It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Donald Trump ‘nominated for Nobel Peace Prize’ for 'vigorous peace through strength ideology'

… an unidentified US nominator proposed Trump for “his vigorous peace through strength ideology, used as a threat weapon of deterrence against radical Islam, Isis, nuclear Iran and Communist China”.  He did not list Trump as one of the candidates who actually has a chance of winning.

Link to article

GO TRUMP!!!

I have heard him say something along the lines of "I will make the military so strong that nobody will mess with us, so we'll never have to use it." That seems like an ok idea to me, as long as he can find a way to replace the current military industrial complex with an alternative that avoids single bidder contracts.

His stance on immigration of muslims is also noteworthy. He clearly states that he would put a temporary stop to the immigration of muslims until we have a better understanding of the situation. Living in the heart of Europe for the last 25 years, I can tell you that this makes a lot of sense to me. Most people here are so confused about how to best deal with the situation that they are starting to avoid talking about it all together. Also, my opinion is that the muslim culture is incompatible with our western culture. The contrasts are just too great and rooted in thousands of years of culture that will not evolve into anything compatible over night. There is a reason for the muslims not assimilating to our culture that cannot be ignored. Letting millions of muslim immigrants into our culture is like throwing gasoline onto a fire. Therefore, putting a stop to this until we have a better understanding of the situation seems like a peaceful initiative to me. In the meantime, all efforts should go to providing help to refugees in their own part of the world, and especially to putting a stop to the wars in the Middle East.

Go easy!

soulwaxer

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why not? Obama got one for.............for.......uh.......what was it he did to get one?
Oh, right, being a community organizer and empty promises.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

The unidentified nominator has been identified. It was Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well Drone masterObama got one so may as well give one to Trump!

edit on 3-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Really? you'd think he would've been nominated for medicine-after all he has got a ferret growing out of his scalp.

But don't tell Trump-the moment he realizes he has a ferret on his head he'll patent it.

edit on 3-2-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Really? you'd think he would've been nominated for medicine-after all he has got a ferret growing out of his scalp.

But don't tell Trump-the moment he realizes he has a ferret on his head he'll patent it.

Well, I prefer to judge people by what they've got inside their skull.

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Edward Snowden has also been tipped for an award, alongside Colombian peace negotiators, US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz and Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation... as well as the pope.
i think times are changing, and whistleblowers, and people like trump will be recognized for their work, and the size of their balls. trump may not be worthy of such an award, but he is definetly worthy of being recognized for his willingness for saying what everyone wants to say, but keeps it in the back of their heads.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If Obama can get it for doing nothing then why not give it to Trump for doing nothing.
Personally I'd give it to Edward Snowden for doing something.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Well, I prefer to judge people by what they've got inside their skull.

Sadly I don't think it works like that anymore. When you have a full wallet suddenly a conscience is no longer necessary.

edit on 3-2-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Why not? Obama got one for.............for.......uh.......what was it he did to get one?
Oh, right, being a community organizer and empty promises.

I thought it was for being black and making promises that sounded articulate. That whole Nobel Peace Prize thing has become a farce.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

the Nobel Peace Prize is an absolute joke now.

They might as well give it to the Kardsashians for "inspiring young women"

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I agree that the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke now, especially since Obama got it. But I am more interested in what Trump's effect on war and peace would be in the real world.

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well he's only nominated so far. But they hand them out like candy now. I wonder how much it cost to buy a Nobel prize, do I get to pick which prize I'd like or is it only the peace prize up for sale?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Trump is about as subtle as a brick so I'd imagine in the highly unlikely event he became President his effect on world peace wouldn't be positive.
It won't happen though so I'm not worried.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

STILL better than giving it to Obama.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Truly a Golden moment in human history.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Woo! Meaningless awards being awarded to people who don't deserve them even though they're meaningless to begin with! The NPP has become a joke ever since Obama won it, may as well award it to the biggest joke around today.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ask Obama how much his cost .

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oh wow, nominated for saying what is already on a lot of people's minds. If you can get nominated for that, then where's my nomination?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
OK Jeez we know, the Nobel is a joke. If a person wants to take out ISIS and keep them for coming here then common sense should tell you that that in itself is creating peace. Of course , the democrat politicians use the jedi mind trick and have made democrat citizens aka "beleivers" believe that they should place a muslims feelings over our safety, that they are so nice and peaceful and You are a bigot if You say something against it. I could care less about any religious persons feelings ! You dems need to check Yourself,,into therapy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join