It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Resarch Suggests Chimp/Human Fossil Record May Be Inaccurate Depiction Of Divergence

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

What a shame...

I mean you look normal rather well even, did you actually have to ask your brother such a simple minded question?

Or is your view of creationist really that simple?

Either way it doesn't say much for you...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Raggedyman

As has been explained to you MULTIPLE TIMES.

Evolution is a fact. The theory of evolution is the best well-substantiated explanation of said fact.

Here's a quick wiki page you probably won't read due to your abundant ignorance.

EVOLUTION AS FACT AND THEORY

It's not a big page. I'm sure you can read it pretty quick.

ETA Just to add AGAIN. Evolution isn't A science. It is derived from multiple sciences.

No I wont read your link to lies.

Evolution is a fact is a lie

Here's a quick page you probably won't read due to your abundant ignorance.

humansarefree.com...

It's not a big page. I'm sure you can read it pretty quick.

ETA Just to add AGAIN. Evolution isn't A science, its A religion

I can be just like you

But where does it get me or you, nowhere.

Dont waste my time I wont waste your time

(Yet more hysterical laughter)
Your link is to a ridiculous website that totally fails to understand the concepts it's attacking and which is actually scientifically illiterate. And ungrammatical to boot.
Yeah, Ghost's right. You are a troll. You fail to understand cites, you say that you won't read cites, which makes you intellectually incurious, you make the same points over and over again - despite the fact that your points have not merely been countered but destroyed earlier - and you're rude as well.
Have fun in your bubble under your bridge.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Your link is to a ridiculous website that totally fails to understand the concepts it's attacking and which is actually scientifically illiterate. And ungrammatical to boot.

Yeah isnt that funny
I recon the link you posted to me was created for school children by school children.

attacking, poor boy, it was questioning
Its dreadful you feel so close, bonded to evolution that you see any question as an attack

You fail to grasp the basics of evolution, yada yada yada, i can play the game but I wont

Evolution is a new age cult, simply the old age belief started long before Darwin or

(Evolution) is a general postulate to which all theories, all hypotheses, all systems must henceforward bow and which they must satisfy in order to be thinkable and true. Evolution is a light which illuminates all facts, a trajectory which all lines of thought must follow." 1
1 Cited in "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution: Theodosius Dobzhansky, 1900-1975," by Francisco Ayala, in Journal of Heredity (vol. 68, no. 3, 1977), p. 3.

Here is some more where scientists push evolution as a religion, hell this deserves a thread

www.icr.org...

Blind sheep selling some one elses religion.
Suckered into proselytising someone elses religion

Evolution a new age cult, the beginning of enlightenment

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

???????????????????????????????????????????
Your link is to the ICR. That's not scientists pushing science as a religion, that's a site run by creationists who make a lot of confused noises and then think that they're being coherent.
By the way, punctuation is your friend. Not something to be avoided.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

???????????????????????????????????????????
Your link is to the ICR. That's not scientists pushing science as a religion, that's a site run by creationists who make a lot of confused noises and then think that they're being coherent.
By the way, punctuation is your friend. Not something to be avoided.

Well you link evolutionists, scientists pushing their agenda, funding money and fame

Evolutionists who make assumptions to get more grants from the tax payer and book sales

I don't rate them as scientists or even learned men, sharmans in my opinion

Punctuation, really like maybe you should get a big red pen and also mark my replys
Here is a tip, use your common sense when dealing with religion like evolution, it will

Don't worry about it, I don't really mind what you think

It's just another boring me vs you thread that is well past its use by date

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: Cypress

Natural mutations normally caused by aging and the energy deficiency that is evident is known to cause disease...

It is also known that some cells that are always present in an organisms are already predisposed and only need to be activated to cause the disease to take hold...

Furthermore such can not be a valid claim for evolution as it is not considered to be a progression...

This is incorrect. Mutations are not due to aging but rather everytime a cell duplicates DNA and separates there is a chance the DNA becomes damaged or mutates. Viruses can mutate DNA, this is one of the ways bioengineering works. Sickle cell anemia is a mutation that arose separately and humans were not "predisposed". Regardless you stated DNA polymerase prevents this so you are now contradicting yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

I'm not wrong...

www.mayoclinic.org...

What's more it is well known the aging process and decay is also contained in the code...
edit on 9-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Please stop feeding the trolls. They have already derailed this topic enough. Funny, not a single comment from 5StarOracle or Raggedyman about the science in the article, and not a single comment that is actually backed by anything more than wishful thinking. Just the same ol' pompous attitudes thinking they know more about science than the scientists who have studied it for decades. If you want a non stop laugh fest, read this whole thread. They bring a whole new meaning to the word denial.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Please stop feeding the trolls. They have already derailed this topic enough. Funny, not a single comment from 5StarOracle or Raggedyman about the science in the article, and not a single comment that is actually backed by anything more than wishful thinking. Just the same ol' pompous attitudes thinking they know more about science than the scientists who have studied it for decades. If you want a non stop laugh fest, read this whole thread. They bring a whole new meaning to the word denial.

As you too, feed the trolls..... (aslo, what makes them trolls?)

Regarding the OP. Im always interested in Evolution. Never convinced. But interested/
edit on 9-2-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
(aslo, what makes them trolls?)

The persistency in repeating thoroughly discredited Creationist claims ad nauseum along with a willful ignorance of the science behind evolution and the refusal to discuss said science in an intellectually honest manner.
edit on 9-2-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Also, what makes them trolls?

Well, 5StarOracle actually fully admits to being a troll. So that's pretty good evidence right there.

In response to some two page argument he had about a fossil find, everyone had been showing his claims were false and debunked many times before, he stated:

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Heh I knew they had been debunked...
But it's fun to piss off the evolution crowd for me...

Then you have this post by mOjOm, in which he provides more evidence that 5StarOracle is just a troll.

originally posted by: mOjOm
1. He refuses to learn or even read any info you give him. (Promotes his own ignorance)

2. Claims everything you say and that science is false. (Promotes ignorance in others.)

3. Claims to know the truth which is his version of Religion but offers no evidence to support it. (Spreads ignorance as truth.)

Then you have raggedyman, who makes claims in almost every single one of his posts, and literally has not once backed up his claims with any photos, any outside information, any articles, and not one single link for 17 pages now.

Here is a list of claims he has yet to present any evidence towards, and also refuses to present evidence because (and I quote) "It would take too much effort"

~ Most of that [fossil] record consists of a few bones that scientists have created a whole species from.
~ Just recently we all discovered Neanderthal was human
~ [Evolutionary Biologists] have evidence on the table? Yeah, just not the public table, just behind closed doors
~ There is nothing objective about studying bones
~ Evolution has never been observed
~ Evolution is not objective.
~ No direct evidence is observed
~ You [Ghost147] wont address [questions]. You will answer the questions in a manner that appeases your own curiosity level, a level that is 100% accepting of evolution
~ [Evolution] is a lie, an assumption, a best guess as I have stated
~ [Evolution] is a stupid belief that has no valid scientific argument
~ If we believe in intelligent design then the design is perfect, the environment has changed, the situation since the designer created the perfect design
~ Science is about observing what happened [Subjectively]
~ Hey Phantom, I will have a crack without reading your link. It's all imaginary, assumption, make believe. The evidence doesn't exist, it's all assumption just like the op,s address
~ [Radiocarbon dating doesn’t] have evidence for a constant
~ Ghost147 is misrepresenting science, dating, nobody knows the earths environmental conditions with any certainty 1000 years ago never mind the conditions associated with dates you imagine
~ If you address a post to me I won't bother reading it (yet here we are 5 pages later, you still responding to my comments)
~ I am, poking holes in your faith, asking real questions, pushing science for answers.
~ Monkeys to mankind, no evidence, none at all, just assumption, no proof, just bones in the ground
~ That's right, science is testable, evolution is not, therefore evolution is a religion, a faith, a belief
~ Evolution is not testable, never as, never has been
~ Evolution is a theory with no foundation outside of faith
~ atheists hate science so much
~ [you] just make stuff up and reposts it over and over again, with the premise assumed science
~ Not one genuine scientific answer based on evidence was ever offered in that thread, a complete failure as I saw it.
~ Ghost you dont answer questions, you dont seem to understand your answers are invalid, you offer no answers, just rhetoric
~ Genetic diversity does not make evolution
~ Humans seem closely related to pigs as well, common designer
~ Genetic diversity is the mixture of the parents Dna enhanced by the environment
~ Genetic diversity is not special evolution.
~ The world is older than it seems is a common mantra in evolution
~ every decade they add millions of years onto [Earth’s] existence,
~ Evolutionists like yourself deny the reality of science

He also outwardly states to "not respect your science or opinion", and has also stated at least 5 or 6 times this topic, that he doesn't actually read through the comments he receives fully, he just automatically concludes "lies" and then resorts to slander.

So as you can see, 3StarOracle is a self admitted troll, and Raggedyman is either a troll or severely delusional.

Regarding the OP. Im always interested in Evolution. Never convinced. But interested/

I'm glad the Op interested you. May I ask you you're not convinced that Evolution is evident?
edit on 9/2/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

(aslo, what makes them trolls?)

The persistency in repeating thoroughly discredited Creationist claims ad nauseum along with a willful ignorance of the science behind evolution and the refusal to discuss said science in an intellectually honest manner.

Bingo. This along with the fact that even 5Star already admitted that he is only trying to make "evolutionists" angry with his arguments that blatantly contradict reality. I'm pretty sure Raggedty has admitted this as well, but I could be mixing them up because to me it's just one big mesh of false claims, repeated ad nauseum. Not a single claim backed up, not a single line about the article in the OP. It doesn't take a genius to realize this thread was intentionally derailed.
edit on 2 9 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This only further proves how little we truly know.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
This only further proves how little we truly know.

Nothing about our original concept really changed or was wrong. We just discovered a method to more accurately provide an answer when Humans and Chimps split, which is now 6.6mya rather than 7mya+.

If anything, we now know more than we did previously, instead of showing that we know very little.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

An excellent point. Let's not feed the trolls.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

An excellent point. Let's not feed the trolls.

Agreed. Troll feeding has ran its course.

I find it funny though that the level and frequency of their individual replies was actually one of the main reasons the topic was on the Top Threads list on the Home Page of the forum for as long as it was.

Their efforts at 'pissing us off' and 'poking holes in our information' only served to spread the OP to more people, gaining more support for it and more people informed on the progress being made in biology.

Thank you trolls
you've entertained us and have helped spread interesting discoveries

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A mutation is a change in your DNA. A gene mutation is a change in or damage to a gene. A mutation can be inherited or acquired during your lifetime as cells age or are exposed to certain chemicals. These changes in your DNA can result in genetic disorders.

Please elaborate how this is a progression being evidence for evolution...

Stop skirting around issues with false accusations and misconceptions and personal attacks...

I already provided the link twice...

Please provide me with direct evidence of a mutation being observed which creates a new species...

Hybrids contained within a given species do not count...

The link for my quote is above...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I was going to walk from this thread and well you know

Ghost I don't (mostly😀) read your posts, what you say is a blatant lie.
You infer I don't read any posts.
You are unscrupulous when it comes to your religion, to attacking people, slandering and poison.

That's funny, if your science was so solid you wouldn't have to stoop so low

Listen I am finished in this thread (probably) next time

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

A mutation is a change in your DNA. A gene mutation is a change in or damage to a gene. A mutation can be inherited or acquired during your lifetime as cells age or are exposed to certain chemicals. These changes in your DNA can result in genetic disorders.

Please elaborate how this is a progression being evidence for evolution...

Stop skirting around issues with false accusations and misconceptions and personal attacks...

I already provided the link twice...

Please provide me with direct evidence of a mutation being observed which creates a new species...

Hybrids contained within a given species do not count...

The link for my quote is above...

I asked a few pages ago how certain words and phrases could be considered scientific to a fact
I asked a few times and I never received an answer

I have read about abiogenesis but around here that's krypton it's, you can actually see knees bend over the keyboard.
It gets to a point you just ask questions and watch the outbreak of dissent,

I guarantee you won't get an answer that is relevant, just the same old links will be posted, links to people who are as 100% committed to evolution as those here.
There is no impartiality or testing
Just a, look here more proof

Truthfully educated people should have the capacity to understand both sides of an argument or issue, definetly not around here

Ultimately, all I am saying is you won't get an answer from any of these guys unless they can cut and paste it from Talk Origins directly

It looks deep but it's easy to see who came from the shallow end

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You gone, I get the last word
Evolution is a religion, you all know it and won't challenge it because you know it's true

Now don't feed the trolls 😁

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join