It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Suspends 2016 Presidential Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well, another one bytes the dust, unfortunately, or not. Did he even have any steam at all? I recall that there were a lot of supporters early on, but eventually, he seemed to go quiet.

Any bets on who will fall off the poli-trix wagon next?

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul announced on Wednesday that he is suspending his 2016 campaign for president.

"It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House," Paul said in a statement. "Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of Liberty.

Paul finished fifth in Monday's Iowa caucuses with 4.5 percent of the vote -- behind rivals Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson.

Paul campaigned on defending liberty and shrinking the federal government’s influence in the United States and abroad. Paul was seen as a possible mainstream libertarian alternative to his father, the former Texas congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Since announcing his candidacy on April 7, 2015 in Louisville, Kentucky, Paul was unsuccessful in breaking single digits in national polls. ;/ex]

L I N K

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well....Hell.
I guess the cream has settled to the bottom and the turds have floated to the top.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Bummer, he does currently hold office at the moment now so, I guess it makes sense given his position.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I actually kind of liked Rand, a hell of a lot more than the others anyway.

I'm really not surprised though - tell me how Hillary "wins" Iowa under sketchy circumstances.. idk how that woman can proudly show her face anywhere in public

Anyway, back on topic.

I fear we will be stuck with another tyrant puppet POTUS next November

edit on 3-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
as far as im concerned, all these republican candidates are stealing delegates from the front runners. it should just be the 4 front runnners. rubio, trump, cruz.... let them duke it out. all these loser politicians like jeb bush still thinking they have a legit chance, please. its time time bow out, admit defeat.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

While I am not a republican, I certainly don't like losing Rand Paul's voice at the debates.

When he's not there, it's like watching a contest where the winner is the one who promises to drop the most bombs, build the biggest wall, deport the most people and shut down the most PP clinics.

He will be missed!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

He was the only one whose campaign was not based around hate of some group.

Plus his ideas seem to be logical and makes sense.

Guess though logic and sense mean little to the GOP crowd.... Guess its back to derp derp War, walls, oil,fear, Drugs war and Jeebus" derp derp
edit on 3-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Question: Paul won one delegate in Iowa. What happens with that delegate? Anyone know the protocol here?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rand could have kissed Trumps butt and be the vice, but he doesn't kiss butt. I think he is sick of people not listening to common sense politics and is done with it. Sucks because he was doing well at first.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Like father like son, internet hype does not translate into real world results

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Well, another one bytes the dust,

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The site was bursting with Ron Paul supporters in 2012, they have all vanished.

edit on 3-2-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Not vanished... Rand isn't half the libertarian his father is. Rand plays the game more than Ron did, especially where military budgets and programs are concerned. He's maneuvered himself into alignment with the expectations of Washington.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I like Rand for the most part and he needs to stay in the Senate where is an important and needed voice. That's why he bailed - he needs to win re-election to the Senate. Whoever gets into the Oval Office, we need him in the Senate.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree losing Rand in the senate is a horrible loss for this country. Agree with him or not he still stands behind what he believes. I kinda like Rand only because I deeply disagree with almost all of the Republicans. I would for sure vote for Rand over Hillary any day

Rand lost all the momentum once Trump entered the race

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree losing Rand in the senate is a horrible loss for this country. Agree with him or not he still stands behind what he believes. I kinda like Rand only because I deeply disagree with almost all of the Republicans. I would for sure vote for Rand over Hillary any day

Rand lost all the momentum once Trump entered the race

He best moment was standing his ground in the senate against air strikes on Assad. He gave a good speech even when McCain , Gen dempsy and Kerry were sneering and laughing at him.

If I meet him Id shake his hand and offer a beer to him for that. Few politicians in the UK or US I would do that for.
edit on 3-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Rand was obviously still a libertarian. He was just trying to woo the kind of voters that actually show up for primaries. A lot of former ron paul supporters did not understand that concept. Ron paul reached the likely ceiling of libertarian support in iowa, to get to the top he needed to get a decent portion of those high voting turnout church goers.

Usually pundits criticize the ron/rand paul foreign policy. I think if he would have came out in favor of nuking the middle east like other candidates he would have had a chance lol.
saying your going to make the sand glow should make your stomach upset if you're a human being.

Getting libertarians to form a group, show up, and not bicker is like trying to herd cats. ron paul the cat wrangler.
edit on 3-2-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, I applauded his stance on that and many other things. I understand why people really don't like him but I really don't understand why republicans don't like him.

Ted Cruz... really? fml

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Agreed, but also shows a desperate need for a third party that actually has a voice

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Rand was obviously still a libertarian. He was just trying to woo the kind of voters that actually show up for primaries. A lot of former ron paul supporters did not understand that concept. Ron paul reached the likely ceiling of libertarian support in iowa, to get to the top he needed to get a decent portion of those high voting turnout church goers.

Usually pundits criticize the ron/rand paul foreign policy. I think if he would have came out in favor of nuking the middle east like other candidates he would have had a chance lol.
saying your going to make the sand glow should make your stomach upset if you're a human being.

Getting libertarians to form a group, show up, and not bicker is like trying to herd cats. ron paul the cat wrangler.

Yup.

Unfortunately, liberty and freedom aren't popular. Old people are terrified of ISIS and losing their SS benefits. The fear mongering media made damn sure we get stuck with a War Monger.

I for one don't want to keep funding these idiotic wars we have no business of being involved in in the first damn place.

Obama and Bush should both be in prison. Hillary too.

Sickening government we are saddled with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join