It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Lucan is Dead , and That's Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
42 years after his Lordship vanished into the ether following the discovery of his children's murdered nanny Sandra Rivett , Lord Lucan has now been declared legally dead giving his son the death cirtificate he needs to inherit his criminal father’s title as eighth Earl.
The errant Lord disappeared in 1974 never to be seen again although many theories surrounding his disappearance and location have circulated for years with the most recent claiming the absent murderer was living life as a hippy known as Jungly Barry in Goa , India.

Lord Bingham said: ‘I am very happy with the judgment of the court in this matter. It has been a very long time coming.’

The judge made the declaration that Lord Lucan is presumed dead on the basis that she was satisfied that he had not been known to be alive for a period of at least seven years.

There have been dozens of theories as to what happened to him over the years from being eaten by tigers to having lived out his days in Africa.
metro.co.uk...

Finally got your hands on the title your Lordship , one title just isn't enough these days....Happy for you your Earlship.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well this sounds like an interesting story.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From the source -

On the night of the peer’s disappearance, the nanny’s attacker also turned on Lord Bingham’s mother, Lady Lucan, beating her severely before she managed to escape and raise the alarm at a nearby pub.
Lord Lucan’s car was found abandoned and soaked in blood in Newhaven, East Sussex, and an inquest jury declared him the killer a year later.

Did his mother say he was the attacker? And it sounds like he was a victim, if his car was "soaked in blood". I looked on Google Maps and it's very possible he was killed and thrown in the river, which feeds in to the English Channel. If so, his body could have washed out to sea before they ever had a chance to look for him.

edit on 3-2-2016 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hadn't heard about this before but I'm glad you made a thread on it.

Very interesting indeed - I wonder what actually happened to Lord Lucan. Africa? Cat food? Fish food?

It is believed Lord Lucan murdered a Sandra Rivett, and many friends/family say they think he comitted suicide "because he was oh so noble" (yeah right)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well i'm sure he'll celebrate tonight with a swift ride out on Shergar and perhaps do a duet with Elvis

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Why in the world wasn't Agatha Christie called upon to solve this decades ago?

Wake up over there!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
His disappearance played a part in the recapture of John Stonehouse, a British politician who faked his own death and tried to build a new life in Australia. The police watching this suspicious character with an English accent were hoping that they were on the trail of Lucan himself.

At the time of the Falklands Crisis, a cartoon in Punch offered another theory. As two penguins watched the British fleet sailing in, one of them was saying to the other "Look out, Lord Lucan, here they come".

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
for a moment, i thought it was the same lord lucan who led ( he survived and was later reprimanded for his incompetence) the light brigade on it's famous charge down the valley of death at the battle of balaclava! but that would have made him an immortal like in "highlander" and that REALLY would have been news! must be his descendant!

seriously, weird story and good find!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The irony is that the new Lord Lucan will get little more than the title. His father was a bankrupt fraud with a gambling problem. Plus he was descended from the man who played a major part in the loss of the Light Brigade at the Battle of Balaclava.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well, I once suggested that Lord Lucan was behind the curtains of ats, and my thread was removed!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just find it interesting that it took 42 years to declare him dead. Usually it's a lot sooner than that. However, I suppose a title does make a difference.

new topics

top topics

join