It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker "Guccifer" Welcomes Extradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The "famous" hacker known as "Guccifer" might be coming to America afterall.

The U.S. Government is petitioning for extradition from Romania.

Giccifer claims to be happy about that.

He is currently serving a prison sentence in Romania for hacking into email accounts of several Romanian public figures.

Guccifer is wanted here in the U.S.

And, he was the guy who (reportedly) first exposed the now very famous Hillary private email system !!!!!

He will like it here in a U.S. Federal penitentiary I'm confident.

Hacker "Guccifer" Welcomes Extradition

The Romanian hacker whose illegal exploits first exposed Hillary Clinton’s use of a non-governmental e-mail system is set to waive extradition later this month so he can face trial in the United States on a nine-count felony indictment.

Known as “Guccifer,” hacker Marcel Lehel Lazar, 43, is scheduled for a February 17 extradition hearing in Romania, where he has been jailed since his arrest in January 2014. Lazar is serving a four-year sentence for hacking into the e-mail accounts of several public figures in Romania, including the head of the country’s intelligence service.

In a phone interview from a Bucharest prison, Lazar said that he will waive extradition during a Court of Appeal hearing in two weeks. Six months after Lazar’s indictment on federal charges in June 2014, the U.S. Department of State filed an extradition request with the Romanian government.

Wanted by:

The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign !!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Guccifer claims to be happy about that.

He is currently serving a prison sentence in Romania

If I were serving a prison sentence in Romania I think I would want to be extradited to the United States and maybe get sentenced to some cush, low security joint as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
More likely he's been offered a nice job with the intelligence services.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I predict that somebody is going to be sleeping with the fishes. Oh no he had a heart attack.

I was reading this article earlier today and was wondering if there is a deal that has been struck with the FBI and Secret Services.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I predict that somebody is going to be sleeping with the fishes. Oh no he had a heart attack.

I was reading this article earlier today and was wondering if there is a deal that has been struck with the FBI and Secret Services.

In America "Talent" is always welcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OT OF MY MOUSE ! ! ! ! !

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I hope he asks to face his accuser lol Id think by convicting him of a crime it is also an admission of guilt on behalf of the government. I mean if the government went after every person responsible for hacking a yahoo account and all lol what a joke

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agree

The number of inmates in Romania’s prisons has risen constantly in recent years and the government spends over 41 million euro a year in supporting them, according to a recent report from the National Prison Administration, ANP.

Romania has over 31,800 prisoners today and the number has risen by over 5,000 in the last five years, the report shows.

The situation has eased compared with ten years ago, however, when there were some 52,000 detainees in a system with a capacity for only 30,000.

The high number of prisoners is still a burden, however. According to official data, the state spends around 495 lei (109 euro) a month per inmate.

source

edit on 3-2-2016 by AlaskanDad because: add bold

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Maybe he's going to be a "material witness" for the FBI.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hacked Sids email account and not HRC's server??

Guccifer breached the e-mail of former Clinton White House aide Sidney Blumental, and circulated stolen memos sent to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding Benghazi

source

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

More likely he's been offered a nice job with the intelligence services.
a reply to: VoidHawk

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a more likely reason why they extradited him. He'll be in a federal prison for a short time and than quietly removed.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is an interesting case to follow for sure!
If he is indeed behind half of what he is charged with, he is without a doubt an individual to pay Attention to. Let's see if the guy has a price in $/€/£ or not 😜

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
he pry watched too much orange is the new black.

netflix pry the only tv that prison can afford

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Hacked Sids email account and not HRC's server??

Guccifer breached the e-mail of former Clinton White House aide Sidney Blumental, and circulated stolen memos sent to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding Benghazi

source

Correct. "Officially" that is.

the scandal emerges

edit on Feb-03-2016 by xuenchen because: It's the FBI !!

new topics

top topics

join