of that claim?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Start verifying your workers. Or else you get shut down. Have temporary work visas that reward good workers. Ship out or don't employ the rest and let them leave on their own.

I think you have it backwards....Corporations tell politicians what to do. Politicians know who the political contributors are and you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

It's called Capitalism....and the Conservative golden boy Donald has plenty of illegals working for him. All that wall building rhetoric is just pandering to his devotees.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 3-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I hire handymen for repairs to my home. I do not ask their citizenship status. For my business, I hire college students when I need help. I run criminal background checks, but no more.

In a capitalist society, that is true competition.

If they do a good job at a rate I can afford, I will continue to hire them. That is the way it works.
edit on 3-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

If I had a large enough business where I was required to pay $15/hr for house cleaners, I would have to figure it out. Most of that is tax deductible. I would take less of a cut, but I could still hire and survive.
edit on 3-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This is all sort of nonsense. Cities are not going waste money and resources on looking for illegals when they have other crimes to deal with. In fact most cities at this point do not bother because as they have learned Border Patrol/INS do not have the resources to deal with what they have already. Leaving cities to pay to hold people in over crowded jails or just let them go. We are talking about 3% of the US population hear. That is more people than everybody in prison now. The resources required to this would be staggering. And completely wasted as new ones would simply arrive by boat or plan or tunnel etc. And why? Because the jobs exist for them. Nobody wants to go after the rich who hire them. Donald Trump would never suggest he be held responsible for his long history of employing illegals. So unless that happens everything esle we do is just tossing money into a fire.

You are always spot on. I don't think many can understand the impossibility of picking up 3% of the population and physically moving them out, just to start. Then the financial complexities come into play. Punishing a city for not following this mad plan is , in fact, madness.

You really don't see a problem with the current situation? I never thought that we'd be able to ship them all out regardless of who wins and I don't really care about that, but they shouldn't be protected like they're an endangered species. The border needs to be better protected and we need to be able to give permanent walking papers to those that do break our laws. The current system is chaos. Every one of these cities should be punished for #ting on our sovereignty as a nation. If you don't like that, you're legitimately against America as a country. A country exists because laws and borders. If you want to come to America for a better life you should keep that in mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I understand how it works. It insures a democratic voting base by allowing millions to go unchecked and eligible for benefits.

Except they can't vote or get welfare if they are illegal...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No the market has been falsely manipulated by cheap labour.

I was a union trained jouneyman from the NE. Unions barely exist. Their aren't many good carpenters from Mexico. There are common sense farmers that learn while they are here under other sloppy carpenters. Most building has been dumbed down to a few styles and designs. The quality is incredibly poor.

The market should have dictated the worth but the greedy builders ruined that and everyone else had to follow suit to survive. Just like crappy stuff from china.

You shouldn't get work done you can't afford. Or you should learn to do it yourself.

It's sad but carpentry is a joke now a days. I make guitars for a living now in a nitche high end market. I wouldn't go back to carpentry if my life depended on. It's not a liveable wage and its extremely hard work. Especially if you have any pride in your craftsmanship.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm talking about the criminals these cities let walk and breaking federal laws.

Not general illegals.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Sure its simple to find. Look up building in Texas. I worked there from 98-2006 and it was terrible. Worst workers I have ever seen. I was doing historic bungalow restoration in Hyde park Austin. But had lots of experience with builders of all kinds.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah I know. Thats my point.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

You really don't see a problem with the current situation? I never thought that we'd be able to ship them all out regardless of who wins and I don't really care about that, but they shouldn't be protected like they're an endangered species. The border needs to be better protected and we need to be able to give permanent walking papers to those that do break our laws. The current system is chaos. Every one of these cities should be punished for #ting on our sovereignty as a nation. If you don't like that, you're legitimately against America as a country. A country exists because laws and borders. If you want to come to America for a better life you should keep that in mind.

this does not punish cities in regard to us being a sovereign nation. It looks more like a p*ssing match between the federal Government and States. I thought conservatives would not like this at all.

You try giving out those permanent walking papers...you don't see the length and breadth of the impossibility.

From this point forward, I would like tighter border control, but no silly wall that someone wants another government to pay for. Actually, more Mexicans are leaving here than coming here.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm talking about the criminals these cities let walk and breaking federal laws.

Not general illegals.

What federal laws, other than being undocumented, do you refer to?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

Well said, sir!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join