It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies or other?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If I had to choose an order I guess it would be this.

Zombie
Vampires
Supernatural
Alien
Mutant
Werewolf.

The dead trilogy, 28 days, Zombi, walking dead etc etc.

Near Dark, Lost Boys, Fright night, interview with the vampire, Dracula etc etc.

There have been some excellent movies in all those categories but the top two would be my favorite I guess.
On the other hand

The Thing
The Exorcist
Poltergeist
Alien

Are better than those in the two aforementioned categories.
So it boils down to personal preference really.
I'm not huge on lists (lol) so scratch what I said up there.

I just like all of those kinds of movies.
edit on 5-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I see that movie as a comedy. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that Denzel Washinton one with the body-hopping demonic entity.

Fallen is a very good movie. My favorite scene is where all these people start singing all around him, one by one, as the demon or whatever is passed around.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

To your vampire point, there is a trilogy of books called The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's a slightly different take on the vampire mythos and they are nasty...real nasty. I believe Ridley Scott holds the movie rights to it. Not sure if you're a big reader but I wanted to point that out.

Definitely. I read the Strain books before the show came on, which is a great take on Vampires by the way.

I'm always looking for a new series of books to read. I go through them pretty quick. I typically listen to audio books for my hour drive into work (and home), and a physical book at lunch (since my wife also listens in the truck, hehe).

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Number one genre is zombies the rest pretty much in the same order.

Caviat though. I did like 'The Original's' on Net Flix, and that others series 'True Blood'.

I would love for something new.

Everything is being over done.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Check out the 2014 movie "afflicted" I loved it and I hate movies usually made in found footage style, This one was done so differently and was very very well done. It is right up your alley!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Good list!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Zombie-Ghosts

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have always loved anything creepy, gory, sick, scary, supernatural! I never had any restrictions growing up, I was watching horror flicks before I gave up the dummy, thanks mostly to my brothers vhs collection.

My absolute favourite, is the Vampire, ever since I saw the lost boys as a little kid, I was obsessed.

1-Vampires
2-Supernatural/Demons/ghosts
3-Werewolves
4-Zombies
5-Alien creatures

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

They were just slightly modified humans, but I loved the Necromongers in Chronicles of Riddick. I consider that one of the best science/sorta fantasy movies ever!

I've had a belly full of vampires and zombies. I've seen every depiction of them ever it seems. My wife loves the vampires, and I used to like the zombies. I did like World War Z zombies better than most.. because of that disease angle.. that was really creative.

Kev

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join