It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the impact of new marijuana laws? The data so far...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Making things illegal is really just a bandaid to say, "Hey look we did something! Problem solved!" But then it starts to fester and get infected because you don't use a bandaid to stop a gushing wound. You treat it with many different like stitches and pressure on the wound.

Too many people forget that life isn't simple. So you don't solve our problems with simple answers.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And I was impressed with Cheetos LOL

If I wanted to think of one brand/company that is the epitome of senseless consumption and potential for profits, it would be the NFL.

That projection is totally mind-boggling to me. Awesome!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It's a literal gold mine that the US is sitting on that could single handedly bring back SOOOO many manufacturing jobs and as well as new office jobs and all sorts of other things. Not to mention Colorado and other states that have legalized it are making money hand over fist in taxes.

To be honest, I don't know why people are scared of "Big Marijuana". Big Marijuana means jobs. And a lot of them.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm totally with you - perhaps 50 years from now we will look back at MJ as the defibrillator that helped boost our economy back from the '08/'09 recession
as the Great Late Bob Marley said, "Time will Tell"

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

That would be pretty cool wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745

I do wish folk would start stopping calling it 'marijuana' all the time. The plants correct botanical, scientific name is CANNABIS. That is what the stuff is called and I don't care if 'that's just what it's called here' It's bloody wrong. It's cartoonish, it's derogatory and it's offensive. The negative connotations of the word 'marijuana' holds among those such as imbeciles the old and the uneducated are nothing but a detriment to the whole cause of ending prohibition.

As for this DUI (driving under the influence) carry on. It was obvious these maggots were going to look for other ways to criminalize cannabis users so now we have this crap starting to ooze out of the woodwork.

Simple facts are this. Cannabis does not impair driving ability to any dangerous degree up to a point, and I need to stress that. You really can get too wasted to drive, but it takes a lot. Them trying to police this is a bit worrying. I was a professional driver for decades in various fields of transportation and in my experience it actually enhances driving abilities with notable loss of skill and safety awareness when it is absent. I found it cut down on agitation and distraction and aided focus and reactions, helping my concentration on driving. Very few people seem to believe or agree with my standpoint on this issue.

I am retired now for many years. I drove thousands of hours of taxi and limo driving and heavy goods vehicles, the only accident I ever had was due to fatigue after driving 18hrs straight. I hadn't smoked a thing in days. Make of that what you will. I put my truck through a wall to avoid mashing a car I was colliding with. Everybody walked away and I wasn't charged. I said to them look, if it's anyone's fault it's mine. I got impatient, I overtook and hit a turning car. I still feel to this day, if I'd just had a smoke at some point that day I'd have been less wound up and more observant, despite the fatigue. I feel I would not have made that mistake. I may have though as I had driven more hours than I legally should have in one go. Ridiculous as it sounds I think I was basically impaired by not having had a smoke, which might have counteracted the fatigue as in my experience it usually does and therefore would have prevented the accident.

If proper studies were to validate my findings, not only would these Urang-utans not be pulling over and hassling drivers about weed, car insurance firms would be offering lower rates to Cannabis users. You'd have to pass a urine test to make sure you use it to qualify for the low rate. Imagine how bloody safe the roads would become?

I believe it's a major contribution to road safety.

You are right. With the exception of the potential edible OD, a healthy Person familiar with cannabis and with a tolerance will always drive perfectly safe. A person comfortable with thc In their system can drive with advanced clarity and a strong patience.

there really should not be any debate.

Even dabs are not going to hurt a persons performance. Generally speaking. Gotta crawl before you walk of course. hash oils and potent crystally bud are pretty much the same.

I bet ill hear it for that claim but I stand by it.

I am glad most are aware that edibles do have the potential to render a person unable to function for a bit, but that should be mostly avoidable.

Krazyshot, your awesome for your truth campaign. Its pivitol, and your doing a service extinguishing the propaganda.

Its like were witnessing the death of reefer madness here and now.

edit on 4-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If it was legalized nation wide, I'd lose so much weight. Wouldn't touch a drop of booze.

And I, thank goodness, don't get the munchies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join